Thailand reports 17,345 new COVID-19 cases and 117 deaths

webfact

17 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They will be fudging the numbers to ensure the reopening can happen. 

Letting everyone know the true extent of the problem will scupper the reopening and cause the govt to lose face. 

If and when that happens the genie will be truly out of the bottle as far as folks coming in double vaccinated and returning home infected after coming into contact with an unvaccinated individual who was covid positive such as the Taxi driver I reported on earlier in the thread.  Sad state of affairs that has been created.  Now if 70 percent were truly and completely double vaccinated why not take that risk, yet as we stand now, well...yes I am shaking my head in disbelief.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's not about being optimistic.

It's about timing and compassion.

I don't think Monty Pythons "Bring Out Your Dead" sketch would get many laughs at the moment.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous.  How does expressing some hope that today's slightly lower figures may mark (note: "may") the peak have any bearing on compassion.  What do you hope for?  Hopefully you don't hope that the figures start increasing again; that wouldn't be very compassionate.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Let's hope the slight decline in cases, and the more dramatic drop in deaths, continues.  Maybe we've passed the peak after all. 

good to see you have a measure on the situation far beyond what the rest of us numpties have 

Edited by smedly
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Still not sure if the Phetchabun cases have been added or if they ever will.  Hiding cases behind the Rapid Antigen test is also a farce, and the people in this country know the truth as it stares them in the face daily with family cases growing at a staggering rate.  Soon many communities will be told they must be locked in for fear of it spreading further.  The problem is it is already spreading everywhere and the only way to slow the spread is to vaccinate people.  Just read a story of someone who had been an Antivaxxer elsewhere becoming sick and now being on a ventilator.  He believed all of the Antivaxxer rhetoric and now wishes he did not.  Other stories of people disguising themselves as they get vaccinated and are hiding the facts from family members who are antivaxxer as well in order to protect themselves.

I had a thought about the Phutchabun 3000. Detected with Rapid Antigen tests? I think that was the case. Then they would do PCR tests to confirm which they couldn't do in one day and as positives come up they are added to the daily total rather than it happening in a block. Just a thought.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I had a thought about the Phutchabun 3000. Detected with Rapid Antigen tests? I think that was the case. Then they would do PCR tests to confirm which they couldn't do in one day and as positives come up they are added to the daily total rather than it happening in a block. Just a thought.

It’s a logical thought. But yesterday Petchabun had 74 cases I believe. So processing in batches of 50 or so? Seems low.

• Like 2

Responding on a follow-up question by @ChannelNewsAsia on the same topic,

@USAmbThailand says that it is the responsibility of the Thai govt how the 1.5 mil donated Pfizer vaccines are being distributed, but supports their pledge to give it to front line medics and others at risk

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1420928179506610178

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Deaths in Southeast Asia hit a new high on Thursday while the number of new cases continued to remain high, collated data showed. #COVID19 #ASEAN #ThailandNews #TheNationThailand https://nationthailand.com/international/40003947

I see Thaland has the second largest new cases. I think the new cases per capita may make it first

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Pfizer doses arrived BKK this morning.

About an hour ago I saw a large military helicopter heading over the top of the condo en-route to what looked like the Suvarnabhumi area, but could have just been on a training flight,  However,  I wonder if they will be loading the doses aboard and flying them to the locations where they will be vaccinating the first responders and medical staffs urgently.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I wonder if they will be loading the doses aboard and flying them to the locations where they will be vaccinating the first responders and medical staffs urgently.

Think everyone would hope so.

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

About an hour ago I saw a large military helicopter heading over the top of the condo en-route to what looked like the Suvarnabhumi area, but could have just been on a training flight,  However,  I wonder if they will be loading the doses aboard and flying them to the locations where they will be vaccinating the first responders and medical staffs urgently.

There was some discussion of the handling of the Pfizer doses in a MoPH document the other day that I clipped to save, as follows:

1973790898_2021-07-29Pfizerdetails.jpg.6fc5b89b3f6b1ed7d6e7e6c21864558b.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

Finally overtaken Malaysia. Thailand has been trailing them for quite a while.

It does not seem long ago, when I last looked, they were well below Malaysian numbers..... and it does not look like Malaysian numbers are falling. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just drop them off you reckon! 

• Confused 1