Norwegian in infection chaos in Thailand: Must go to Norway for vaccination

snoop1130

On 7/30/2021 at 10:29 AM, sucit said:

It’s all absolute insanity. The stuff we are doing is the equivalent of the crazy person freaking out and screaming in public. It’s just all of us. 

Think about it. The guy is getting on planes, and into confined spaces like taxis, going through screenings with people around, all to save himself from a virus. I am criticizing the system not him. Anyone over a certain age should have easy access to the vaccines. I don’t care what passport you hold. 

However at least he's ending up somewhere that he'll be cared for...

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, several hundred of the limited number who were trying to get appointments specifically for the 60+ age group and those with medical conditions.

I'm not sure whether your multiple exclamation marks means you think "several hundred" is a low or high number or whether you're disputing what I said but bear in mind that there were only 100 appts per day, per hospital for that registration period.  

Low, considering the number of people desperate for a jab.

5 hours ago, khunPer said:

If the number of real Covic-sick were way higher then the official numbers, hospitals would long ago have been overloaded with serious ill patients, which however not seems to be the case. I've been visiting three hospitals during the pandemic, one of them monthly, they have so far not been busy at all. But there could well be asymptomatic cases that are not found, due to no sickness and low number of tests...????

So all restrictions on movements and businesses are normal? you should read the link.

Are you Anutin Charnvirakul?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/7/29/hospitals-in-thailand-short-of-beds-as-covid-cases-soar-ministry

1 hour ago, tomyami said:

So all restrictions on movements and businesses are normal? you should read the link.

Are you Anutin Charnvirakul?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/7/29/hospitals-in-thailand-short-of-beds-as-covid-cases-soar-ministry

I believe you don't understand what I talk about. It's generally about trust in reported number of Covid-positives vs. serious Covid-condition. It's not a comment to present daily situation in Bangkok, where so far all that tests positive are hospitalized, mainly in field hospitals and like, whilst other countries mainly use home-isolation when people are not sick.

Today's stats (31st July 2021)...

Thailand...

total cases per 1 million: 8,534

deaths per 1 million: 69

active cases adjusted to per 1 million: 2,864

vs. for example

UK...

total cases per 1 million: 85,407

deaths per 1 million: 304

active cases adjusted to per 1 million: 17,622

USA...

total cases per 1 million: 107,143

deaths per 1 million: 1,889

active cases adjusted to per 1 million: 16.233

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 5:43 PM, JudyB said:

I don't get why he 'has' to go to Norway. There are various options to be vaccinated here, especially at his age. Many governments are not vaccinating their own people abroad. As an 'elderly' Brit I have been vaccinated by the Thai government

Oh !! good for you I'm a Brit 74 and attend an Asthma clinic at a Govt hospital in Sukhothai and been told I cannot have a vaccine because all Thai people have to be vaccinated first.

They have booked me for September or October but didn't say what year it would be.

• Like 1

OSL Gardermoen international airport has one of the most bad reputations around the world on how they are treating travelers (Norwegians) at the airport through covid regulations.  Long waiting, mental queues, harsh guards.  

People think Norway is one of the best countries to live in.  
The truth is it’s becoming a harsh stasi state where all aspects in life is heavily regulated and punished. 

Edited by GeilGeilertzen
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 6:29 AM, sucit said:

It’s all absolute insanity. The stuff we are doing is the equivalent of the crazy person freaking out and screaming in public. It’s just all of us. 

Think about it. The guy is getting on planes, and into confined spaces like taxis, going through screenings with people around, all to save himself from a virus. I am criticizing the system not him. Anyone over a certain age should have easy access to the vaccines. I don’t care what passport you hold. 

To your point, I don't understand why countries that had the vaccine wouldn't do something for their own citizens living abroad. It might be that they weren't allowed to do so under Thai law. Red tape and import/export laws as to medicines/vaccines.  Meanwhile, the biggest insanity is how Thailand bungled the distribution of the vaccines, even with the Astra Zeneca making them right in Thailand. As to the planes, they are never fully booked, no one is allowed to sit next to anyone so there is one person per 3 seat row, I have flown twice during Covid and the planes are no threat. 

19 hours ago, gamini said:

you are lucky I am 90 years old with a lot of chest problems. I have to go government hospital once a week for treatment. I can't get a vaccination unless I go to Bangkok. I am disabled and cannot travel very far it is five hours from where I live

Sorry to read about your health issues, I'm only in my mid 70's and have heart problems.
I don't know where you live in Hua Hin, but I live in the southern part of the town and went to Bangkok on Wednesday to get my AZ vaccine, it took me a tad under two and a half hours each way, though for comfort we stayed overnight, in hindsight it wasn't really neccessary to do so as the roads were very quiet.

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2021 at 8:56 AM, theoldgit said:

A number of my friends resident in Pattaya have confirmed appointments at MedPark for next week, and are travelling up together.
Likewise I made an appointment for this week and travelled up from Hua Hin to receive my jab, I'm not over 75.
That said, I'm led to believe that Bangkok vaccination points may now be restricting the service to Bangkok resident only, though I haven't seen anything official to confirm that. 

thailandintervac.com. is now showing Sri Racha for pre-registration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An at risk retired American friend in Pattaya (77 years old) was able to get his first Covid-19 vaccination (A-Z) at the Bangsue Station vaccination center two days ago. There is no reason to travel outside of Thailand for one and this article is just spreading misleading pandemic information. 

17 hours ago, khunPer said:

I believe you don't understand what I talk about. It's generally about trust in reported number of Covid-positives vs. serious Covid-condition. It's not a comment to present daily situation in Bangkok, where so far all that tests positive are hospitalized, mainly in field hospitals and like, whilst other countries mainly use home-isolation when people are not sick.

Today's stats (31st July 2021)...

Thailand...

total cases per 1 million: 8,534

deaths per 1 million: 69

active cases adjusted to per 1 million: 2,864

vs. for example

UK...

total cases per 1 million: 85,407

deaths per 1 million: 304

active cases adjusted to per 1 million: 17,622

USA...

total cases per 1 million: 107,143

deaths per 1 million: 1,889

active cases adjusted to per 1 million: 16.233

Dear deluded Anutin,

Those figures are meaningless even if true without thailand's testing and vaccines well published failures some even expressed in a previous link you choose to ignore.

With covid current is only relevent you must factor Delta and % vaccinated ur sample data does not.

So here is the UK in graphical format as an example and this is what thailand has to do

On 7/30/2021 at 1:59 PM, Jingthing said:

...The Norwegian guy indeed could have registered there if he had known about it. 

This "Norwegian guy" is the "secretary of The Scandinavian Society Siam" and if he did no know about the possoibilities of getting registered for vaccination and did not inform the other members of the society about it, he should not have that position. Furthermore, with this media publicity he is giving the society a bad name.

• Thanks 1

What is this guy whining about? He can get himself registered at Medpark at the moment. Just did so for my folks over 60. They're on the list for Pfizer later this month. They already got their first jab (Astrazeneca) at Piyathai 2. And they're on two more lists which we are going to cancel of which one is a local program and first jab expected this or next week. It takes a bit of effort but registration is by far easier than traveling to your country of origin and exposing yourself to all kinds of hazards on the way. Also costs way more money. I really don't get why people would opt for the most difficult road.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure why anyone in Chiangmai should complain about accessibility …. there are three free “walk-in vaccination centers” open this weekend …. appointments not needed.

Vaccine is Chinese Sinovax for 1st shot