Marriage extension under the table.

As far as I was aware, for many a year, I thought all under the table extensions were automatically based on 'Retirement'. I am now told that an under the table extension based on 'Marriage' is available. Is that true? And if so, is the price for either the same? I don't need one. I'm just trying to gain some knowledge. 

• Confused 3

55 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Reading between the lines, the objective is obtaining a long term (12 months) extension of stay for someone under 50 years of age. Anyone requiring such would be better contacting a visa agent directly not specifically mentioning marriage and see what the agent could suggest?

Under 50 ......agent would suggest obtain Non O (volunteering). Not cheap with the non O and 12 month extension approx 30k up.

Back to the OP, seems from other posts here that agent assisted extensions are possible for marriage. News to me.

Anyone 50+ .....agent would suggest (only offer) extension based on retirement.

Regarding extension marriage the financials are so much easier can't imagine need for agent

• Thanks 1

As @ubonjoe advised, an agent assisted extension based on marriage (without financial proof) is possible. However, it is much more expensive than a retirement extension. This is because the extension requires sign off at the Immigration Division headquarters as well as the cooperation of local immigration. The cost used to be about double, but @ubonjoe suggests that it could now be even more.

• Like 2

well you have 1457 posts and know about non-o visa agencies just now.. interesting.

yes you can use an agency starting from 25K to 30K up to your visa situation and some other things. 

mine charged me 29K for the first time and then 18 for the next. using them for 2 years now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It can be done for about 40k baht.

Try 20k for a joint bank account, 800000 total, for the bank deposit for one time transaction. 

If I can gain an under the table extension for marriage next year I will post again. 

Otherwise I am out of here. Will have to leave the wife and kids to the mercy of the Thai beloved Govt.

Edited by sherwood

2 hours ago, problemfarang said:

well you have 1457 posts and know about non-o visa agencies just now.. interesting.

yes you can use an agency starting from 25K to 30K up to your visa situation and some other things. 

mine charged me 29K for the first time and then 18 for the next. using them for 2 years now.

18k baht for a marriage extension is the cheapest I have heard of. Some are charged that much for retirement extensions which are far easier. You are very lucky. If you want to tell me via PM where the extension was actually processed I would be seriously interested.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Reading between the lines, the objective is obtaining a long term (12 months) extension of stay for someone under 50 years of age. Anyone requiring such would be better contacting a visa agent directly not specifically mentioning marriage and see what the agent could suggest?

Agent will want to talk to you in person usually when arranging such a Visa.

Theres plenty in Pattaya,Bangkok, Hua Hin.

You can see reviews of them in Google. I don't think we're alliwed to mention or recommend specific Visa Agents in the Asia Now forums.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

18k baht for a marriage extension is the cheapest I have heard of. Some are charged that much for retirement extensions which are far easier. You are very lucky. If you want to tell me via PM where the extension was actually processed I would be seriously interested.

i had already non-o visa. All i needed was to extend it. Went to khon kaen immigration and they didnt do my extension. My salary and everything was enough. But they didnt do it. I got angry and found this agency. 

First extension was 29K because im not american or european. anyway everything was great. Then extension end and i asked them again to do another  1year extension. I was preparing another 29K but she told me its my second time and it will be only 18K. 

I suggested them i think around 6 people by now from this form and they are all happy. Forget about that thaivisa agency. they are just trying to get as much as they can from you. I added their line id and now i cannot block or delete it too. They keep sending me idiotic messages every 2 days.. They are useless and really expensive. I asked them just to check and they told me it will be 30K to do my extension and i told them i already have non-o and extended... they told me still its 30K. well i just got my 2nd 1 year extension for 18K. I believe european and american nationality get for 15K 

If you are interested send me PM i will give you all details ????

good luck

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

i had already non-o visa. All i needed was to extend it. Went to khon kaen immigration and they didnt do my extension. My salary and everything was enough. But they didnt do it. I got angry and found this agency. 

First extension was 29K because im not american or european. anyway everything was great. Then extension end and i asked them again to do another  1year extension. I was preparing another 29K but she told me its my second time and it will be only 18K. 

