Norwegian in infection chaos in Thailand: Must go to Norway for vaccination

snoop1130

As has been stated many times in these postings there are many ways you can get vaccinated here if you really apply yourself. Get working on it and you will succeed, and you won't have to fly anywhere. If you want things done in Thailand you have to be active, not passive.

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In the last weeks I saw several opportunities especially for people over 70.

He could get vaccinated in Thailand if he wants to and if he follows the news.

I also know a couple of older people who complain they didn't get vaccinated until now. I sent them messages with details where they could register and get vaccinated.

And then when I ask them I get answer like: I only want xyz vaccine and not any other. Or: Maybe another day. Lots of excuses. Don't blame the Thai government when YOU don't take the opportunities which are offered to you.

I wrote in this Forum that (aged 77) I went from the province where I live to Bang Sue Station and got an AZ jab on 8 July within one hour and without any need of paperwork except a passport to prove I was more than 75 /  this Norwegian could have hired a taxi for the whole day and drive up and down to Bang Sue Station ....and that would be much cheaper to flying back to Norway

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JudyB said:

I don't get why he 'has' to go to Norway. There are various options to be vaccinated here, especially at his age. Many governments are not vaccinating their own people abroad. As an 'elderly' Brit I have been vaccinated by the Thai government

Get fed up with smug vaccinated posters. Unless you are in the Bangkok catchment area or are registered at a sympathetic private hospital it is impossible to get vaccinated

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

To Dagbladet, he says the infection situation in the country is difficult and he calls it a bit insane that thousands of Scandinavians should fly up and down to get vaccinated.

More "insane" that he just don't stay home and follow sensible rules, and wait for a while, instead of travelling about 9,000 kilometers to Norway, where half of the population still waits for their turn in the vaccine roll-out; but perhaps he might presume that being foreign resident in LOS makes him a VVIP...????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, caughtintheact said:

If what I heard is correct, it is the manufacturers that do not want to deal with any entity but governments, because the fewer the number of parties involved, the faster the manufacturers can get on with their primary tasks... making and distributing the vaccines. So the real question may be whether or not the doctors understand that governments do not have much, if any, leverage, and even large hospital groups in one country would have no leverage in forcing the manufacturers to get involved in negotiating and writing hundreds of thousands of contracts (worldwide), which would slow things down distribution even more.  It is also critical that the vaccines be trackable as the more entitles involved the more chances for fraud, waste, and inaccurate data which could lead to bad medical policies and very bad health outcomes. In addition it does take time to make the vaccines, test and distribute them under strict controls, when the number of doses are likely to end up being 30 or 40 billion or more. 

Disagree. Pharma producers seem happy to have multiple contracts to sell other drugs to large hospital groups through medical supply agencies, which can even arrange special orders for critical drugs. The doctors know that.

56 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

They should stay there and make the nomine who owns their house very happy.

These millionaire Norwegians are terrible at increasing the house prices, especially in Hua Hin, making it hard for the local, like myself to be able to buy a nice beach property. 

Khun Knut, go back to your super safe country and stop moaning. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, khunPer said:

t; but perhaps he might presume that being foreign resident in LOS makes him a VVIP...????

They think their money can get them ahead of Thai people. My 80- year old parents in law are still waiting for a vaccine in Lopburi.  

Edited by Neeranam
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, shocky2012 said:

This is how a friend of mine passed away in April last year here in Chiang Mai. He was in his 50's and was planning to go back to his home country (Sweden). He has been living in Chiang Mai for the last 10 years or so and wanted to go back (I don't know exactly the reason why) for a few weeks and then comeback here.

A week after he arrived in Sweden he started getting sick (fever, coughing, etc...). He got put on a ventilator a few days after as his health quickly deteriorated. He died 2 days after. We have no idea if he caught it on the plane or shortly after his arrival in Sweden or who knows maybe even in Thailand on his way to the airport...

