Thailand’s national police chief is worth 104 million baht

webfact

8 minutes ago, Pharoticus said:

Good post. And very true.

This is why I quit Thailand at the very beginning of 2020. I just grew to hate the place. 

I moved away after having lived there for over 20 years, and these days miss absolutely nothing about it. 

I pity expats who are still here. Thailand is a lousy option for retirees.  

How do the Hi-so's affect you ? Their corruption has no affect on you what so ever.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, PAULPACKAGE said:

Did you, sorry, I'm half thinking about the poverty and the people, n half angry about how greedy and fake care top officials have, I ended up replying before thinking, ????, it just boils my <deleted>, when leaders of many countrys are ending up muliti millionaires, in jobs supposed to be helping the people,, Ex PM of UK David Cameron, just been found out pocketing, upto £10 million pound,, from lobbying, jobs for mates, when in government ???????? when I'm in that much debt I wish I was taller lol

No problem. I know that I am always very close to make believe in contrast to sarcasm and irony. However, I have no problem with people having money if they really worked themselves up. Many times that is not the case here, though. Not that I know if he is dirty or not, but one must assume that is the case. Just based on that all that can take as much as they can in this country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

You so naive, there will be no audit . He is not from some farmers family and his wife neither . Both come from prominent families, have 5-10 times more than they have declared . Money is hidden away under brothers , sisters, cousins , shelve companies and offshore accounts. 

his position cost him 10-20 times his salary , rest assured he had a lot more to be able to pay.

When Phuket or Pattaya police gets a new chief, most bars get raided within 3 months.

and position of station chief in Pattaya or Phuket is a lot cheaper than the chief of police.

108 million is what he made back in the first few months on the job????

You sound like very initiated. Are you perhaps the accountant?

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mike k said:

There are politicians in the US whose incomes don't match their worth 

True.

I think every country has corrupt politicians.  Inevitable.

But Thailand has a pandemic of corrupt and unscrupulous politicians.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

You sound like very initiated. Are you perhaps the accountant?

Side effects of being able to read and not wearing glasses. Keep taking the meds and eventually you should be able to see

28 minutes ago, PAULPACKAGE said:

Wish somone could find out how much wealth and assets he had, b4 the coup or b4 he PM

I just told you, from memory 180 million, this is what he declared before he officially became the PM after or before the elections

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAULPACKAGE said:

180million baht WOW, 

Do you think that he has built this wealth up since becoming PM? 

Like I said before, I would be nice to know how much wealth he had, in total, before he bacame PM????????????

why you so interested? sizing up his daughters for marriage? 

1 hour ago, PAULPACKAGE said:

180million baht WOW, 

Do you think that he has built this wealth up since becoming PM? 

Like I said before, I would be nice to know how much wealth he had, in total, before he bacame PM????????????

I've been told that some wealth may originate from the time of theed Kmher.... Well It's only what people say. Could it be true?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_Infantry_Regiment_(Thailand)

2 minutes ago, jcmj said:

Very sad for most of the other policemen who have to use their own vehicle and buy a gun if they want one and have a very small salary. No wonder they accept tips. ????

having a mia noi is not cheap either

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thwo said:

I guess he has a lot more than this just as ALL of these lucky important people who are are usually as smart as a squirrel.

Squirrels are pretty clever at hiding acorns for later retrieval.  In fact, if they think they're being watched, they will fake burying a nut then hide it elsewhere.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pharoticus said:

Good post. And very true.

This is why I quit Thailand at the very beginning of 2020. I just grew to hate the place. 

I moved away after having lived there for over 20 years, and these days miss absolutely nothing about it. 

I pity expats who are still here. Thailand is a lousy option for retirees.  

Like Pharoticus, I got my family out in 2013 after I'd lived in LOS for more than 20 years, when I saw the writing on the wall. On the topic at hand - what's the big deal ? That 104 million baht is only a bit over $4 mil AUD - hardly a fortune, even by Thai standards. I've accumulated almost that much in my lifetime, all of it legally. As others have said, he probably never declared it all anyway - who would in LOS ? He's small fry. House/land prices are so bad here in Oz, that my modest 3 bedroom 100 y.o. shack on 10 acres cost me over twenty million baht. By comparison, the two storey place I sold in C Mai was three times as big, but only cost 1.5 mil baht. It is all relative, but, you can breath the air here.

So what? Who cares? Thailand is corrupt top to bottom. The military has been able to keep the worst of the corruption in check. 

If the General goes, Katy bar the door...

Remember what is was like with Yingluck? Remember anarchy? Remember incompetence at a nationwide scale? That's the alternative. That's it! This Thailand democracy movement is incapable of governing. Thailand will chew up and spit out any politician from the democracy movement. 

I support Prayut. If he goes (he's not going anywhere) we return to the incredible corruption and chaos that was LOS before he took over. 

I'm a liberal democrat in the US and a dictator supporter in LOS. 

• Sad 1