Thailand reports daily record of over 20,000 COVID-19 infections

webfact

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Actually last year Thailand had to ban the exports of eggs to prevent shortages here.

In my area 7/11,s sold out of eggs.

My joint Oz, has panic buying always on toilet paper, here it seems more eggs and such.

Currently trying to work out what that tells us about the difference in cultures.

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Sorry to say, but private hospitals have started to send out cancellation notices to some people that had paid in advance for the Moderna vaccine. People have 7 days to claim a refund. But they add you can reserve a 2nd generation Moderna vaccine due in April 2022 #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1422764411651985410

Looks like the GF will have to wait for another 8 months to get her vaccination, not sure what do. She will not take sinovac or AZ.  

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Actually last year Thailand had to ban the exports of eggs to prevent shortages here.

For 1 week though, to cushion the effect of panic buying.

Thailand is a net exporter of food, shouldn't be a shortage overall, not saying supply lines may get stretched occasionally due to infections/isolating etc.

1 minute ago, sungod said:

For 1 week though, to cushion the effect of panic buying.

Thailand is a net exporter of food, shouldn't be a shortage overall, not saying supply lines may get stretched occasionally due to infections/isolating etc.

Last year was nothing compared to this year with the extended lockdowns and pandemic, watch this space............

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I also personally know at risk foreigners in Pattaya who have been vaccinated for free at the Bang Sue station last week. I

I had vaccine Bang Sue last week.

Next jab Oct 19. 

Your point. 

By the way. Check daily pictures. I wouldn't recommend it. Extremely crowded to the MAX.

IMG_20210727_154758.jpg

• Like 2

Bad news for people that paid for Moderna this year from Richard Barrow  Sorry to say, but private hospitals have started to send out cancellation notices to some people that had paid in advance for the Moderna vaccine. People have 7 days to claim a refund. But they add you can reserve a 2nd generation Moderna vaccine due in April 2022  

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

As I predicted last week 20,000 was coming. It didn't take much intellect. The question next is when will it hit 30,000? By the end of Next week or August?

Either way it isn't good for Thailand or the people.

August 18

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, anchadian said:

1,000 volunteers injected with the home-grown vaccine Nanocovax in third-phase trials have developed antibodies against COVID-19, according to a report by Nanogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology JSC, the vaccine producer.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/vietnams-home-grown-covid19-vaccine-shows-positive-results-in-third-phase-trials/

but is is any better than sinovac ?

4 minutes ago, sungod said:

Is he/she not allowed an opinion like everyone else on here?

That's not what the poster said. The poster was asking for links to verify some of the claims. The ones of us who post on subjects either are referencing another link previously posted or add our own link to support what we write, unless of course it's anecdotal in nature.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smedly said:

wow, talk about abuse - forcing people to continue working while putting themselves in danger just to keep the money flowing into greedy pockets

I know exactly what I'd be telling these s cum bags

Perhaps it is partially because many here were born "be" before entitlement and they know what having a job is all about. 

And the employers possibly are keen on having the money flowing so that they remain solvent and viable. 

28 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

What is it with people here posting about their 'predictions'?

They want a pat on the back or a lolly or something ?

Even the scientific experts’ in the UK who predicted an increase in infections once restrictions were

lifted are struggling to remove the egg off their face let alone the

mystic meg headline grabbers. 

31 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks like the GF will have to wait for another 8 months to get her vaccination, not sure what do. She will not take sinovac or AZ.  

Take what’s offered or wait. Seems an obvious choice. 

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I suspect that most of these new cases are in factories rather than in the general population, even though some of the factory workers live in the community.

I had a friend start work at a factory this week, and she had to take a rapid antigen test.

This is indeed what is happening. The rapid-Antigen testing is now deployed all over the industrial sector and all staff and contractors have to submit a test within the last 72 hours. The tests are throwing out positive results like a fire hose right now.

(A few of my own staff have tested positive, although no illness / symptoms).

This is what is driving these figures. If this continues, the lights might go out very shortly.

• Thanks 1