COVID-19: Thailand reports 22,086 new coronavirus cases, 217 more deaths

webfact

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Unfortunately, PCR tests in Chonburi are static, but case numbers are climbing. Right now, new cases are close to 50% of tests conducted.

Ominous.

Yet still, markets are crowded, people will not distance from me in shops (7/11 etc.) and I see crowds gathering outside banks and other services with apparent no cause for concern because... they are wearing masks?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Slightly off topic. When is meeting to discuss review of current restrictions.

Some suggest that certain mall shops may be opened up such as banks IT etc.

I'm a lockdown supporter, however find it difficult to actually know what the current rules entail. Couple of small examples.

Been going to big C regularly. That's ok.

Had various furniture items delivered and in some cases assembled by Homepro. OK? Not sure.

Had removalist come and take away some unwanted furniture? 

On Sunday have meeting on site to view realestate for sale. Necessary? Not really. 

Agree with folk suggesting why are Parks closed. Other similar ones seem strange.

Inter province travel is a joke. Daily first hand reports of seamless travel from red zone to another red zone and back.

This coming Monday https://twitter.com/The_PattayaNews/status/1426086716809515009

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I believe it is because the efforts to combat infection are mostly show and hot air. Certainly not as strict as they try to imply. An example being inter provincial travel, talk of road checks and requiring some certificate or reason for travel. Yet each day many here report driving to Bangkok and back without a single stop.... 

I just drove to Rayong and back without a stop.... to be served by a worker in a kiosk not wearing a mask.....

I agree.

It's too difficult for them to implement effective inter-provincial controls properly so they just won't bother.

The roadblocks set up on Sukhumvit in Banglamung, Pattaya lasted about two days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Ominous.

Yet still, markets are crowded, people will not distance from me in shops (7/11 etc.) and I see crowds gathering outside banks and other services with apparent no cause for concern because... they are wearing masks?

What you going to do...can't fix stupid. My Mrs up the folding steps yesterday messing about near the roof, with them only partially open and not in the locked position.... how many times does one have to tell a local...(each morning I believe, they only learn after a tragic incident).  At least they put their masks on in the 7-11, sometimes 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

24 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Unfortunately, PCR tests in Chonburi are static, but case numbers are climbing. Right now, new cases are close to 50% of tests conducted.

But what are conducted tests from ?  From high risk known to be exposed or what ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

What you going to do...can't fix stupid. My Mrs up the folding steps yesterday messing about near the roof, with them only partially open and not in the locked position.... how many times does one have to tell a local...(each morning I believe, they only learn after a tragic incident).  At least they put their masks on in the 7-11, sometimes 2.

Seems in BKK they always have their masks on in shops, no way you can get into a shop without a mask and temperature check.

I must say the people i run with, a younger crowd of SG people they seem to not party anymore because of the curfew. So it certainly does limit people in spreading. Its far from perfect but Thailand has never been able to really enforce the law. Too much work i guess. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It would seem that the powers that be are accepting that daily cases will rise to the 40,000s by early next month.  I can't see any of the partial lockdown restrictions being lifted before then. ????

Highly unlikely indeed, i think there will be months of lockdown to come unfortunately because of the lack of vaccines in the past.

19 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I can't see any of the partial lockdown restrictions being lifted before then.

Anyone's guess. I'm thinking they need to look at the banks as one example. Wouldn't be surprised if they opened up banks in shopping malls along with phone/IT shops.

Can't understand why parks are closed. 

21 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Court to hear case against Prayut for alleged mismanagement of Covid crisis

The Central Criminal Court for Corruption and Misconduct Cases on Friday accepted a lawsuit filed by Thai Sang Thai Party and the Lawyers Association of Thailand against Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha for alleged failure in managing the Covid-19 situation.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40004646

The ideology of judges is embedded in the pro-authoritarian elite network. Don’t expect this lawsuit to go anywhere. More court efforts will be spent on prosecuting the students at rapid pace. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

I'm at a loss to understand why the testing numbers are so low whilst the pandemic in Thailand is worsening at such an alarming rate. The neglect of responsibility seems almost wilful and those in charge must be held accountable.

I believe they've literally reached their capacity and have failed to increase it, yes willful neglect.

Its not going unnoticed by the rest of the world, even the Swiss donated over a million rapid tests as a hint.

• Like 2