Man faces charges for adding ‘Sinovac salesman’ to Thai virologist’s Wikipedia entry

webfact

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

really, what plonker started that one off

strangely, years ago my first TVF forum id was my real name, I soon realised it was not really a good idea

wants it for the entire web, not just here. 

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

deemed to be in favour of the government’s vaccination campaign, which relies heavily on China’s whole virus Sinovac

Smugface should bring him when he escapes to Dubai. I heard "Thailand" is up for sale in "The world's islands", only corrupt invited, maybe the Taksins would like to join? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, tingtong said:

A law that nearly solely exist to keep ppl silent.

If the facts are that Sinovac is far from the best vaccine, and the Dr. Proof. pushing it...not bcos medically it is the best ( so why, oh why then??)

It is a shame the young man will end up in jail.

Wikipedia is touted as being editable by "anyone"  which has good points and bad points..however some pages are locked and not even the person who the information is  supposed to be detailing can change or remove disputed content.  for example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Mikovits

21 minutes ago, faraday said:

Who's gonna do it, then - topple that is?

When one general proves unable to cope, there's always another general waiting impatiently to push him aside. There are quite a few examples in Thai history over the last 90 years.

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

wants it for the entire web, not just here. 

Interestingly I've just read a novel called 'The Circle' based on entirely that concept. Decent read. I think it was intended as an attack on the likes of 'uncle goo' as they call them here.

• Like 1

This is horrific. While I cannot condone anyone posting nonsense on Wikipedia, complaining to Wikipedia and having it deleted is the appropriate course of action. No respect for the doctor for having someone carted off to prison for a prank. Didn't have a lot for him anyway.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

controversial Thai virologist Prof. Dr. Yong Poovorawan

Just a few months ago he was "renowned and well respected", now he is "controversial" according to Thai PBS. Wondering if that can be put on his Wikipedia site.

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

One picture tells you all you need to know about the good doctor...he can blow a mean whistle and clap a loud clapper. And some shutdowns are fine by him.

In a way though, part of his job is to persuade the public that the government's vaccine plan du jour is scientifically sound, and best for the public health.

Maybe calling someone with his high rank, a "salesman" is an insult? But maybe everyone is just supposed to prostrate themselves to him, and gobble up every one of his daily nuggets?

That said, someone hit their quota on sinovac, and blew it away.

junta_hugger.jpg

Hey, what’s so disingenuous about salesmen?  I resembled that remark, and not too long ago…

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Famed virologist who's credibility seems to be going down the pan, same as the Sinovac rubbish he says is the best thing since sliced bread.

But the snake oil vax is NOT going down the drain as it should. It's going into the arms of Thai citizens, giving them false hope, which can lead to fatal outcomes.

• Like 2