Norwegian in infection chaos in Thailand: Must go to Norway for vaccination

snoop1130

2 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Given the beach in the picture, I reckon he is not in Bangkok. As most of the vaccine opportunities, the scads of them, require him to get  online with Bangkok hospitals, or surrounding jongwats, & register. Then if called, get his tuckus to Bangkok . If not then just like 70 and 75 years old's up here in CM, the ones with underlying symptoms, that have registered multiple places. He has not heard a word for months and now has to make other plans. Poor old gits but I can't blame them for taking matters in their own hands.  

They say though, vaccine it is coming. General Prayuth told me so. 

You are correct, the beach in the photo is not Bangkok. Which area, do you know? The beach in the picture seems more beautiful than many others I have seen. And someday, when this virus problem is at an end, I will visit that beach. It is good to have something beautiful to look forward to. I have no doubt I will live to see this beach, someday.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, riclag said:

May I suggest to contact the [Chinese] embassy here in Thailand, perhaps they could help in acquiring the vaccine of your choice or help to pay for the cost of travel to obtain it !

Good luck !

Was that supposed to be funny? Why would anyone with a sane mind want to have Sinovac injected in their bodies? Good luck to you too, not posting something stupid again.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, it is what it is said:

it seems getting a vacaccine can be straightforwar for some; my thai friends are either professionals or middle/high ranking civil servants, all have been vaccinated as have over 18s in their families, no joining the massive crush a bang sue for them.

It's pay to play like everything else here. 

My gf, not in a high risk group, paid a mate of hers 3,000thb to be put on the list. Her first jab was today. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

This guy is a genius or it's me ?

Does he really consider safer to fly during a pandemics than just waiting quietly for local vaccine at home, having food and beer delivered ?

How ridiculous can be people who are not able to think on their own is astonishing !

Stop watching TV !!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It's pay to play like everything else here. 

My gf, not in a high risk group, paid a mate of hers 3,000thb to be put on the list. Her first jab was today. 

That mate is bad at doing business. I would be happy to pay x5 ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bangkokhatter said:

nice work, you booked 3 different appointments to make sure you got jabbed once.

Good to see your thinking of others during this humanitarian crisis.

anyway do you think that people who vaccinate think about others ?

of course not ! they only think about their own health and then later they won't care to wear masks and respect distancing, because they do not care that unvaccinated people could get the virus from them !!!

The more people will be vaccinated the more I will feel threatened by the vaccinated people.

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I agree, they were very limited but I managed three appts by getting on as soon as the site opened and not giving up right up until the last day.  That was my point and several hundred others who were successful also would agree with me, I'm sure.  

Several hundred !!!!!!!!!!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bangkokhatter said:

nice work, you booked 3 different appointments to make sure you got jabbed once.

Good to see your thinking of others during this humanitarian crisis.

Norwegian has a choice, wait or go home, as some of us do.  Some don't have a choice including expats who have families in Thailand who don't have the visas/money to fly the family home and wait for second jab nor spend the money for ASQ upon return plus those who just don't want to (me)   Norwegian guy is probably retired (assumption at his age) and can make ends meet, set back at the pool and the vaccine will come.  Probably doesn't have to get out in the mix and work every day like some folks like the delivery guys, lady who still sells vegetables down the road, grocery store employees, local store employees and countless others who need to make money and keep things going like eating. 

Surely there are professionals that live in Thailand that could develop a secure online registration national database by province that precludes multiple registrations for vaccines which just clog the system. Probably a lot of expats with the skills to fix it but don't want the hassle, use the emergency powers to get those folks to help without strings( yes I know never happen) Probably a lot of the registrations for vaccines are folks who apply multiple times, read several posts on TV of folks who paid in different places for Moderna.  IMO there should be a hiring spree of foreigners who know code, establish national databases which can be used across govt domains or at least advise best practices.  There is talent here both expats and Thai citizens. 

@Bangkokhatter I agree.  Thinking of others is a foreign concept now a days. 

• Like 1

He could just wait as the vaccine roll out here picks up momentum. Probably a safer and certainly a less hysterical reaction. Flying back to Norway is absurd. As reported in another thread I had my first AZ jab here this week in Chonburi and hundreds of foreigners have been to Bangkok for their shots. There is a special vaccine roll out for foreigners over 75 in Bangkok which in all probability will spread to other areas.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

He could just wait as the vaccine roll out here picks up momentum. Probably a safer and certainly a less hysterical reaction. Flying back to Norway is absurd. As reported in another thread I had my first AZ jab here this week in Chonburi and hundreds of foreigners have been to Bangkok for their shots. There is a special vaccine roll out for foreigners over 75 in Bangkok which in all probability will spread to other areas.

See my post... he doesn't want AZ, or the "chinese vaccine". 

He wants mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna)

Norway only use mRNA and he wants no less... in Thailand.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, godonnet said:

See my post... he doesn't want AZ, or the "chinese vaccine". 

He wants mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna)

Norway only use mRNA and he wants no less... in Thailand.

Well he suffers from vaccine snobbery which is entirely inappropriate and borderline deluded. The imperative is to get the available vaccine and make a selected choice later. I got zero sympathy for him or his story.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, samtam said:

Perhaps easier to travel to Bangkok to get vaxxed than to Norway for the same purpose.

