2/3 of COVID-19 Fatalities in Thailand Were Unvaccinated

Jonathan Fairfield

Interesting but it's still very early on for any kind of analysis on these numbers, especially with the large number of people who've received only one shot.

I suggest keeping an eye on countries like Israel to see what can be expected in the future, they used Pfizer instead of '<Deleted>' alongside AstraZeneca but it should lay out some kind of roadmap for the future.

The numbers coming out of Israel are not what they hoped for and third shots are being issued right now in what  I suspect will be a futile attempt to avoid fresh lockdowns as the hospitals again begin to get pretty busy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Half cocked information as usual, i.e. no ages of the deceased, no information if these people had underlying medical conditions or were obese, which brings me to the old saying, are we comparing apples with apples, obviously not IMO.

Where is my Pfizer or Moderna shot, this is not good.

The important information that are useful to the general public are the unvaccinated formed 2/3 of deaths and antibodies from vaccines increase over time. Take for instance, AZ can only be detected after 14 days and further increase over the next 2 weeks. We also know that covid deaths heightened for those who have underlying medical conditions. Why you think age and details of number of deaths with underlying medical conditions are important. I don’t get it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Half cocked information as usual, i.e. no ages of the deceased, no information if these people had underlying medical conditions or were obese, which brings me to the old saying, are we comparing apples with apples, obviously not IMO.

Where is my Pfizer or Moderna shot, this is not good.

Got a message yesterday to report to Samut Prakarn Hospital (government) on tuesday morning at 8:00, with passport, to recieve Pfizer vaccination.

This was from registering on the most recent "foreigner" sign-up site.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

Over 90% of deaths among unvaccinated in the US and others. Wonder why only 2/3 in Thailand?  Reportage?

The data is missing for a large % of the sample (about 25%). Their vaccination status is unknown. It makes me think those people have no family (homeless?) or little contact with their family. Or the data was not recorded for some reason. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, buick said:

there were two articles on this topic yesterday.  i posted about it in another thread.  both left out info.  there were 1,687 people who were 'vaccinated' and died.  now 'vaccinated' includes one dose in these articles.  and 460 of the deaths were in people jabbed with AZ.  but only 26 of those had both jabs.  so that leaves 1,227 deaths in those 'vaccinated' with sinovac.  it seems to me the main info that is left out is how many of those had one jab and how many had two.  millions of people have received sinovac so the number of deaths is still somewhat small in percentage terms.  but strange that they wouldn't give the same breakdown for sinovac that was given for AZ. 

Sinovac was not mentioned at all, but that does not mean those missing from the data set were vaccinated with sinovac. They could also be unvaccinated, or had one dose of sinovac. We don't know that information. And the 26 with both jabs of az - those were dying less than 2 weeks afer the second dose. At lwase 2 weeks is required for full protection, and some think that more than 2 weeks is required. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

CCSA assistant spokeswoman Dr Apisamai Srirangsan said on 20 August that, there were 4,656 COVID-19 fatalities nationwide between 25 July - 19 August. 63.8% of deaths had not been vaccinated.

I find this story complete tosh .

This means 37% of deaths had some sort of vaccination - yet no where near 37% of the population have not received doses. Which therefore means, as the vaccinated population is still relatively small, more vaccinated people are getting covid and dying per head count than unvaccinated !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mahtin said:

Got first AZ jab yesterday.

Jab 2 scheduled for October 22.

That's 8 weeks, not 10-12.

From Khon Kaen Bangkok Hospital at Central Plaza 5th floor.

This is not advocated in medical publications. 

For example the Vaccination Commission in Germany recommends, for AstraZeneca, as before, an interval of twelve weeks between the first and second vaccination. As the time until the second vaccination increases, the effectiveness of the vaccine increases, and thus the protection against infection with the coronavirus.

For AZ Studies have clearly shown that the effectiveness at an interval of less than six weeks is only 55 percent and only at an interval of twelve weeks is over 80 percent, "said Carsten Watzl, Secretary General of the German Society for Immunology, the German press Agency.

Edited by tomacht8

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I find this story complete tosh .

This means 37% of deaths had some sort of vaccination - yet no where near 37% of the population have not received doses. Which therefore means, as the vaccinated population is still relatively small, more vaccinated people are getting covid and dying per head count than unvaccinated !

yes it makes no sense - the article is published with an agenda as most of them are - this is more sininster than most

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

watch Dr John Campbell latest video on youtube - in fact his last two

very informative - he gathers various studies and sums them up in a way people can understand 

His latest is about 2 shots or plus a booster 3rd shot

Summary is that a booster shot may be counter productive as it is showing that 2x shots plus an actual infection is showing the best protection, the vaccines protect against one marker out of 25 - actual infection for those recovered are protected against all 25 markers of the virus, so the theory is it is best to either have the vaccine but also to have had a natural infection this then results in a much better protection than a booster 

watch the video 

That could be the case with most vaccines but for Sinovac? Not sure

19 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Sinovac was not mentioned at all, but that does not mean those missing from the data set were vaccinated with sinovac.

so you just have to fill in the blanks yourself - are you defending this medical publication ?

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

That could be the case with most vaccines but for Sinovac? Not sure

it is not arguing for or against various vaccines  but it explains very well the options going forward - the conclusion seems to be - better to have been infected with covid and recovered or vaccinated and infected and recovered than to get a booster 3rd dose for maximum protection going forward

• Like 1

Just now, smedly said:

it is not arguing for or against various vaccines  but it explains very well the options going forward - the conclusion seems to be - better to have been infected with covid and recovered or vaccinated and infected and recovered than to get a booster 3rd dose for maximum protection going forward

Yea I get that, I've seen the vid and saw the previous one some weeks ago when you mentioned it, they are very good, its just that I have my doubts Sinovac would qualify as not needing a booster.

