New “Thaksin’s wave” peculiar in its timing

snoop1130

On 8/12/2021 at 12:17 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

I don't have one, except to point out that there were negatives as well as positives to the Thaksin era. And that their policy of trying to close down nightlife at midnight was lunacy. No holiday venue does that.

I would add that when Thaksin toured the new international airport he complained about so many signs being in English. He really didn't have a clue.

On 8/12/2021 at 5:53 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

And then there are others who seem to work for Thaksin's PR department.

Yes, we know you write he would have done everything better. But just because you write it doesn't mean it's true.

I'm no big fan of Thaksin, but I do note that all of the successful Asian economies were started on the road to success by a strong man who may have been corrupt, but at least they controlled the thievery so there was something left over to grow the economy.  When they left office (by whatever mechanism), their families were wealthy beyond reason.  But their countries were on the path to success.  Singapore, Korea, and Taiwan all come to mind.

I don't know if Thaksin's that guy.  But it's pretty apparent the current batch isn't.  And anyone expecting a white knight to get elected and clean it up is just fooling themselves.  Whoever it is will need to be ruthless, or they'll just be couped out of office- if they live long enough.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2021 at 1:26 AM, david555 said:

the ideal leader for Thailand is not born yet i fear ..... only he  T can count already on a winning majority at start ..... (the reason why the BKK Hiso plotted against him)..... say's enough  ????

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

When there is no good tunes left, they have to find a new song writer. 

On 8/13/2021 at 7:26 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

I would add that when Thaksin toured the new international airport he complained about so many signs being in English. He really didn't have a clue.

Many forget the delays and graft and mistakes made when that was being considered and constructed. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 8/11/2021 at 6:29 PM, david555 said:

yes those poor drugdealers ......, they never ruined someone's lives ...????

Hm,..most of them where innocent people been on the wrong place and wrong time,...or had a personal feud with some police people !? That would be settled by those police. There are numerous stories about how police men killed someone and put a gun in his hand (sometimes the same gun was used) (there are pictures of the same gun used in different cases) and putting drugs in there pockets or car,...etc... there is even a Hill tribe man that came out of a police precinct where he was  searched and nothing was found,...and once released he was killed on the road to his house by other police men and they found drugs and a gun in his possession...!??,....Or that young couple that suddenly started to renovate there house and bought a new car and visibly had a lot of money, raising suspicion and jealousy so much that the kamnan told police that they where drug dealers !!! The police without any inquiry just shot hem in there house !!! hoping to discover drugs !?,...A journalist found out that they had won the lottery and they kept it quiet for understandable reasons !!!!!!

There were so many flagrant cases of innocent people that never had anything with drugs been killed. !! The fact that the police could get a great part of there belongings as a reward helped most certainly in those innocent people been killed !!!

33 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Hm,..most of them where innocent people been on the wrong place and wrong time,...or had a personal feud with some police people !? That would be settled by those police. There are numerous stories about how police men killed someone and put a gun in his hand (sometimes the same gun was used) (there are pictures of the same gun used in different cases) and putting drugs in there pockets or car,...etc... there is even a Hill tribe man that came out of a police precinct where he was  searched and nothing was found,...and once released he was killed on the road to his house by other police men and they found drugs and a gun in his possession...!??,....Or that young couple that suddenly started to renovate there house and bought a new car and visibly had a lot of money, raising suspicion and jealousy so much that the kamnan told police that they where drug dealers !!! The police without any inquiry just shot hem in there house !!! hoping to discover drugs !?,...A journalist found out that they had won the lottery and they kept it quiet for understandable reasons !!!!!!

There were so many flagrant cases of innocent people that never had anything with drugs been killed. !! The fact that the police could get a great part of there belongings as a reward helped most certainly in those innocent people been killed !!!

Waw you ended so quick by referring ...nothing more .....

Let me guess ...you sure dont like T...????

Good enough.. as the overwhelming "like" reply's leave the not likers in a misarable low number ....even i was surprised so many prefer T... i thought me to be only one of a few....????

6 People Who Killed Ninoy Aquino, According to Conspiracy Theorists

1597902375-screen-shot-2016-08-19-at-7.59.18-pm.png

Popular Filipino politician Benigno Acquino pictured at Manila Airport during his triumphant return to the Philippines on 2 August 1983 after three years of political self-exile. Like Thaksin he hoped to make a political comeback, taking advantage of Marcos' illness and weaking ;political position, but Marcos had other ideas.

Edited by Dogmatix

I mean who doesn't want this military to GTFO?!

But in all seriousness, Myanmmar, aspects of Thailand, and Cambodia all are in the pockets of China. India and Vietnam are keys to promoting democracy within Thailand alongside the CIA.

On 8/11/2021 at 3:28 PM, Nickelbeer said:

Thaksin was far superior to any government since. All charges should be dropped and he should come back and run again. He would win by a landslide.

If only he could keep his fingers out of the till.

On 8/13/2021 at 5:26 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Perhaps this notion was his way to suggest that Swampy, and Thailand, should be more of the Sino-friendly side.