Poll: Naughty Walking Street R.I.P.?

Jingthing

Walking Street's Future  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, bbko said:

It's going to take a lot more than a 4-5 year pandemic to wipe out the oldest profession on earth.

It will still be there but not in your face, just as well if the cruise liner pier gets built, 2000 men with there wives in Pattaya for 24 hours not good for anyone. 

15 minutes ago, Almer said:

It will still be there but not in your face, just as well if the cruise liner pier gets built, 2000 men with there wives in Pattaya for 24 hours not good for anyone. 

Cruises go to Phuket.....They never have and never will come to Pattaya...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I guess you missed the video someone posted of the QE2 stopping in Pattaya years ago. Pre-covid, there was a cruise ship that docked at Laem Chabang.

12 hours ago, jackinthebox said:

Walking Street will probably be more a "family entertainment venue" with Cabarets and some Shows. The "fleshpot nightlife zone" will move (back) to Soi Buagkaow or "Third Road. "

Makes sense.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Think......

How will there be future Hi-so seaside dining if they chop all the ends of the buildings off? And whos going to pay for the chopping?

Walking street is the most famous and successful landmark in Pattaya....And they will throw that away for shops selling luggage. T-shirts, and wooden elephants? Will Chinese tour groups get a thrill at gawking at shops selling selling luggage. T-shirts, and wooden elephants on their flag following tours?

Do you think it is a wise move to turn about the most famous street in Asia into a street selling luggage. T-shirts, and wooden elephants?

Of course not. But it could potentially be much better than that. Not saying it will be. But it could.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, aussienam said:

Walking Street was an outright ripoff anyway (LK Metro and other hyped up Sois were heading same way) IMO.  I don't think there's much sympathy for the types of business owners there who basically couldn't care less about ripping you off before COVID.  Unless you were rich, or fiscally reckless, it was too expensive for most punters.  So I couldn't care less what happens to the place.  

You should care a lot if you like nightlife.....Walking street was the hub of the wheel that all the less expensive spokes of the nightlife wheel radiated out from....It would be a HUGE blow to nightlife in general if it was gone....

• Like 2

I think more things will move to the "Dark Side".

To bad though as people flocked to Pattaya for the sleaze and lights.

Its fun.

Good food cheap hotels.

Its such a confusing time.

Whatever happens keep the craziness and sleaze factor.  That's what makes Pattaya,Pattaya.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

I think more things will move to the "Dark Side".

To bad though as people flocked to Pattaya for the sleaze and lights.

Its fun.

Good food cheap hotels.

Its such a confusing time.

Whatever happens keep the craziness and sleaze factor.  That's what makes Pattaya,Pattaya.

I just want to add that Khao San road was ruined by this government.

Although it wasn't my cup of tea.  The place was packed with people having fun and spending Trillions (TAT reference) of dollars.

Now it looks like a sanitized version of a bowling alley.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Did the tourists "kill" Walking Street, or did Walking Street suicide by high prices?  I suggest the latter, helped along by high rents.  

Will they turn the lights out on Walking Street, no.  Will bars and gogo's make money on Walking Street in the future, no.  Will Walking Street remain a tourist attraction, yes.

Walking Street will have more eateries for package holiday tourists, possibly some Chinese karaoke places as well.  

Walking Street just couldn't justify higher prices than western countries for a "product" that is available all over the city, and on apps.  It was on a steep decline pre covid.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Did the tourists "kill" Walking Street, or did Walking Street suicide by high prices?  I suggest the latter, helped along by high rents.  

Will they turn the lights out on Walking Street, no.  Will bars and gogo's make money on Walking Street in the future, no.  Will Walking Street remain a tourist attraction, yes.

Walking Street will have more eateries for package holiday tourists, possibly some Chinese karaoke places as well.  

Walking Street just couldn't justify higher prices than western countries for a "product" that is available all over the city, and on apps.  It was on a steep decline pre covid.  

A bit unhumain calling it a "product , isn't it ? You do know these girls are humans as well right ?? 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Place was always packed before COVID-19.

Highest rents in all of Thailand, including Thong Lor.

I think Thailand and Pattaya been slowing down because people were tired of being ripped off.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

A bit unhumain calling it a "product , isn't it ? You do know these girls are humans as well right ?? 

Yes, I know there is a human story to prostitution in Thailand, but I wouldn't call it inhuman to call sex a product.  Granted, it's more a service, than a product, but same same. 

Do you think guys are going to Walking Street to buy expensive drinks, or to seek sex?  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Place was always packed before COVID-19.

If you mean package holiday tourists walking up and down Walking Street taking photos, yes, it was busy.  If you mean paying customers in the bars, gogo's, and nightclubs, I call BS.

Highest rents in all of Thailand, including Thong Lor.

Probably.  

What do you think gave rise to LK Metro, Soi Baukaew, and soon to be, Tree Town?  

I think Thailand and Pattaya been slowing down because people were tired of being ripped off.

How can Walking Street be rammed before covid but Thailand and Pattaya slowing down?  

Edited by Leaver
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I read today that Pattaya  governor wants to build a new port that will accept cruise ships, to fit in with the new family resort 

The false puritan leadership goon squad is hard at work trying to crush nightlife throughout the nation. That has never been in doubt. They enjoy the clubs, but of course in secret. Their PR is all about purity. And it could not possibly be more fraudulent. I wonder if Prayuth has ever experienced a moment of sincerity in this lifetime. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

If you mean package holiday tourists walking up and down Walking Street taking photos, yes, it was busy.  If you mean paying customers in the bars, gogo's, and nightclubs, I call BS.

Probably.  

What do you think gave rise to LK Metro, Soi Baukaew, and soon to be, Tree Town?  

How can Walking Street be rammed before covid but Thailand and Pattaya slowing down?  

Before COVID-19 Walking street was always crowded.

I only visited there when visitors came from out of town.

Maybe people that actually live in Pattaya can chime in.

But from my visits the place was always packed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Before COVID-19 Walking street was always crowded.

I only visited there when visitors came from out of town.

Maybe people that actually live in Pattaya can chime in.

But from my visits the place was always packed.

I agree, Walking Street was packed.  Were the bars, gogo's and nightclubs on Walking Street packed?  Did you go inside some of these establishments? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I agree, Walking Street was packed.  Were the bars, gogo's and nightclubs on Walking Street packed?  Did you go inside some of these establishments? 

Yes, thats where I met two of my wives.

When I lived there I preferred strolling Soi Bukhow or  even the Dark Side.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Walking street was the" place" to go.  Like Soi 6.

You don't go to Pattaya to see Soi 3 if you catch my drift.

While Pattaya slowed down in general, Walking street still had many visitors because of its infamousy.  Thus the high rents.

Anyway thats history.

"Visiting" is free.  Did you see any of these hoards of people spending money in businesses on Walking Street?  

• Sad 1