I was a bit skeptical at the beginning but after losing him it really opened my eyes about this horrible virus. Despite his age and the fact that he was smoking he seemed in good shape and was regularly playing golf and seemed active.

As someone above mentionned - if you are at risk and really can't have the vaccine yet it's better to just stay at home and use the available online ressources (Grab, Lineman, etc...) to get what you need.

It's insanity to fly half around the world at this time if you're at risk IMO.

Sorry about your friend. From the timing it looks like either the plane or in Sweden, which did not lock down then.

51 minutes ago, shocky2012 said:

Despite his age and the fact that he was smoking he seemed in good shape and was regularly playing golf and seemed active.

Smokers beware, this does seem to put one at high risk. Many of my friends have died in their 50's in Bangkok, due to their lifestyle.

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Smokers beware, this does seem to put one at high risk. Many of my friends have died in their 50's in Bangkok, due to their lifestyle.

I bet they weren't TT tho'.

"Rental car airport to airport, or hire an driver! Case closed. "

So you know my life and circumstance?

1. I do not have a Thai Drivers license and have never driven in Thailand

2. Hertz Thailand wants a minimum 3 day rental if I want to drop the car off at BKK

3. I have contacted a couple of people about being driven to BKK from CNX and they are hesitant because of the possibility of having to quarantine upon returning to CNX.  Also, the price seems to get higher when the  quarantine subject is mentioned.  At this point the price that is being floated around is 10,000 Baht++.  My one way airline ticket from CNX to BKK was 900 Baht(of course this is worthless because of the domestic flight ban)

Now MY CASE IS CLOSED.  PERIOD.

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Disagree. Pharma producers seem happy to have multiple contracts to sell other drugs to large hospital groups through medical supply agencies, which can even arrange special orders for critical drugs. The doctors know that.

No one is disputing that they sell other drugs directly to hospitals.  I am saying that under these circumstances it appears that they are only selling to governments and provided a rational why they might be doing that. as well as why they may have good reason to do so.  If you know any doctors that are trying to get distribution direct to hospitals and are unsuccessful, ask them what responses they are getting.  Perhaps some time in the future if/when things settle down a bit the manufacturers will make direct contracts with medical facilities, but trying to make hundreds of thousands of contracts in a very short time makes no sense when the goal is to get the vaccines out as soon as possible. 

Wife and I have appointment 8 July at Universitet hospital here in Bang Saen, But that was cancel.
The Wednesday my wife see that the hospital have put out on the internet,

That everyone that have there appointment cancel.
Can come and get the Astra Vaccine, So we rush to the hospital.

2 hours later we left the  hospital, I am in my early 50 (if that matter), And our queue number was 703 -704.
And when we left, we can hear over the speaker that it was close for that day, And ask people to return next day.
I did NOT see any other foreigner there in the 2 hours we was there.

Kindly

17 minutes ago, caughtintheact said:

No one is disputing that they sell other drugs directly to hospitals.  I am saying that under these circumstances it appears that they are only selling to governments and provided a rational why they might be doing that. as well as why they may have good reason to do so.  If you know any doctors that are trying to get distribution direct to hospitals and are unsuccessful, ask them what responses they are getting.  Perhaps some time in the future if/when things settle down a bit the manufacturers will make direct contracts with medical facilities, but trying to make hundreds of thousands of contracts in a very short time makes no sense when the goal is to get the vaccines out as soon as possible. 

Docs already petitioned. 

It appears to me that those in Bangkok or near can get vaccinated.  I registered at the Government Hospital in Nong Khai and was given a date and time for an AstraZeneca vaccine.  I went in early and had no problem except they did not have any AstraZeneca.  Had the Chinese but I declined as they are re-vaccinating medical personnel who took that because apparently it does not work too well.

I have another appointment next week but there are no vaccines at all available in Nong Khai now.  I hope that they will finally get some.

