Restaurants at malls not allowed to sell takeaways directly to customers

webfact

And even more idiotic when this rule applies to "open air"... malls.

For instance : Villa Market (Ratchayotin) or Villa Market (BTS Ari)... By law, it is considered "shopping malls"... but actually it's "open air"... Many restaurants/cafés, but they're not in a enclosed space.

Anyway. We are loosing the plot here with such tiny details.

What really matters is... the alcohol ban. ????

Covid is defeated. Virtue is saved. Everything is okay.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, newnative said:

I could buy a hammer but not a television.  Paint but not patio furniture.

Makes perfect sense.  People sit close together to watch television and sitting on patio furniture.  Hammering and painting aren't usually communal activities.

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Another idiotic lockdown rule.  Add that to my experience at Home Pro yesterday.  Parts of the store were open and other parts were roped off.  Where is the sense in that?  I could buy a hammer but not a television.  Paint but not patio furniture.  Madness.  With parts of the store roped off it just herded all the customers closer together.  

You make them sound like sheeple who would congregate nevertheless.... up to you if you get too close to someone. I would expect fewer customers in there to alleviate the issue.... I really don't know why those in need of a TV would go there and look at hammers!

43 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

So less money for the restaurant because they have to use a delivery service?

Yep spreading the wealth so the government does not need to pay any money out of pocket themselves. Interesting times we live in.

18 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You make them sound like sheeple who would congregate nevertheless.... up to you if you get too close to someone. I would expect fewer customers in there to alleviate the issue.... I really don't know why those in need of a TV would go there and look at hammers!

My partner and I are doing a house renovation so we are often buying all sorts of things--at the same time--when we go to Home Pro--everything from paint, to tiles, to bath fixtures, to tools, to electronics, to appliances, to lighting, to patio furniture, to . . .    That's the point of places like Home Pro--one-stop shopping for everything you need for your home.  

Another pristine example of how to overkill dying businesses with yet more governmental bureaucratic measures.

The food sold in those malls is, in many cases, cheap as chips already and the delivery companies bite their 30% take into the revenue - go figure! 

Just got back from the small mall across from my condo, and although quite a few restaurants and coffee shops were closed completely, places like KFC, Dean & Deluca, a salad shop and a number of Japanese and Italian restaurants were serving walk-in take-out customers.  I bought a decent chicken and cheese ciabatta and took it home for lunch.  Seems like it will be another unenforced restriction.

38 minutes ago, newnative said:

My partner and I are doing a house renovation so we are often buying all sorts of things--at the same time--when we go to Home Pro--everything from paint, to tiles, to bath fixtures, to tools, to electronics, to appliances, to lighting, to patio furniture, to . . .    That's the point of places like Home Pro--one-stop shopping for everything you need for your home.  

You won't be looking for TVs yet then.....

It would be completely unreasonable to allow Homepro to be fully open selling TVs and such, while forcing Numchai to remain closed. 

Of course, additional wealth is skimmed from a public becoming poorer daily due to inflated prices, and deposited into the revenue streams of billion dollar corporate delivery services as the life is stamped out of small business owners, restaurateurs, and vendors.  I don't believe in coincidences.  The government war on small business started over 5 years ago.  Since usurping complete 'emergency powers' in the name of Covid they now proceed to drive the last nails into these peoples coffins.

Wait unit they go after small rural farmers they same way while diverting the means of their meager existence into the coffers of large corporate Big Agriculture interests.
I wonder if that would be the straw that breaks the buffalo's back?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
-Orwell

39 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Just got back from the small mall across from my condo, and although quite a few restaurants and coffee shops were closed completely, places like KFC, Dean & Deluca, a salad shop and a number of Japanese and Italian restaurants were serving walk-in take-out customers.  I bought a decent chicken and cheese ciabatta and took it home for lunch.  Seems like it will be another unenforced restriction.

Corporate stores - essential
Small business - nonessential

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

You won't be looking for TVs yet then.....

It would be completely unreasonable to allow Homepro to be fully open selling TVs and such, while forcing Numchai to remain closed. 

Actually, when you are doing a condo or house renovation, you don't always buy things according to a set schedule--or at least my partner and I don't.  We are always looking for the best product at the best price and that can mean looking ahead and sometimes buying something months before we will be needing it. 

We started the renovation in March.  In April, during a shopping visit to Boonthavorn for a kitchen sink and some appliances, we checked their Lifestyle furniture selection and we saw a chair and a sofa we liked, both on sale.  The sofa was a discontinued item which likely would not be available later.   We ordered both--and they will be finally delivered this Friday now that we are about done and ready for them.   I think some branches of Numchai are still open but it's sort of beside the point.  Once you allow some types of stores to remain open it doesn't make much sense to me to restrict certain merchandise--the shopper is already there.  

1 minute ago, newnative said:

Once you allow some types of stores to remain open it doesn't make much sense to me to restrict certain merchandise--the shopper is already there.  

Perhaps the mistake is Homepro being open at all, but as a hardware supplier, it is requirement of construction, which must continue. I have no problem with them closing off the TV and white goods sections, they are usually not even part of the Homepro brand.... I would prefer Numchai was open too. 

2 hours ago, ArcticFox said:

Corporate stores - essential
Small business - nonessential

Corporate eateries - better financed & able to keep staff and keep open

Small restaurants - mum & pop with limited cash can’t hire and have to close

13 hours ago, Caldera said:

It's an idiotic rule when looked at in context. I can walk to my nearby Burger King for takeaway, because it's a standalone restaurant. I cannot walk to my nearby McDonald's for takeaway, because it happens to be inside a shopping center. They're about the same size, so could offer the same space to waiting customers.

I don't mind using delivery services and do so quite often, but going on a walk once per day and picking up supplies along the way is good for me.

Let's keep in mind that obesity is the number one killer when it comes to serious cases of Covid. We really don't need even more lazy arsed people relying on food deliveries, when they could easily walk to a nearby shop.

I agree!  

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/848957/heart-disease-high-blood-pressure-fat-obesity

However, judging people on their size is not always an accurate way to determine health.

A growing number of people who seem as they they are a normal, healthy weight are carrying around dangerous amounts of hidden fat.

Doesn't mean a person who eats fast food is obese.  It is the potential to cause heart disease that is the real danger.  As the saying goes "You can not judge a book by it's cover"

very good points except the last one which is factually incorrect.

I've checked my dictionary and I can confirm that it is as it says on the cover, a dictionary.

If there's any other facts you'd like checked let me know. ????

17 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

So less money for the restaurant because they have to use a delivery service?

taking the words out of my mouth.

less for restaurant and more for delivery platform ????????

6 hours ago, Oxx said:

Apart from the restaurants that have hiked their prices to cover the delivery platform's cut.

indeed, many places here offer for 55 THB online,
whereas the price on site is, or as the case may be was, 40-45 THB