New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

6 minutes ago, flexomike said:

The news comes as the Prime Minister on Friday confirmed that some of the Pfizer vaccines recently donated by the United States will be given to foreigners in Thailand.

yes, but the previous promise of 20% (ie 300k doses), later changed to 10% (so 150k odses), now has evaporated and those 150k will be given to many different groups, even those thai travelling abroad. So now nobody states clearly, how many expected to genuine expats (not bogus and rich thai holding multiple passports. It well might be just in thousands, a token. 

One can suspect, a large part will go to army, police, civil servants - they were getting ready for mRNA for long. Many of them grabbed at early opportunity only sinovac, which turned up no so good for delta.

The army even boldly requested 1mln moderna ordered to the Red Cross, to be transferred to their disposition 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I had that issue too, it would not accept 2 separate files, and frankly I couldn't be bothered creating a 2 page pdf or album single file with both enclosed, so they just got the passport. If they want the 2 items it should be possible to include or download 2 files. Didn't have your other issues though and actually thought things worked quite well at such short time. Let us hope it goes further.....

I had the same problem with two files, so solution is to select both files (hold down ctrl key) and drag and drop both at same time.

I successfully registered yesterday afternoon.  We’ll see what is offered when my vac day comes.  For the Delta variant (now over 70% of new cases) I cannot find any studies that show any efficacy for the SinoVac.  Nor could I find any studies of SinoVac doses into people over 60.

if anyone can contradict this—please do.

Good luck to us all.

On 8/1/2021 at 9:20 AM, djayz said:

I can see the headlines at about midday today: New site has been taken offline (or something to that effect). 

I for one won't be holding my breath... 

The COVID-19 Vaccine will be available by the time COVID-28 comes around.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

I successfully registered yesterday afternoon.  We’ll see what is offered when my vac day comes.  For the Delta variant (now over 70% of new cases) I cannot find any studies that show any efficacy for the SinoVac.  Nor could I find any studies of SinoVac doses into people over 60.

if anyone can contradict this—please do.

Good luck to us all.

sinovac was approved for over 60 in indonesia sometimes in March. Followed by same in Thailand in April. So probably about that time there were studies, observations.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, barefootbangkok said:

Although previous efforts to register foreign residents in Thailand have not been very successful, doesn't it make sense to encourage the efforts made rather to make sarcastic and insulting put downs?  Obviously some Thais want to get registration for us accomplished.  Unfortunately tech knowledge in Thailand isn't the best but the question is, do we want these well intentioned Thais to stop trying?

maybe they should stop leaking data from their servers.

Some 24k patient files were not protected for over 40 minutes.

And read all the 16 pages about registration process. Some gave up on it entirely.

And still not much came up from those successfully registering - no any details whatsoever, as you would expect from a well conducted registration

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

And as for location will they add a filter that shows 'too far from Bangkok, and only a handful of foreigners' so let's ignore them for now.

I hate being negative but as someone who spent their whole life project managing IT systems, now I just shake my head.

Some of this Pfizer is earmarked as a booster for medical staff so even if there are only a few foreigners in an area it “shouldn’t “ be a problem to add a few more doses when they do your local hospital staff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

mfd101,  do you know if thai's can get the vaccine in Bangkok ? at a hospital somewhere and pay for it ? did the b/f find anything out .. ?    thanks. i'm checking for my thai friend. 

Haven't a clue (other than to note from Bang Sue reports some elderly falangs had their accompanying Thai helper/partner also jabbed).

I'm not expecting that here in Prasat but have alreaady said to b/f that, when we go along for mine, we'll inquire about one for him too. You never know your luck.

Then there's the whole extended family wringing their hands in Phanom Dong Rak & unable to take action on taking action ... the fate of the poor everywhere in the world.

• Like 1

I kept getting the "email already taken" messages yesterday and gave up. This morning 3 different e-mail addresses all had responses inviting me to register. So I did on 2 of them and in both cases registration successful. Couldn't be arsed to do it a 3rd time. 

Meanwhile on the news this morning all 18 vax centres in Bkk closed and appointments cancelled due to lack of vaccines. You couldn't invent this level of stupidity and outright criminal incompetence for a movie - no one would believe it.

We are going to try Bang Sue tomorrow (Tuesday) am as based on my age (75), weight (100kg) etc should qualify IF the got any vaccines left.

Did anyone see that pink pig in a tutu go flying past earlier?

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/1/2021 at 8:43 AM, cyril sneer said:

is this for Sinovac?

No idea what I'll get or where I'll get it, I registered this morning 02/Aug.
Had an instant reply saying it was successful, and will receive an appointment via email sometime in the future.

I did notice that it asked for a photo of passport and visa... it would only upload one photo?

So it got my visa page... hope that was okay.

27 minutes ago, pontious said:

Can a Thai wife register using there foreign passport.?

The first question is to select the type of foreigner ....migrant worker, or on a non O visa. So unless she is a naturalised foreigner and here on a non O visa (and why would any Thai do that), the answer would be no.

Edited by MikeN
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, internationalism said:

sinovac was approved for over 60 in indonesia sometimes in March. Followed by same in Thailand in April. So probably about that time there were studies, observations.

The only detailed SinoVac studies I found used the original virus—not the Delta.  Indonesia will switch to Pfizer—once they finish up thei supply of SinoVac.

On 8/1/2021 at 7:50 AM, SooKee said:

Hopefully coded by someone who's qualifications in app design don't amount to only having read the first chapter of 'Websites for Dummies'.

the "dummies" series are extremely good to get someone instantly going btw, not sure if you've ever read one

I just registered and no problems, this is the fifth time of registering on different sites.

But just reading the grammar on this site, gives me the impression that this has been set up with the help of foreign embassies. I would prefer the Astrazeneca vaccine.

But living up in the north east, i fear of being one of the guinea pigs for sinivac