I have also paid for a vaccine with the Bangkok Hospital in Udon Thani but it looks like the government has not ordered the vaccine for the Private Hospitals.  When the situation on entering Thailand has improved and if I have not been vaccinated by then I will consider a trip to the US.

No I am not happy with the actions or results produced by the Thailand Government.

6 minutes ago, HappyinNE said:

It appears to me that those in Bangkok or near can get vaccinated.  I registered at the Government Hospital in Nong Khai and was given a date and time for an AstraZeneca vaccine.  I went in early and had no problem except they did not have any AstraZeneca.  Had the Chinese but I declined as they are re-vaccinating medical personnel who took that because apparently it does not work too well.

I have another appointment next week but there are no vaccines at all available in Nong Khai now.  I hope that they will finally get some.

I have also paid for a vaccine with the Bangkok Hospital in Udon Thani but it looks like the government has not ordered the vaccine for the Private Hospitals.  When the situation on entering Thailand has improved and if I have not been vaccinated by then I will consider a trip to the US.

No I am not happy with the actions or results produced by the Thailand Government.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Sinovac is could save your life. 

If comparing today's Covid-statistics between Norway and Thailand, I wouldn't dare the risk to go there, but rather stay in "safe" Thailand...

Norway...

total cases per 1 million: 25,146

deaths per 1 million: 146

active cases adjusted to per 1 million: 8,728

vs.

Thailand...

total cases per 1 million: 8,534

deaths per 1 million: 69

active cases adjusted to per 1 million: 2,864

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I went ireland in may, since have been pfizer jabbed almost normalized open would not want 2 b in thailand now off to lanszarote next month for 6

Fair play to him for most it hard to leave especially if you sold up in your home country or have commitments.

I wonldnt have taken a sinovac or trust a public jab they are spreader events in themselves from photos i have seen, compared to here where the vax centres are organised and professional

12 minutes ago, khunPer said:

If comparing today's Covid-statistics between Norway and Thailand, I wouldn't dare the risk to go there, but rather stay in "safe" Thailand...

Norway...

total cases per 1 million: 25,146

deaths per 1 million: 146

active cases adjusted to per 1 million: 8,728

vs.

Thailand...

total cases per 1 million: 8,534

deaths per 1 million: 69

active cases adjusted to per 1 million: 2,864

Spot on but who believes Thailand's numbers and the bungling crew incharge ur havin a laugh

4 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

Please post this valuable information so everyone can benefit.  A day long trip to Bangkok from Bang Sare is not in the cards for me.  Many have tried and failed.

How far is that, I would have thought a couple of hours each way at most?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, caughtintheact said:

Fine, although I will be very surprised if they are successful as every other country also has continuing needs needs for the vaccines. 

Many have, yes. But not the point here.

37 minutes ago, tomyami said:

Spot on but who believes Thailand's numbers and the bungling crew incharge ur havin a laugh

If the number of real Covic-sick were way higher then the official numbers, hospitals would long ago have been overloaded with serious ill patients, which however not seems to be the case. I've been visiting three hospitals during the pandemic, one of them monthly, they have so far not been busy at all. But there could well be asymptomatic cases that are not found, due to no sickness and low number of tests...????

I’m a Brit had my AZ on July 9th only because I’m living in a sandbox area where 70% of us had to be vaccinated however my 2 vaccine is due on 2nd October I will be amazed if it happens as it seems vaccines are in very short supply even though certain countries have shown there kindness in donating vaccines 

22 hours ago, sucit said:

It’s all absolute insanity. The stuff we are doing is the equivalent of the crazy person freaking out and screaming in public. It’s just all of us. 

Think about it. The guy is getting on planes, and into confined spaces like taxis, going through screenings with people around, all to save himself from a virus. I am criticizing the system not him. Anyone over a certain age should have easy access to the vaccines. I don’t care what passport you hold. 

Best stay where he is, big problem to get back to Thailand, insurance big headache at his age 20000 NZ, per year from cigma.