I do have sympathy. I was going out of my mind trying to get vaxxed, and finally ended up with 4 or more appointments through the many I had registered.

Generally a more jaundiced view of the situations, in issan or the north. Likely a result of notices in mid month canceling scheduled appointments and then rescheduling weeks, or a month later. The reason, not enough vaccine. Or signing up wherever and nothing, then told by those lucky, due to geography, to be living in areas where the vaccine is going, ‘just not trying hard enough’. Uh huh.  Our own PT squad doing the cheerleading for that, doesn’t help either.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Got my AZ vaccination at Phayathai 2 on Wednesday, an orderly, breeze for anyone who bothered to try to register continuously, early, every day when registration was offered.   I ended up with vaccination appointments at Phayathai 2, MedPark and Bangsue.   

Me too re appointments - took the earliest one at Bang Sue on Tuesday this week.

As said above, this is a non-story, opportunities were there/are there to avoid having to take the more arduous, risky and expensive route of returning 'home'.

• Like 1

Not often that I would point to Malaysia as a model of efficiency but its vaccine rollout has been among the best in the world (Sinovac efficacy aside).

Relies upon everyone registering on the national app (also used for venue scanning) and you get notified of an appointment time at one of the many mass vaccination centres.

Currently 40% of the adult population has its first dose and of the elderly who took Sinovac most have had their second.

Recently they have moved to offering Pfizer as well as AZ. (To overcome AZ reluctance it was offered to everyone by means of on line registration of interest. Available doses were booked out within 48 hours. The interval between doses for AZ is 9 weeks.)

No distinction that I know of was made between Malaysians and foreigners.

Malaysia like most SEA nations was very late in ordering vaccines.

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In the last weeks I saw several opportunities especially for people over 70.

He could get vaccinated in Thailand if he wants to and if he follows the news.

I also know a couple of older people who complain they didn't get vaccinated until now. I sent them messages with details where they could register and get vaccinated.

And then when I ask them I get answer like: I only want xyz vaccine and not any other. Or: Maybe another day. Lots of excuses. Don't blame the Thai government when YOU don't take the opportunities which are offered to you.

You must be a youngster.....it is the right of old folks to complain....what else is there to do?

Don’t be so quick to name and blame.....roll on 2022....????????????????????

13 hours ago, riclag said:

May I suggest to contact the [Chinese] embassy here in Thailand, perhaps they could help in acquiring the vaccine of your choice or help to pay for the cost of travel to obtain it !

Good luck !

I expect a choice of one....

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I also know a couple of older people who complain they didn't get vaccinated until now. I sent them messages with details where they could register and get vaccinated.

And then when I ask them I get answer like: I only want xyz vaccine and not any other. Or: Maybe another day. Lots of excuses. Don't blame the Thai government when YOU don't take the opportunities which are offered to you.

Really?My mother in law got 2 shots with Sinovac in April and May now she is having a great time in hospital with covid 19.In my wife's company all staff (90 persons) are vaccinated with Sinovac.Since last weekend 6 person's caught covid 19, 4 at home quarantine,2 at hospital.Hmm and I blame the Thai government for that they know the Chinese junk is not working but just don't care, different priorities.Now you can say why the Norwegian is not looking for an AZ shot,well in Europe some countries stopped using AZ out of whatever reason,here in Thailand not enough AZ and on top not that easy to get an appointment,and  not possible to predict which vaccine you will receive.So,no reason to blame the Norwegian guy,but all reasons to blame Thai government

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

But then TIT and their vaccine rollout has not gone as they said it would.  In fact many have tried numerous times at hospitals all around Thailand only to be told Thai's only.  Then add in the vaccines given so tourism could be opened up.  Not only expats have been left behind but so have Thais.  You can see that any day with the photos from Bang Sue, and todays photos of them stacked like cordwood in Prachuap Khiri Khan trying to get in to be vaccinated.

He have been offered the same vaccines as Thais is offered, but said thank you, but NO!

Sinovac and Astrazenica is what they offered him. So go figure

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Unfortunately I can confirm other individuals not taking  opportunities that were there. Usual routine of conversation going round in circles and eventually going nowhere.

• Thanks 1

There may be a number of complicating factor here, in particular language skills. If he is not fluent in spoken or written English or Thai then following the news and using the various online registration systems will be infinitely more difficult. Not all septegenerians are keyboard demons anyway.

I have however a revolutionary idea - simple clean and brilliant. This gentleman belongs to a Norwegian Expat support group in Pattaya. Why don't a couple or more of those who hang out in that neck of the woods, and are clearly ;from their musings here more informed about and successful in these matters than this bunch of ageing Vikings, get together and help them. At the very least you might get a beer from them!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Well he suffers from vaccine snobbery which is entirely inappropriate and borderline deluded. The imperative is to get the available vaccine and make a selected choice later. I got zero sympathy for him or his story.

Learned a new term today "Vaccine Snobbery" so I had to look it up and found this article that ties it to a delay in the world opening up.

https://globetrender.com/2021/07/22/vaccine-snobbery-delay-reopening-international-travel/

• Like 1