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Interesting but it's still very early on for any kind of analysis on these numbers, especially with the large number of people who've received only one shot.

I suggest keeping an eye on countries like Israel to see what can be expected in the future, they used Pfizer instead of 'Chinese garbage' alongside AstraZeneca but it should lay out some kind of roadmap for the future.

The numbers coming out of Israel are not what they hoped for and third shots are being issued right now in what  I suspect will be a futile attempt to avoid fresh lockdowns as the hospitals again begin to get pretty busy.

AZ and Pfizer seem to have different profiles over time (again watch Dr John Campbell video from 2 days ago), Pfizer seems to act much faster than AZ and then AZ catches up over time

Dr John Campbell looks at various studies from mainly US and UK and goes through their findings in a way I/we can understand - his videos are very good for that purpose 

5 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

She said 316, or 7% of those who died had received a dose of AstraZeneca vaccine more than two weeks before falling ill and 118, or 2.6% had their first AstraZeneca dose more than four weeks before their illness.

For more accurate comparison the percentage calculation might need a factor with how many percent of the total population that have been vaccinated with AZ, i.e. was that rate more than 7 percent almost a month ago, i.e. two weeks before people got ill and some further time, perhaps a week or two more, before they died...????

• Like 1

Really? "Covid" deaths have been counted 1 year before the first vaccine was available. This news states the obvious but the majority of readers come to the conclusion that the vaccine is effective (hint : it's not). Deceiving article.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, buick said:

there were two articles on this topic yesterday.  i posted about it in another thread.  both left out info.  there were 1,687 people who were 'vaccinated' and died.  now 'vaccinated' includes one dose in these articles.  and 460 of the deaths were in people jabbed with AZ.  but only 26 of those had both jabs.  so that leaves 1,227 deaths in those 'vaccinated' with sinovac.  it seems to me the main info that is left out is how many of those had one jab and how many had two.  millions of people have received sinovac so the number of deaths is still somewhat small in percentage terms.  but strange that they wouldn't give the same breakdown for sinovac that was given for AZ. 

yes but there is a time delay before these vaccines take effect and offer protection

I made a point several weeks ago about the vaccination centers being super spreader events - lets suppose you attend one of these centers and get AZ and at the same time get infected - to me that is just the same as being unvaccinated because the vaccine you just got at the same time as you got infected offers zero protection for at least 4 weeks and that protection from one shot is very limited until you have the 2nd shot then a further period of time to reach full protection - in effect you may as well have been unvaccinated - that makes this article total nonsense 

27 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

This is not advocated in medical publications. 

For example the Vaccination Commission in Germany recommends, for AstraZeneca, as before, an interval of twelve weeks between the first and second vaccination. As the time until the second vaccination increases, the effectiveness of the vaccine increases, and thus the protection against infection with the coronavirus.

Yes, I have read similar.

Not about to tell Thais they got it wrong.

Half a loaf is better than no bread,  grateful for what I got.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

A lot of people are actively taking measures to avoid becoming infected here, in the US based on what I've seen a lot of them don't appear to be bothering.

Oh more than that. They actively seem to be stomping around saying 'we don't need no stinkin masks' 'it is my right not to socially distance' or 'I cured myself drinking disinfectant'.....'it is all a government conspiracy'... then they get sick.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Im over 60 and was included in the first wave of vaccines in early July, that was for over 60s and exclusively AZ vaccine. It was widely publicised at the time.

Even going forward, the default vaccine for anyone over 60 in Thailand is the AZ vaccine.

Enquire with anyone you know over 60, if they have been vaccinated its exclusively the AZ vaccine.

Two friends, one 63 the other 57, had first sinovac with both to get AZ 4 weeks later.

Edit.

That was 3 weeks ago, both due AZ next week.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

She said 316, or 7% of those who died had received a dose of AstraZeneca vaccine more than two weeks before falling ill and 118, or 2.6% had their first AstraZeneca dose more than four weeks before their illness. That meant not enough antibodies were not stimulated within two weeks of inoculation. Among those who had received the second dose up to two weeks before falling ill, there were 26 fatalities, or 0.6% of the total.

Such a shame the vaccination programme didn't start last year.. and has hardly got going this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Virt said:

I had 5 anti gen tests after my pfizer shots for trying to see when it started to show positive. 

Day 1, 4 and 7 didn't turn out positive. On day 14 it slowly started to indicate a positive test. Then I did a test 8 days after 2nd shot and it turned positive immidiatly, so it took between 7-14 days before I had traceable anti bodies. 

I will keep using them tests to see when they start to fade. 

Next week I will get a blood sample that tells me the level of anti bodies and how my body reacted to the vaccine, so that will be interesting for me to see. 

As for the article describing it's mostly unvaccinated people that get in trouble.

That % will only keep rising as more and more get their shots.

Read a Danish article yesterday from a hospital in Denmark where 95% of those getting submitted to that specific hospital were people who had not been vaccinated or only had their first shot, and that a large part of those were between age 20 - 40.

So it seems the delta variant really messed up things and now the younger generations should really get their shots. 

Noone are safe or invincible when it comes to covid-19, no matter how strong they think their own immune defense is. 

Maybe do a " d dimer" test alongside whatever your getting done to get checked for potential blood clots as well