Did your wife need to attend Immigration with you?

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

Did your wife need to attend Immigration with you?

of course. As i said when i went to khon kaen immigration everything was ready and im sure. She just didnt want to do it thats all. Actually her friend was kinda confused too why she didnt do it. She found a grammar mistake in one of the documents from my work. Like i said she just didnt want to do it. 

But if you are asking about the agency, of course no. all i did was giving to agency 2 or 3 copy of documents. that was all. My extension was ready ????

Edited by problemfarang

Please educate me. These are under the table extensions. When you obtain a visa under the table from an agent, are you engaging in an illegal activity, possibly facing legal consequences if the agent is exposed by a governement investigative? 

Edited by jingjai9
wrong form of investigation
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

Please educate me. These are under the table extensions. When you obtain a visa under the table from an agent, are you engaging in an illegal activity, possibly facing legal consequences if the agent is exposed by a governement investigative? 

Don't worry they sponsor this site everything is fine. Dr Jack knows

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

It may well be that the agent is making a fraudulent application, but the basic idea of using a third party is to provide both you and the immigration officials with plausible deniability. Your position is that you used an agent and assumed everything was done correctly. I will not say your risk is absolutely zero, but it is extremely low. Greasing the wheels of bureaucracy in this way is just part of the system here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Tookta said:

Yes you can my mate got his recently in Udon Thani

What exactly did the agent provide/assist your friend with in regards to extension based on marriage?

I mean...he still provided marriage certificate etc. What about home visit? 

Of course well known for extension (retirement). Pretty much all the agent does is to avoid requirement of money in bank (financials) 

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, jingjai9 said:

Every immigration office has delegated powers to vary requirements on a case by case basis. It is not illegal it's just the use of those delegated powers. That said the use of agents on marriage extensions is discouraged by agents because of referral by immigration to their HQ. I only used an agent on my first extension and have done it myself the last 8 times. It's not that difficult if you deal with the same office.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

That said the use of agents on marriage extensions is discouraged by agents because of referral by immigration to their HQ

Unless I've missed post in this thread, I have not read detailed list of what was done by agent and what actually was provided by client.

Obviously marriage certificate for one would need to be provided.

Extension based on retirement is a different fish. All that agent needs to cover/circumvent is money in bank requirement. Obviously client needs to be 50+.

I don't take much notice of ....."a friend of mine........"

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

It may well be that the agent is making a fraudulent application, but the basic idea of using a third party is to provide both you and the immigration officials with plausible deniability. Your position is that you used an agent and assumed everything was done correctly. I will not say your risk is absolutely zero, but it is extremely low. Greasing the wheels of bureaucracy in this way is just part of the system here.

Superb explanation BritTim!

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Unless I've missed post in this thread, I have not read detailed list of what was done by agent and what actually was provided by client.

Obviously marriage certificate for one would need to be provided.

Extension based on retirement is a different fish. All that agent needs to cover/circumvent is money in bank requirement. Obviously client needs to be 50+.

I don't take much notice of ....."a friend of mine........"

Me too DrJack54! That was why I suggested leaving all options open by asking an agent what was possible rather than specifically requesting a marriage extension. Things can change and what might have not been possible previously.............  

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

The agent only provides the financial proof required. It still requires all of the supporting documents to be supplied by the applicant.

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The agent only provides the financial proof required. It still requires all of the supporting documents to be supplied by the applicant.

My point exactly.

400k for 2 months in bank (+under consideration) then you can withdraw it. 

Don't imagine that this would be very common need for agent.

Would still like to hear from someone that has actually used agent for extension (marriage) just to explain to folk exactly what is required to supply. Clearly not the 400k. 

Wondering if all the other requirements are required such as photos etc etc.

I'm very naive regarding agent marriage extensions. I assume home visit not required. Also wonder where the extension is obtained. 

For example someone living in Bangkok that requires agent assisted extension (marriage) I can't see the agent using CW.

Edited by DrJack54