Arrest warrants served for illegally occupying Layan beach state land

snoop1130

1628593788_1-org.jpg

Cherng Talay OrBorTor Chief MaAnn Samran busy overseeing the COVID-19 ‘proactive screening’ mass testing in Cherng Talay yesterday (Aug 9). Photo: Cherng Talay OrBorTor

PHUKET: Two squatters refusing to vacate state land at Layan Beach have been served arrest warrants for refusing an order issued by a government official, MaAnn Samran, Chief of Cherng Talay Tambon Administrative Organisation (OrBorTor) has confirmed.

The warrants were served after the Cherng Talay OrBorTor petitioned the court late last month, Mr MaAnn told The Phuket News.

Mr MaAnn confirmed that arrest warrants were issued for three people, but he only spoke of two people who he named only as Mr Akkarachai and Mr Leechua. Both had ignored all official notices to vacate the land they were illegally occupying, despite the Supreme Court ruling last year that the land they were on belonged to the state.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/arrest-warrants-served-for-illegally-occupying-layan-beach-state-land-81005.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-08-10

1 hour ago, tracker1 said:

Does anyone know what happened to the court officials residences that were on protected land in Chiang Mai's Doi Suthep ? I do remember someone saying that they would be demolished and the forest reinstated !

I am guessing Nada

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I went past Layan beach yesterday.  Paul's restaurant still in full swing (guessing he is not one of those served a warrant) and various random ghetto shacks and vehicles dotted up the back of the beach reserve. Beach2 bar still operating in plain view (next to Paul's) and one or 2 beach bars trickling back further up.

Clearly Paul has the goods on fatty somehow.

• Like 2