All interprovincial buses services suspended

webfact

1626835337_1-org.jpg

The notice announcing the bus service shutdown. Image: BorKorSor

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: All interprovincial buses to and from Phuket have been suspended as the chief of national bus service operator Transport Co Ltd (BorKorSor) has ordered a “temporary suspension” of all bus services throughout the country for two weeks.

The “temporary suspension” will be in effect until Aug 2. However, ThaiPost and parcel delivery services will continue as usual.

BorKorSor President Sanlak Panyawatthanalikit explained that shutting down bus services throughout the country was to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 following what he called a “tight lockdown” on the 13 ‘dark red’ COVID high-risk provinces, including Bangkok.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/all-interprovincial-buses-services-suspended-80759.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-21

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Almer said:

Is it possible to travel by car from Khonkaen to Udon Thani and back for a Hospital appointment?

Yes.  If your journey is essential, which I would think a hospital appointment would be.  Make sure you have your passport and confirmation of the appointment.

Is this every route everywhere or just Thai transport company ...... so buses by Chan Tours, Nakhonchai air etc Phetsapert tours etc etc including buses heading to the airport have all stopped rolling as of 5 hours ago until further notice?

3 hours ago, In Full Agreement said:

Hopefully the 13,000 new infections and 108 deaths yesterday will be enough to discourage those who want to by pass travel restrictions put  in place to mitigate the spread of this  virus

Some will still try for sure.

With no domestic flights and no buses, how do they expect that "sandbox" tourists continue their travel to Thailand? 
Many of them went to Phuket as a first step before continuing travel to Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin or wherever
Edited by Espanol
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Espanol said:

With no domestic flights and no buses, how do they expect that "sandbox" tourists continue their travel to Thailand? 
Many of them went to Phuket as a first step before continuing travel to Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin or wherever

indeed my hotel in phuket asked me to which province i am going to continue from here, because they need to report it to immigration.

i asked them to which province am i allowed to continue.

even the buses within phuket stopped operating.

what a shame. after all the hastle and paying 8000 baht for PCR tests, all we can do  is walk around the hotel.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

indeed my hotel in phuket asked me to which province i am going to continue from here, because they need to report it to immigration.

what a shame. after all the hastle and paying 8000 baht for PCR tests, all we can do  is walk around the hotel.

If no other way to go outside Phuket, may be renting a car could be an option.

I think that some ferries still sailing to Krabi and Phi Phi.

Edited by Espanol

Now that Prayut and friends have successfully infected the entire country, implement totalitarian measures and claimed success while blaming average Thais and washing their hand and claiming they are personally blameless.

These people must be living in a bubble of their own making.
Even I understand what 'average Thais" are thinking and feeling like right now.  I live with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

And you didn't anticipate just this?  It was very obvious where this was heading.  And now we're just starting.

This is all very confusing.

I'd planned on using Phuket as a way back myself. Firstly on the basis of 7 days then 14 with my wife joining me for part of it. Up until I read this report The problem at this time seemed to be (could all change of course and now it has) to fly to Khon Kaen via BKK if possible. If not the prospect of many hours on a bus which might be involve a stop in Bangkok. Without stops Google suggests about 17 1/2 hours to my house and and about 20 minutes less to Khon Kaen bus station. That seems too long to me. The other option was quarantine in Bangkok but if flights were stooped then it's about 7-8 hours on a bus which is OK and I've done it many times. Just need to wrap up warm if it's in the cooler months since Thais don't seem to understand air conditioning. The problem is if busses are stopped from Phuket which has high vaccination rates and strict rules to stop covid entering or leaving the island won't the busses be stopped in Bangkok bearing in mind how serious things are.

I did think of hiring a car although I'm not sure I'd want to do that from Phuket unless a stop on route was allowed. I've driven between my has and Bangkok on many occasions although always with my wife for company and to help with the driving. It's not a great option but better than from Phuket. Also this is just the situation now but it could all change by the time I get there. It's a bit like trying to predict the lottery numbers on the second week of September based on the numbers this week.  Impossible. 

I've just thought I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to use Phuket as the UK was put on the high risk list a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Almer said:

Is it possible to travel by car from Khonkaen to Udon Thani and back for a Hospital appointment?

Of course. Zero problem.

Against first misunderstanding Udon Thani is not in a dark red zone.

Khon Kaen never been.

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Don't forget Thailand's 1950s-style train services.

I saw a review of first class train travel from Bangkok to Chiang Mai on YouTube recently. Looked pretty good although it was about 3 to 4 hours slower than the first class bus that was reviewed going the other way.

1 hour ago, Espanol said:

If no other way to go outside Phuket, may be renting a car could be an option.

And even better going to:

for me only a laughable 1300 km, about 20h.

Should I try in one leg? :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And even better going to:

for me only a laughable 1300 km, about 20h.

Should I try in one leg? :biggrin:

Yes it's a great idea assuming they don't ban that as well but your journey is longer than mine. Would you be able to stop on the way? I can't see why not given how safe Phuket should be compared to the rest of the country but then based on that I don't see the reasoning behind stopping the busses in the first place.

11 minutes ago, kimamey said:

I can't see why not given how safe Phuket should be compared to the rest of the country

Now it would not work as they require being vaccinated for all travelers wherever they come from in Thailand.

Not much different to a complete lockout of domestic tourism.

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Now it would not work as they require being vaccinated for all travelers wherever they come from in Thailand.

Not much different to a complete lockout of domestic tourism.

That's what I meant. There are so many restrictions plus vaccination and testing Phuket should be fairly safe. My point was that travel from Bangkok should be stopped. Of course as I was thinking that I saw that it applies nationwide. 

Without being able to stop somewhere on a long journey I can't see it being possible not to mention the safety aspect which of course they wouldn't.

23 minutes ago, kimamey said:

Looks like this is nationwide now.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1224861-transport-co-completely-halts-passenger-bus-services/

What's it like living full time in Phuket? Might be my only option soon.

here all bused stopped too, only that no one told about this. i had todiscover it myself

the hard way

• Sad 2

Will it make any difference ,my rout Bangkok -Lomsark has had no 2ed class  buses running for the past year ,just the odd double-decker,not seen one of those for some weeks.

Thai TV had a shot of Morchit  bus station  3 days ago ,it was a case of spot the bus ,place was empty .

And what about the white-knuckle ride minibuses a dozen people crammed in like a sardine can ,more chances of catching something there than in a large bus.