Koh Phangan: Foreigners continually breaking the Covid-19 rules test the patience of district chief

webfact

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

wait a minute.. a difficult spot to reach, no access for vehicles, a group of 5/6 foreigners.... What is the problem? They are not sitting in a bar, but in open space, they can not infect someone , because no one will come there. In  other places like the hotels in Panggna or Phuket it seems more dangerous than on a desolated beach... But of course foreigners, not even tourists ..... not allowed.. but Thais sitting together under  a tree in or around a village ... no problem

until they go home and become spreaders.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, kennw said:

until they go home and become spreaders.

How many spreaders are there that you don't know???In fact everybody can be a spreader because there are a lot of non symptomatic cases... non symptomatic for me can make you very ill

This Covid business has been going on for eighteen months and people are sick of it. They haven't seen piles of bodies in the street which would justify these extreme measures which have changed the way we live.

When you get the cops to enforce stupid laws people lose respect for them and they lose respect for the law.

Obviously there is no sign that any of these measures are ever going away. So you can expect people to work around them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

How many spreaders are there that you don't know???In fact everybody can be a spreader because there are a lot of non symptomatic cases... non symptomatic for me can make you very ill

Where have you seen research on “asymptomatic spreaders.” It was previously considered impossible (or near enough to impossible) for someone to spread a viral infection that they have no symptoms of.

Basically, if you have enough of a virus in your system to spread it, it is going to manifest as symptoms. That is why Children were never seen as a risk for spreading Covid. Children have very powerful immune systems, so even if the virus enters their system, it is attacked and destroyed very quickly.

When did that change in germ theory?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, smedly said:

nothing much to say really the pictures speak 1000 words

3pm.jpg

9pm1.jpg

Photograph 1 Tourists not wearing masks Photograph 2 Thais all wearing masks what is your point?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Yes, deport every foreigner that bends the rules. Wrong.  Simple, fines. Fine everyone, including locals, who break the rules also daily, and when you hit the wallet, people learn, with the exception of the very rich, who think they can, and do, get away with most everything, including ruining our planet for profit. If police here wrote tickets for every infraction I see daily, most people would go broke. Yes, the air would be cleaner,(rampant unnecessary burning), many less will die from scooter accidents (helmets wearing), beaches would be cleaner,(proper disposal of trash), but then you take money from the millions of poor, most of whom were never taught proper drivers ed, garbage trucks being non existant in the country.  Other, more dangerous offenses where some officials turn a blind eye because of profit will never stop.

The problem is that the 'Tourists' consider themselves amongst the 'Very Rich' with special privileges because their income although low in their own country is much higher than the average local income

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, RobU said:

Photograph 1 Tourists not wearing masks Photograph 2 Thais all wearing masks what is your point?

Can't really see whether the tourists were wearing masks with their faces digitally removed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

The Pattaya Taco Bell guy. Refused to wear a mask, then proceeded to verbally assault and threaten violence upon the other patrons. Was videoed and spread all over the Internet. Was then let off with an apology.

And that somehow relates to this on Koh Phangan?! Uh huh right. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

You should have run up and kicked him in the back, bonus points if he was over 80, and he knocked over some motorcycles, then skip along to police and apologize or something. ????

I don't need to do anything. Wait till the police find him.

face-masks.jpg

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Look like modern day Hippies to me.

I think the 5 star accommodation should be set fire too or removed, and then they should be removed from the Island as well.

Your misery is palpable.

Do you yearn for the days when men wore hats and suits and women wore dresses and matching shoes to the beach?

Edited by n00dle
  • Haha 2

As a foreigner living in Thailand, just like so many other foreigners, I understand the frustration we all must endure during this pandemic, I do feel the rules, no matter how bad you may think they are, are set to protect everyone. While the government's long term plans have been slow, and maybe over cautious, and at times seem useless, this is their country. I can only speak as an American looking back at the country I came from. I should not have to explain the irrational behavior of some Americans. But if that is how I felt, I would return back to the US where I can carry on at will. I have made Thailand my home. I am grateful to be allowed to live here. And while I could complain about the visa renewal process, or the seemingly unnecessary TM47, if I add up all the days up I spend working on staying up to date with my paperwork (let's say 10 days total) that still leaves me with 355 days to enjoy myself each year. I can live with that. I may not however, be able to live if I catch covid. Since the article states these foreigners may be from the UK, Austin Powers comes to mind, "Oh Behave!" 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

Fun busters in action. Well, it's not HiSo from Thonglor or people in uniform with tinsel this time, so they dare to act. When will these clowns learn that it is time to give people their live back ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1