Thailand reports record high of 17,669 new COVID-19 cases and 165 deaths

webfact

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

I haven’t followed Cambodia’s Covid situation much. A few sensible policies mentioned in this article though

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/cambodia-imposes-covid-19-lockdowns-along-thai-border-over-delta-15325332

We have not heard from a few members of late who reside in Cambodia.  They had indicated it was pretty stable, but then is it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

My Brother in law just tested positive about an hour ago 5-30 pm he lives out at Nontaburi but works in BKK my wife is a bit upset and has been trying all afternoon to find a hospital bed we have found one but they cant take him in until Saturday cant get an ambulance so his friend will take him on the back of a truck                                       

Just a tack on to your report.

Mentioned experience with our Thai friend earlier.

So his timeline had been positive test (done at private hospital) last weekend just past. Told to go home and isolate.

He actually booked into a hotel. 

Just today lot of coughing etc.

Just now we received call that he got a spot at hospital and basically is in transit.

Hua Chiew hospital. Don't know if that's private or public.

So some folk still getting into hospital even though his wait was approx 4-5 nights wait.

Stay safe all.

BTW the gf watches Thai news on cell with groups. Tonight another covid home death in Din Daeng market area. That area has lot of migrant workers and they along with Thai often live is close quarters 

Do these home deaths make some sort of toll. Guessing not.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Phuket Sandbox on two-week ‘watch’

PHUKET: The Phuket Sandbox scheme will continue for at least two more weeks while officials monitor the fallout from the rise in COVID-19 infections across the island, Dr Khajonsak Kaewjarat, Deputy Director of the Department of Disease Control (DDC), has confirmed.

“From the evaluation under three criteria, Phuket Sandbox can continue, but we will spend the next two weeks monitoring to see whether Phuket is still able to control the number of new infections,” Dr Khajonsak explained after a meeting with Phuket officials today (July 29). 

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-sandbox-on-two-week-watch-80856.php

Oh my, what does this mean for the Samui plus plan.

• Haha 1

Exceptions for the ban on domestic entry to Phuket includes ambulances, transporting medical supplies and other goods, going to the airport (must have same day ticket), court appointments, people on official business etc. These people must also be vaccinated and have covid test.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1420738033716895745

13 minutes ago, anchadian said:

So far, 30 people in the sandbox have tested positive in the last 30 days #Thailand

I think most has to be local infections! All have vaxxed, test before come , test when come...... 

Bye bye sandbox ! Idiots done that , all seen that, now is time to bury that!

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The plan for tourists to island hop after a 7 day stay in Phuket, has now been put off.

I was wondering, is this now the end of Samui+?  Let's see what happens I guess.

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

The vaccine registration by mobile phone operators doesn’t include foreigners because I’m told you need a 13-digit ID card number. But now I’m told it also doesn’t include naturalized Thais even if they have a Thai ID card and passport. Apparently you have to be born Thai [1/2]

I’ve always believed that if I got Thai citizenship I would enjoy the same rights and benefits as a person born Thai. But apparently that’s not true. The person who contacted me gave up his citizenship to become Thai. But now he feels like a 2nd class citizen #Thailand [2/2]

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1420698168673521666

Message from the @MFAThai

: “The Department of Consular Affairs is preparing a pre-registration website for other age groups of foreign residents in Thailand to be launched at the earliest opportunity” #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1420749012794109961

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Message from the @MFAThai

: “The Department of Consular Affairs is preparing a pre-registration website for other age groups of foreign residents in Thailand to be launched at the earliest opportunity” #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1420749012794109961

I just let the GF know, she is one of those other ages and a foreign resident.

A police spokesman said Thursday authorities will investigate photos of people collapsing on the streets, which they said some of them may have been "staged" to incite fear. Perpetrators of fake news face up to two years in prison and/or a fine of up to 40,000 baht, he warned.

https://twitter.com/tappanai_b/status/1420748884930797591

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

A police spokesman said Thursday authorities will investigate photos of people collapsing on the streets, which they said some of them may have been "staged" to incite fear. Perpetrators of fake news face up to two years in prison and/or a fine of up to 40,000 baht, he warned.

It is possible that some of these photos are mislabeled. 

One person looked to be a gunshot victim, and others may simply be normal victims of afflictions of old age. 

29 minutes ago, anchadian said:

"Staged" Shame on you Thai police spokesman. You are now threatening the same people that you are suppose to protect with a 40,000 baht fine and up to two years in prison, poor people who are now dying in the streets.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

When dead bodies first made the news, I saw a set of  four images that looked staged.  They were all made from the same model phone at different, but similar locations. 

In every case, rather nondescript bodies were laying dead center in a narrow sub-unban road. The scenes were similar with just the body sprawled out. How could so many people wander dead center into a narrow road and just die, then be captured on the same model phone? I don't think so.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Pattaya/Banglamung 228 I believe that is a new high and the highest in Chonburi.

