I think I know why Pfizer became available for foreigners

BestB

49 minutes ago, BestB said:

Either way worked out well for me and many others, but was strange that the most sought after vaccine became so readily available 

Maybe they gave you Sinovac, any things possible in Thailand ????

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Kanada said:

So you got your Vax shot with the best out there and now you’re worried how??

I think you might complain if they hung you with a silk rope!!

Pfizer is not the best out there

1. AZ

2.Moderna

3. Pfizer

19 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I'm a bit worried that the vaccine was perhaps 'wrongly' handled or 'not working' due to being nearly expired. 

Worry not, as the expiry date is probably calculated with a reasonable margin of safety. Probably around a factor of 1 1/2 or 2, when correctly stored and handled. 

2 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Where did you register because the latest opportunity here in Pattaya is strictly for foreigners?

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I will tell you Friday evening when we return home to Kanchanaburi. I don't want there to be any problems with my wife getting her first jab of Pfizer

Mine at Medpark on Monday too.

Same batch number but different serial number. 

No "Expiry date" recorded. 

Just next booking for September 13.

No side effects.  But Google that.

50% of people getting Pfizer don't and older people (am 70) get even less if any.

Btw, it is now branded  "Comirnaty", a name devised by Pfizer to indicate community and mRna into a brand name.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BestB said:

Make sure she sits with your through every step, would not want you to get your name wrong when asked or get confused when nurse points in which direction to walk. May be even hold your hand while the administer the injection, never know those needles can hurt and someone needs to be there to wipe the tears and blow on the huge wound to make you feel better

Thank you for the kind recommendations and do enjoy your Cheers beer and right hand.

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

As I said, in the hall at Kalasin although the place wasn't ' mobbed ' thankfully, there were plenty of older Thais in the queue and a few overweight ones a bit younger that were all in the queue for Pfizer.

Scouse123, are you sure that Thais were getting Pfizer ?. Mixed up signage maybe ?

I got my Pfizer jab in Kalasin yesterday, 24 Aug, at 13.30; there were no Thai queues at that time. My Thai wife was with me (I beg Worst B for forgiveness) and asked if she could have a jab, without specifying Pfizer. The nurse answered that Pfizer was for falang only and other vaccinations had to be pre-registered.

In our village my wife missed out on the first round of vaccinations (Sinovac) because at 59 she was a year too young. She is still waiting for her first jab. She and her family and friends now say, because of negative Sinovac reports on tv, that they will refuse Sinovac and hold out for AZ or Pfizer.

I can sympathise with Thai resentment that many falang are being vaccinated earlier and better (Pfizer) than most Thais. Hopefully, this (increasing ?) resentment will be directed to their incompetent Government rather than us falang personally.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Received my first Pfizer shot; hardly any side effects, except feeling a bit sleepy the same day, and getting very slight and short headaches (barely noticeable) on the second day. I'm a bit worried that the vaccine was perhaps 'wrongly' handled or 'not working' due to being nearly expired. 

After my first Pfizer/BioNtech shot I also got a barely noticeable headache about 4.5 hours after the shot and my arm was a bit sore the next day, but that pain went away fairly quickly after I started working. After the second shot 6 weeks later I didn’t not get the headache and the sore arm the next day was noticeably less sore than after the first time. 

All vaccines have an expiry date, but I think it’s like the best before date on food. It doesn’t go bad exactly on the date mentioned on the packaging. That’s just an assumption, though, but given the fact that you had some symptoms I’d say it was working as intended. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mahtin said:

I am talking about getting a pfizer shot in Thailand for free, only available to expats who have not received a Covid vaccination of any kind

21 hours ago, BestB said:

@mtls2005 Another thing, not sure if any meaning behind it, but upon arrival they asked me how old i was, and i am just over 40, her reply was something along the lines of yes over 40 can have Pfizer.

Make of it what you will.

Also just to put some at ease, everyone waits for 30 mins after the shot in a big hall, in that time i did not see anyone feeling sick or asking for any help or having any signs of anything.

Well organized, English spoken, friendly, of course a number of "gentleman" felt the need to bring their skirt with them and even talk to the nurses for them. no idea why when all nurses spoke clear English.

I wonder if they need a skirt to go to 7-11 with them as well

Not me man, I'm due for my second Pfizer shot in about a week with a 3 day round trip drive to get it.  Trying to get the wife to stay home this time as I know how everything works but might need a 4th day in case I feel "faint" after being poked the wrong way by the nurse ????

