Three million more doses of Sinovac vaccine arrive in Thailand from China

webfact

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

At that rate , they'll be looking at another 12-18 months for the full vaccine roll out. Not good for the people or the economy.

Unfortunately, you will have to add a roll out of mostly worthless vaccine as an addition to the mess.

• Like 1

Send it back!  If this Chinese <deleted> were any good, then why is the government wasting the decent Pfizer donated by the US giving boosters to medical workers?  Order better and more effective vaccines please.

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I am not sure. If you live here and you get SinoVac is this accepted in Europe or the USA as vaccination? 

Sinovac was tried extensively in Brazil and it failed. Europe and the USA do not need this trash. They have reliable vaccines. The villages in north Thailand are being offered Sinovac only for the first dose. God only knows what they will offer us for the second dose. The government has failed to protect the people. Too many brown envelopes. They have just placed another big order for Sinovac.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

So where's the other 13 mm doses of SV?

Continuing to use this vaccine, while at the same time saying that two doses of it are not good enough for medicos (who require a third shot booster), and talking up two-tone vaccinations (SV+AZ), seems like a doomed plan. The public will balk, and both vaccination and containment efforts will fail.

I'm not sure one could pick a worse path, but the regime amazes every day. Twice on Sundays.

This assumes the Chinese are not telling porkies.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Always be optimistic. According to your source it is like this below. I have to admit - that is better than nothing ????

"The Sinovac vaccine is recognised as valid proof of vaccination by these countries: Austria, Cyprus, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden" 

Little do they know that Sinovac is very weak. For these countries cheap is best. Why would they order Sinovac?

• Like 1

Just now, DonaldBattles said:

Little do they know that Sinovac is very weak. For these countries cheap is best. Why would they order Sinovac?

I do not believe it is the cheapest, AZ is being sold at cost. Might be more about availability.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

So where's the other 13 mm doses of SV?

Continuing to use this vaccine, while at the same time saying that two doses of it are not good enough for medicos (who require a third shot booster), and talking up two-tone vaccinations (SV+AZ), seems like a doomed plan. The public will balk, and both vaccination and containment efforts will fail.

I'm not sure one could pick a worse path, but the regime amazes every day. Twice on Sundays.

Such a twisted plan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonaldBattles said:

Where did the 2.5m doses of Pfizer vaccine  that was given by the USA go? They keep on ordering Sinovac which has a very low effectivity. Why not order from Europe or the USA?

Because, as this story indicates, the Sinovac is here, right now, when a vaccine is needed. You don't need to wait four or five months at the minimum for a delivery.

Many on this forum have dismissed and ridiculed Sinovac ever since its efficacy was first determined to be just above 50 percent. If that is the standard, why are you so enthusiastic about Pfizer against the Delta variant?  According to Reuters:

In a study of more than 50,000 patients in the Mayo Clinic Health System, researchers found the effectiveness of Moderna's vaccine against infection had dropped to 76% in July - when the Delta variant was predominant - from 86% in early 2021. Over the same period, the effectiveness of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine had fallen to 42% from 76%, researchers said.  https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/moderna-may-be-superior-pfizer-against-delta-breakthrough-odds-rise-with-time-2021-08-09/

By the self proclaimed standard of so many on this forum, wouldn't this news make Pfizer "rubbish?"  Clearly, Moderna should be the only choice.  And, btw, compare the 2.5 million doses of Pfizer the US gave to Thailand with the 5 million doses of Moderna they gave Vietnam.  I think there is a message there.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I do not believe it is the cheapest, AZ is being sold at cost. Might be more about availability.

Brown envelopes are a major reason for buying Sinovac.  I doubt that AZ is being manufactured for no profit. Why would they want to produce a quality vaccine in demand for no profit? For sure the AZ plant in Bangkok is not operating for cost only. They are selling to neighbor countries and not meeting the needs of Thailand. The PM has asked them to stop shipping overseas.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Always be optimistic. According to your source it is like this below. I have to admit - that is better than nothing ????

"The Sinovac vaccine is recognised as valid proof of vaccination by these countries: Austria, Cyprus, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden" 

So if i fly to Shiphol (The Netherlands) by Klm it is accepted ....and i can travell on to my country Belgium .....and they have to let me in on nationality status .....looks like a nice Sinovac-bypass ????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DonaldBattles said:

Why does the government keep buying Sinovac from China when they can get the good vaccine from the USA? 

That's because Pfizer is not as effective as initially reported  95% against infection (and not death).

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

I guess Thai people are starting to wonder why USA with its high vaccinated population are getting 100,000 - 150,000 daily new cases recently.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And Prayut wonders why people are out on the streets protesting...

not only is the inoculation programme abysmal, 24.55 million doses are of Sinovac which allegedly is not effective against the now nationwide dominant strain Delta.

Just what is the government doing?

Making (saving) sh!t loads of money

• Like 2

3 million MORE doses of SinoVac?

If I ran the Ministry of Health, here would be my ideas for SinoVac deployment:

1. Return to China for a full refund.

2. Relabel the vials Pfizer.

3. Tout it as an elixir—cure-all.

4. New flavor enhancer for som tam.

5. Vaccinate soy dogs.

6. Special fuel additive for the rocket festival.

7. Offer it to the expats in Isaan.

Edited by Isaan sailor
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, club said:

Sinovac vaccine works very good and is a registered vaccine at WHO! . Tell that to the healthcare workers ,government officials and anyone else that had 2 jabs of this stuff that now needs boosters.  https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/antibodies-sinovacs-covid-19-shot-fade-after-about-6-months-booster-helps-study-2021-07-26/   Sinovac works very well? Sounds like you are the one that has been brainwashed

By the same logic, Pfizer must ALSO be ineffective because Israel is calling for a booster shot when most of its population have been vaccinated.

Even the Israeli president is getting a booster shot when it is 'highly effective' as you claim.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

By the same logic, Pfizer must ALSO be ineffective because Israel is calling for a booster shot when most of its population have been vaccinated.

Even the president is getting a booster shot

Read the Reuters article I linked to above. It quotes a doctor as saying "a Moderna booster shot may be necessary soon for anyone who got the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines earlier this year." Moderna, not Pfizer, should be the booster. I hope everyone who paid for Moderna shots in October didn't back out of getting the shot because they got a free Pfizer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I hope everyone who paid for Moderna shots in October didn't back out of getting the shot because they got a free Pfizer.

I could be wrong but I believe there was a recent thread that Moderna is not expected until 2022.

Just now, bkk6060 said:

I could be wrong but I believe there was a recent thread that Moderna is not expected until 2022.

All the more reason for people to keep their Moderna reservation, even if they managed a Pfizer shot recently. They will probably need it as a booster in 2022 more than ever.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

American citizens can return to the U.S. unvaccinated. And they can return to Thailand unvaccinated.

If you plan to travel to a country other than your home country, then do your research. Worst case? You'll have to quarantine on arrival.

Worst case is you won't be allowed in....

• Like 1