These numbers here may seem not that large if you just look at each day.  Add them up and it is in the thousands just over the past few weeks.  

Where are they?  I do not know but it seems there are many ambulances driving around the city.

I have also seen a few pull up to condos, the occupants getting out in full PPE waiting at the van for someone to come out.

I live in Nonthaburi and there are definitely a lot more ambulances on the roads the last week or 2. The worrying thing is that some of these are transporting people from their homes when they get too sick ( no point to go to hospital when there are no beds anyway). Their families are most likely to be infected as well. One of my wife's staff was in that situation. One brings covid home and then they are all infected in a day or two. 

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I’m seeing these on Facebook today. This is an antibody home test. It can determine whether you had Covid in the last 6 months or so.

It cannot determine if you are infected now.

Even if you were infected 6 months ago, you probably have little or no immunity against the Delta variant.

So, these are basically useless.

53EB2305-DB5D-447E-9735-F1027DE9733B.jpeg

This is the rapid antigen test. This will show current infection. It's not an antibody test. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Total BS!

Sweden travel restrictions:

They really test pickers when entry country and isolate them for 7 days.

https://polisen.se/en/the-swedish-police/the-coronavirus-and-the-swedish-police/travel-to-and-from-sweden/

Nonsense, there's a whole lot of "recommendation" and "should" but as usual, zero checks and zero follow-up. This is Sweden you talk about.

First https://polisen.se/en/the-swedish-police/the-coronavirus-and-the-swedish-police/travel-to-and-/from-sweden/

Follow the link to: 

https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/the-public-health-agency-of-sweden/communicable-disease-control/covid-19/if-you-are-planning-to-travel/recommendations-for-those-travelling/

"Recommendation to get tested and self-isolate after arriving in Sweden. Applies only after entry from certain countries, so-called third countries

In addition to the recommendation above, it is also recommended that those who, seven days before arriving in Sweden, have visited or entered from a so-called third country outside the EU that is not on the EU list of exempted third countries. That is, from a country that is not a member of the EU or EEA and where the spread of infection is currently relatively high. In these cases, you should:

• Get tested for COVID-19 as soon as possible after arriving in Sweden, preferably on the same day. Find out how to get tested by visiting 1177.se
  • Get another test five days after your arrival in Sweden. Find out how to get tested by visiting 1177.se
  • Self-isolate and avoid close contact with other people for at least seven days after arriving in Sweden... "

Sorry for the strange fonts   

Edited by MikeyIdea
Tried to fix fonts
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Those previously infected last year have little immunity to the Delta variant, so your premise is invalid.

What makes you think they have little immunity against [b]severe[/b] symptoms of Delta and how is the vaccine developed against earlier form of the virus any different? Naturally acquired immunity from disease equals vaccination. This has been true for the last hundred years or so. It does not change with covid. You just repeat the narrative that sells vaccination.

Edited by AnotherFarang8
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Prayut’s crystal ball needed polishing yesterday, in the morning he said the worst would be over in 2, 3 or 4 weeks but by the evening that had already changed to 4 – 6 weeks time, giving himself some wiggle room.

At this point, he'll say whatever he needs to say to keep the pitchforks at bay...

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So your currently in UK.

Can you guage the public feeling.

I realize it's not black/white question, however, do people generally feel....

"It's about time...let's party" Or 

"We need to be measured and vigilant"

Can only speak for myself but I think it's about time but I still take sensible precautions, mask inside in crowded shops etc. Think the younger generation is party, party.  I'm middle the road, nice to go out and have a meal etc, but then I am double jabbed with Pfizer so have some comfort thinking I have reasonable protection from been severely ill or dying. Then there are people who are still worried about going out and mixing. Think vaccines are the way out of this at the moment though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Petey11 said:

Can only speak for myself but I think it's about time but I still take sensible precautions, mask inside in crowded shops etc. Think the younger generation is party, party.  I'm middle the road, nice to go out and have a meal etc, but then I am double jabbed with Pfizer so have some comfort thinking I have reasonable protection from been severely ill or dying. Then there are people who are still worried about going out and mixing. Think vaccines are the way out of this at the moment though.

If you're going to die from it after getting 2 jabs of Pfizer then I'm afraid you are in horrible condition.

The chances of you dying from COVID 19 if you get it right now is infinitesimally small.   You really shouldn't be worried about yourself.  

Here we are literally opening up - no masks, and the 20 percent who are not vaccinated they no longer care about.  The end of August you don't even have to isolate if you are in close contact with COVID and don't have to stay at home if you get a cold (which could easily be covid after a vaccine).  

We are opening up here and anti vaccination people be damned.