Thailand's Covid Crisis: Thais urged to hang out white or red flags if they need food or medical help

webfact

10pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

An online group called "Pheuan Ruam Thuk" (friends in a crisis) is urging Thais in need to hang out flags if they need help, reported Daily News.  

The flags should be any material they have like a t-shirt or cardboard and displayed in a prominent place so that neighbors, social services, health personnel or even total strangers can see. 

It should be in a prominent place outside your house or room.

White means you need food.

Red means you need medical assistance such as medication or a hospital bed. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-16

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

53 minutes ago, grandpa said:

I don't know anyone in Thailand who does not have a phone of some sort to summon help!

How many people do you know in Thailand?

There are over 60 million people living in this country, many people in my little village do not and have no money for a phone let alone electricity. 

Please....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Thais have always been encouraged to hang Red White and Blue flags outside their homes, workplaces, public spaces and anywhere else. Maybe they can also be encouraged to hang posters and photos of the king as well??  oh wait.... confusing...

3 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Haven't seen any red/white emergency flags here in Bangkok, but plenty of "condo for sale" posters on windows. Both are signs of increasing desperation. 

I my neighborhood one real estate rent office is renting out its own office space. Very unfortunate

• Haha 1