Thailand reports new daily record of 13,002 coronavirus cases

webfact

17 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I have a good reason for the journey.

"Good" is not quite good enough according to the rules. Dont forget to register your journey online and get a QR code, if you have more than just a good reason.

26 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

What appears to be an increase in Prison Infections is a worrying aspect of these figures.

The Prison Infections have been on the rise now for a few Days, but this is the highest so far.

I was under the impression that prison Inmates had been Vaccinated ? So why the new rise in cases within the Prison sector.

Were they all single shot Sinosoup Vaccinations, or were there non administered.

That is the big question, as there are 310,000 locked away in Thai Jails.

Sorry for laughing but I think they said they were planning to vaccinate the prisoners until they realised they had no vaccines so nothing further was said hope it would give the impression that prisoners were vaccinated, it seems to have worked.Thai media is owned by those protecting the trough and holding the guns,I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking you live in a western style civilisation as you may let your guard down and start believing what you see in the media here. 

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

let them keep the biscuts they are probably starving

Purchasing from them allows them a little dignity and an opportunity for them to buy something more nutritious to eat.

• Like 2

here's a thought 

since farangs have been generally excluded from the vaccine rollouts with comments like Thai first 

I wonder have the foreign vaccine suppliers stipulated as part of supply deals that everyone must be treated equally or rather foreigners not excluded and discriminated against otherwise we will not supply vaccines 

it really wouldn't surprise me

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Most of the infections and deaths in UK are from unvaccinated people. Its already a huge improvement. In the Netherlands we have far fewer deaths now 1 or 2 last time i checked with high number of infections. So it does it job at stopping most deaths.

Also, it's skewed by the fact that older people have the highest vaccination rates. So they are still far more likely to succumb than a vaccinated younger person.

4 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

"Good" is not quite good enough according to the rules. Dont forget to register your journey online and get a QR code, if you have more than just a good reason.

Thanks.  I've had my Thai staff check about this as it doesn't seem possible to complete the form in English and without a Thai ID number.  They said: "Commuters who are unable to fill in the e-form can report their itineraries at the check point on the way to the destination".   So, hopefully, I will be able to do this, if there are any checks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Most of the infections and deaths in UK are from unvaccinated people. Its already a huge improvement. In the Netherlands we have far fewer deaths now 1 or 2 last time i checked with high number of infections. So it does it job at stopping most deaths.

Yes that's correct I merely point out the increase and see what happens from here.After all the numbers had declined quite a lot but are now on the way up again with even more being vaccinated I don't profess to know why or what will happen next but can only observe.

10 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Would you implement even harsher lockdowns that may or may not improve the situation from where it currently is but may cause many even greater hardship?Some modelling of the current Sydney out break of roughly 100 per day will take until September to bring it under control, about 6-8 weeks.Now with Thailand at 13,000 would you lockdown Thailand for 6-8 months to bring it under control when most of the people will get no support from those ruling by the gun?If you would then you are a braver man than me.Vaccines maybe a different story but I notice today the UK had 96 deaths from about 45,000 case and don't forget the lag for deaths which is typically 2-3 weeks (it might be a bit fast with the Delta strain), deaths are likely to increase in the UK so even vaccines are not proving as successful as was hoped.

This is a fair point and the only reason a point like this can be made is because the government let it get to this stage. It would seem that the situation is now well and truly beyond control. Of course I plead guilty to being a so-called 'doomsayer' which in my brain means rational thinker.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I still see younger generation happily nearly daily posting pics from parties during lockdowns... big wide smiles with no masks on, a dozen faces in the frame of a camera, with alcohol in hands. One girl in 30s had 8 birthday parties one after another with different groups of people, then started complaining because her favourite bar has closed would not let her have the 9th...

How would you describe this? Very responsible behaviour?

No would you? Do you also think that the Czar should apologize for the governments own mistakes and mishandling of the situation before blaming anyone else?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Perhaps the good UK public servant in Thailand can chew on this one for a while:

609184364_2021-07-20Foreignervaccinationsreport.jpg.0ffbf2a85f4497bbcd149602d2c173d0.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/OICDDC/posts/4140407392746489

As I noted yesterday, this is the first time I've seen ANY information from the Thai government on the numbers and/or share of foreigners getting COVID vaccinations in Thailand:

If the numbers are to be believed, it confirms and shows that foreigners in Thailand (who by numbers are vastly comprised of people from the adjoining SE Asian countries with farangs only as a small minority) thus far have been receiving vaccines at a far lower rate, 3.47%, compared to the Thai populace at large, where the comparable one-shot percentage is about 15% right now.

Way down at the bottom, says 3,925 Brits and 2,559 Americans are among the 170,007 foreigners to have received vaccines, which means at least one shot. The chart says about 39% of that entire vaccinated group, or 66,917 people, have received two doses.

More than 60% of the foreign nationals to receive vaccines in Thailand thus far (104,624) are Chinese nationals and people from Myanmar. (The Chinese government struck a deal with Thailand that free vaccinations would be offered early on in the vaccination rollout to all Chinese nationals using a portion of Sinovac vaccines donated by China, back before vaccinations formally opened for foreign nationals.)

But perhaps most amazingly, with the very large number of foreign national retirees in Thailand, the report says only 1,228 foreign nationals age 60 and above -- the age group considered most vulnerable to COVID -- have received vaccines thus far.  The largest share vaccinated among that small group are Chinese, Brits and Americans. The government's efforts thus far obviously are not reaching the foreign nationals most in need!

