Thailand reports new daily record of 13,002 coronavirus cases

webfact

10 minutes ago, sezze said:

Like i said before , you can't hide it when it is there , like you can't hide it now . Right now i see pics of full hospitals , i hear stories , true or not idc the stories are there , i hear things i see things . Thailand did not have a wave before , why and how , doesnt mean anything right now . All doesn't matter ... what does matter is right now , and right now they do have .

It does matter...the truth reveals the extent of their capacity to lie...their capacity to lie is exactly what brought us to this situation today..their capacity to lie indicates their likelihood to be honest in their approach to getting Thailand out of this.

Again, for the last few weeks/months when cases were running at 3,000 or 4,000 a day there were none of the signs that people had said would happen.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Yes and that comes when we’re are at probably 30,000 cases (probably higher). Confirms my point that they could of easily got away with hiding 2,000 to 3,000 cases per day last year. Or not even hiding them just not bothering to find them in the first place.

The hospitals would have been filled last year if there were so many cases.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

3,610 official deaths and counting. You also have to wander how many have died from other causes because the hositals are full and how many are yet to come. Remember also that just 3 months ago April 21 Thailand recorded 2 deaths. I would say then that the number has grown. 100 fold in three months.

Again,

You really need to be far far far more worried of the long term effects of COVID 19.  They are really life altering and far more prolific than these few deaths.  

Just don't get it, keep calm, do your best and you should be fine.  But be very careful.  Sterilize your hands and your phone when you get home.  Wash your face thoroughly.  Don't touch your face.  

You don't want this.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

It does matter...the truth reveals the extent of their capacity to lie...their capacity to lie is exactly what brought us to this situation today..their capacity to lie indicates their likelihood to be honest in their approach to getting Thailand out of this.

Again, for the last few weeks/months when cases were running at 3,000 or 4,000 a day there were none of the signs that people had said would happen.

When cases were 3,000 a day, the hospitals were beginning to fill up. And some hospitals were closing due to infections among the staff.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 2

Just now, Blumpie said:

Again,

You really need to be far far far more worried of the long term effects of COVID 19.  They are really life altering and far more prolific than these few deaths.  

Just don't get it, keep calm, do your best and you should be fine.  But be very careful.  Sterilize your hands and your phone when you get home.  Wash your face thoroughly.  Don't touch your face.  

You don't want this.  

One precaution I am taking that nobody talks about is I make my own ice, I don’t buy it. Ice factories have been impacted by Covid, and the virus loves the cold.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, club said:

AstraZeneca will only be able to deliver 5-6 million doses per month but the plan to inoculate at least 10 million people per month will continue with the help of other vaccines, the government said on Tuesday.   What other vaccines? Sinovac, Thai people are not dumb, many will not take it

In reality, if the government presses ahead with its mix strategy, they may not have much choice. 1 sinovac, followed by 1 AZ.

but I wonder how many might refuse to have anything, in the hope they get Pfizer at the end of the year. Risky, but they might.

Edited by wensiensheng

23 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

R.I.P. another frontline casualty...............

Farewell to a #COVID19 frontline nurse who became infected with the virus itself. #Thailand #whatishappeninginthailand  photo via Pichai N.

https://twitter.com/PravitR/status/1417656685196316672

Yesterday's COVID death stats included a 14 year old....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

One precaution I am taking that nobody talks about is I make my own ice, I don’t buy it. Ice factories have been impacted by Covid, and the virus loves the cold.

That's good.

Remember, if you take lots of precautions chances are you may be fine.  I know how stressful it is to have this blowing up around you.  

I personally think the best thing you can do is limit contact outside your house.  Shop when it's dead and nobody is going out.  

And I think sterilizing your phone and washing your hands and face cannot be overstated.  Plus remember your keys, doorknobs, etc at home.  Be careful.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The hospitals would have been filled last year if there were so many cases.

I have to agree but it doesn't mean they weren't hiding numbers. There is of course evidence that this government is prepared to hide numbers the prisons being proof of this. It should also be remembered that the Delta variant is an entirely different beast to last year.

• Like 2

So much speculation, so little evidence: so much suffering, too little compassion.

Truth, and facts, are always back-ordered in Amazing T., requiring a constant adjustment of face.

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate, when he can't afford it and when he can." Mark Twain

Edited by orang37
recovering identity after alien abduction

At this juncture, it's worth a reminder that the government yesterday began offering a new COVID vaccinations opportunity via online registration to foreign nationals age 60 and above who live in Bangkok and five adjoining provinces (Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakarn, Samut Sakhon) and who have not had any prior vaccination shot.

The location is the Bang Sue rail center in BKK, and the vaccine being offered is the locally produced AstraZeneca version.

The link for registration for that vaccination opportunity is here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf_M5LMBUrxjtqtiRjp0dmtAgXHxrOBYN5T__fj_wuUPwen9A/viewform

No idea how long this vaccination opportunity for foreign nationals will remain open or how many doses they have set aside there for foreign nationals.

The same location is continuing to offer walk-in vaccinations (no pre-registration required) to foreign nationals age 75 and above.

1373365081_2021-07-20BangSueVaccinationsforfarang75andolder.jpg.01baae53589cf3961c2ae36f6e168e23.jpg

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003498

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, internationalism said:

the first figure that counts is how many has died.

today 108, so really not growing.

Infections might be rising by thousands daily, in the long run it means herd immunity.

Just don't hospitalise asymptomatic, waste of health resources and unnecessary risk for medics

You'll find that epidemiologists generally measure growth or decline of this pandemic by averaging the past 7 days. Sometimes the past 14 days.