6 hours ago, BestB said:

What does FDA approval in US has to do with Pfizer availability in Thailand? Let me think....... absolutely nothing besides you wanting to be a troll for some unknown reason

Better people just think you’re an idiot than to type your statement above and remove all doubt!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BestB said:

Indeed , does not make sense and in the past I have commented that something has happened and some kind of push to vaccinate foreigners had started.

thai can hardly even get AZ but we foreigners get a choice of all 3 and can even mix and match 

Maybe they want to kick us out soon and we cannot travel or go home vaxxed with sinovac . 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, LNKDES1 said:

My 52 yr old Thai wife, of 10 years, registered at the same time as I did, roughly 4-6 weeks ago. We both requested for the Pfizer. At that time she was told that she could not get a shot because she was not a foreigner. My first jab is scheduled for this Friday in BKK (we live in Kanchanaburi). No problem, I'll be there. Yesterday my wife received an SMS from the hospital that she was scheduled for a Pfizer jab on the 29th in BKK. She contacted the hospital & now we are both getting our first jabs this Friday in BKK. So your bit about 'only foreigners' couldn't be more incorrect.

Agree to disagree let's leave it at that .

13 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

If it was so freely available they would have given it to Thai as well , but they are just giving it to foreigners(ok maybe to elite Thai as well but the websites and registrations we are getting it thru , only foreigners). So it's not as freely available as you think . I am happy that i got it and that my second shot also will be pfizer but a bit confused that the normal masses in Thailand are being vaxxed with mix and match shots and that we get the good stuff . Normally they aren't so found of us hence double pricing and Mr A calling us dirty(ok maybe if we had to pay for it would make it understandable but it's free of charge) 

This Pattaya News article of last week indicated that 2,300 local residents were given the Pfizer vaccine. That is one location on one day. So, clearly not just foreigners or 'elite'.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/17/2300-banglamung-and-pattaya-residents-get-first-dose-of-a-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine/

Edited by dabhand
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, kalasiner said:

Scouse123, are you sure that Thais were getting Pfizer ?. Mixed up signage maybe ?

I got my Pfizer jab in Kalasin yesterday, 24 Aug, at 13.30; there were no Thai queues at that time. My Thai wife was with me (I beg Worst B for forgiveness) and asked if she could have a jab, without specifying Pfizer. The nurse answered that Pfizer was for falang only and other vaccinations had to be pre-registered.

In our village my wife missed out on the first round of vaccinations (Sinovac) because at 59 she was a year too young. She is still waiting for her first jab. She and her family and friends now say, because of negative Sinovac reports on tv, that they will refuse Sinovac and hold out for AZ or Pfizer.

I can sympathise with Thai resentment that many falang are being vaccinated earlier and better (Pfizer) than most Thais. Hopefully, this (increasing ?) resentment will be directed to their incompetent Government rather than us falang personally.

Definitely. Only a few ferrangs where I got mine in Kanchanaburi. Mostly Thai medical staff and pregnant Thai women.????????????????

A bit late on this thread.

The idea from the opening post is obviously right except for expiry date near.

After seeing a headline in German language I did a simple search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=us+donate+vaccine+south+east+asia

See yourself.

US uses vaccine diplomacy to gain influence in the region.

One of the many articles:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/20/business/economy/china-vaccine-us-covid-diplomacy.html

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 11:44 AM, BestB said:

And why do not we line up in the same line behind you and call it a sheeple? would not want anyone to have an opinion or an observation, would we?

For a guy who’s admitted he “doesn’t know” on more than one occasion you sure talk a lot of s””t!

• Thanks 1

On 8/25/2021 at 12:00 AM, bangkokgalaxy said:

Did US donate vaccine with short shelve life? I am inclined to think so. Saying that, it worked out well for me, I am happy and I am under 60.

Good news. As a US citizen, it would be great some of my own vaccine (short shelf life or not). How did you book with Bangkok Hospital being under 60? I assumed ExpatVac only scheduled vaccines to those over 60 or with special health conditions. 

It has been changed since about 1 week from 60 to 40.

On 8/25/2021 at 5:58 PM, DrPhibes said:

Not me man, I'm due for my second Pfizer shot in about a week with a 3 day round trip drive to get it.  Trying to get the wife to stay home this time as I know how everything works but might need a 4th day in case I feel "faint" after being poked the wrong way by the nurse ????

Are you sure it is the cute nurse who's going to do the ' poking ' ????

On 8/24/2021 at 8:09 PM, VocalNeal said:

So it makes sense to use up the supply now. 

It has 2 expiration dates on it!!!!!

If stored at -70c expiration 30/11

If stored at 2-8c expiration 05/09

(this was mine from today)

Clipboard01.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 3:24 AM, Bohemianfish said:

The second Moderna knocked us on our butts. First shot barely anything. Same for daughter with Pfizer.

Pfizer is similar. Stronger effects on the second shot. Astrazeneca is the opposite. I had barely anything after the second shot of az. Only a sore arm.