It's PITIFUL that six weeks after the official start in early June of Thailand's COVID vaccination program specifically for older foreign nationals and those with chronic medical conditions, only 1,200+ in the 60+ age group have received vaccines.

Yes, it’s not surprising to see Chinese and for that matter French, with decent vaccination numbers. Their governments stepped in. Myanmar worker numbers are interesting. I think that suggests how much Thailand relies on Myanmar workers to keep its businesses running. I’m thinking particularly in Phuket because a lot of hotels and restaurants use Myanmar nationals in their labor force. And yes, of course, they had to be vaccinated for sandbox purposes.

the foreigner over 60 stat is so low it’s hardly believable. It seems that other than Phuket and the odd provincial health authority that has been willing to accept a foreigner here and there, over 60 foreigners have been completely ignored. I’m amazed they were even willing to admit to it.

• Like 1

I estimate one can expect to reach the goal by the end of 2022 in Thailand. Before that the country will be ruined for years, possibly making latest generations considerably poorer than their elders.

• Like 1

According to the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), Klong Toey, Bang Khae, Ratchathewi, Din Daeng, and Laksi are Bangkok districts with the highest number of COVID-19 infections since April 2021.

As the capital continues to report most infections and deaths in Thailand, with almost a third of all the cases found in the current wave, “Sentinel Surveillance”, which is monitoring rates of occurrence of specific diseases, has been conducted at markets, communities, construction worker housing facilities and factories in the capital on a random basis.

Over 2,000 cases have been found in Bangkok every day over the past week.

#BMA #COVID19 #Infections #Thailand #coronavirus #กรุงเทพ

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158151575337050

May be an image of text

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rabang said:

I estimate one can expect to reach the goal by the end of 2022 in Thailand. Before that the country will be ruined for years, possibly making latest generations considerably poorer than their elders.

“The goal”? 

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In Oz where currently they also have lockdowns....the situation that you describe is easily covered. Trades people are able to order online and pick up the toilet in your example.

Homepro example I gave is completely different. It's open to general public. I'm going shortly to grab glue for artificial grass. Need anything? 

This is not a lockdown, rather a set of restrictions. 

From what my sister told me, during the UK lockdown she did most things online and businesses adapted accordingly. For instance, she would order her groceries and then drive round and pick them up at a prearranged time. Staff put them pre boxed in the boot of her car and off she went. Even now she orders groceries online for my mother who has them delivered, and they live 420 miles apart.

I suppose the 7-11 delivery service is Thailand’s version.

• Like 2

Screenshot_1.jpg.f2bbbe6d8c40598e25f438d003747178.jpg

Which provides a good opportunity to note, AFAICT, factories of all types -- despite being a common and recurring spot of COVID cluster outbreaks in Thailand -- seem to have been pretty much excluded from the current and recently instituted restrictions.

See the following... industry is complaining... not about restrictions, but that they may not achieve their growth in exports goals because too many workers are becoming diagnosed with COVID and having to leave work:

"BANGKOK (NNT) - The Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) has revealed that the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak is threatening to prevent the export sector from achieving its 8%-10% growth target, as more factories become hamstrung by rising infections.

FTI vice-chairman Kriengkrai Thiennukul said disease transmission is affecting production capacity and will eventually hit plans to export goods. Some production lines have stopped and manufacturers are being forced to delay product delivery."

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Siamese Satirist: Prayut set to meet with his 40 closet friends to ask them about Covid response

Prime Minister and despot Prayut Chan-ocha will meet with 40 of his closest friends on Wednesday to discuss how the pandemic is going for everyone.

While people die on the streets and tens of thousands get infected, Prayut is set to ask the 40 richest Thai people whether he could do anything else to help make the pandemic go better for them.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/30228/siamese-satirist-prayut-set-to-meet-with-his-40-closet-friends-to-ask-them-about-covid-response/

I keep my friends there too! 

Three months of Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s salary, and those of some the government spokesperson’s team, will be spent on COVID-19 “survival boxes”, to be distributed to people in the “Dark Red” zone, according to Government Spokesperson. https://thaip.bs/R7TegZs

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

So last couple of days been to BIG C for shopping. The checkout has been remarkably uncrowded.

I walked to far end of check outs (away from food section) and to my surprise huge number of trollies lined up completely full. The gf tells me that they are pick up or home delivery. I never knew that was common practice.

I ask "why am I always driving to supermarket to shop" she replies...."up to you" 

I've tried using the Big C website. To be honest I'd rather risk the Covid.

Tesco and Tops are pretty good IMO.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Screenshot_1.jpg.f2bbbe6d8c40598e25f438d003747178.jpg

Which provides a good opportunity to note, AFAICT, factories of all types -- despite being a common and recurring spot of COVID cluster outbreaks in Thailand -- seem to have been pretty much excluded from the current and recently instituted restrictions.

See the following... industry is complaining... not about restrictions, but that they may not achieve their growth in exports goals because too many workers are becoming diagnosed with COVID and having to leave work:

"BANGKOK (NNT) - The Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) has revealed that the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak is threatening to prevent the export sector from achieving its 8%-10% growth target, as more factories become hamstrung by rising infections.

FTI vice-chairman Kriengkrai Thiennukul said disease transmission is affecting production capacity and will eventually hit plans to export goods. Some production lines have stopped and manufacturers are being forced to delay product delivery."

Interesting. It highlights that while lockdowns cause obvious economic consequences, lack of them also has economic consequences. Just talking in general, not specifically about Thailand. Hard to say if Thailand has a lockdown or not.

• Confused 1