Get bank letter certifying account 1 day in advance of application for extension of stay?

My local immigration specified same day.

A week beforehand I spoke to the bank and they told me no problem.

On the day of application I just popped into the bank for the letter on the way to immigration.

In and out in 10 minutes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

They (Khon Kaen) have always told me that day before is ok although I play it safe and get it on the day.

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I would like to get it done at the bank in our nearby town the day before so I can avoid downtown Khon Kaen in the morning and just head straight to immigration.

Phayao Immigration always insist on the same day.  copies of bank book to show balance also have to have been updated that day.  i.e. you need to make a deposit/withdrawal on that day.  Otherwise Kasikorn system does not show the balance on the day of extension.

Now, to be safe, I get n appointment at Immigration and ask for written list of required documents from bank. Also make appointment at bank for that morning and give them the list from Immigration.  Most banks now know what Immigration now want, but best to be certain.  This year; into bank at 9;30.  Out with docs.t 1;00 and to Immigration.  All done before lunch break.  I think Kasikorn charge 200Baht for all letters and photocopies

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Sounds like might be your first extension.

Don't be surprised if your 'local bank' has no idea what you want.

Personally I would obtain it in town kk.

At time of obtaining letter it's good idea to make small deposit. Some imm offices want this. CW being one. "Activity on the day"

Why make simple difficult. Get letter same day. 

Most reports indicate that immigration not overly busy at this time. 

Not my first extension but first using money in the bank method. Previously I needed to request a 12 month statement from Bangkok Bank in Khon Kaen to show monthly transfers which of course requires up to 7 days to get the statement from Bangkok. Since it was necessary to return to the bank for the statement I would get the letter certifying the account at the same time then off to immigration.

I give the local bank 50/50 odds of doing the letter.  The bank is 10 minutes from home so not too much time wasted if they won't do the letter. If they do the letter and KK immigration accepts it then that is the simplest path for me.

Thanks to ubonjoe for the example letter to show.

10 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Are you guys getting a bank statement as well as (or instead of) the letter? 

Seems to be what is wanted here in Issan at the moment.

For my extension based on marriage, I have always gotten the letter as well as a stamped bank statement (3 months, I believe). Not sure if it's actually needed, as I'm also suppying copies of the associated bank book, but I'd rather have more papers than I need than too few.

This might be a dumb question but could you (or why couldn't you) just go to your online banking and print your own statement? I'm assuming that you can't or everyone would, but wouldn't that be much easier? 

32 minutes ago, Tedly said:

This might be a dumb question but could you (or why couldn't you) just go to your online banking and print your own statement? I'm assuming that you can't or everyone would, but wouldn't that be much easier? 

Immigration want a statement to be stamped by the bank when it is done.

8 hours ago, fishtank said:

They (Khon Kaen) have always told me that day before is ok although I play it safe and get it on the day.

i took mine from the day before .but had to leave my paperwork half done at io get to bank half an hour ..back to io all done so answer to your Q for me no must be same day

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

At time of obtaining letter it's good idea to make small deposit

I generally make a small deposit and then a small withdrawal of the same amount of the deposit.  At one time my bank would use yesterday's balance on the letter and by making both the deposit and withdrawal then the balance in your bankbook will match the balance on the letter.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The rule is whatever the Immigration Office says it is. Call them and ask. I personally get mine on the way to immigration, just a local bank but I'm told all banks are used to it and know exactly what you need, and that'll be 200 baht please.

Some banks don't have a clue what's required re bank letter.

Both banks that I'm familiar with charge 100baht.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

At Pathum Thani I've always got the 3 months of statements and bank letter the day before ($400k in the bank method), because the local BB bank (now roped off and closed at the moment ) always stuff around copying my passport and current extension date (which the lady calls my "expiry date" !!).

Last time I paid a fee for the statements and another for the Letter....around B200 odd all up.

2 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

i took mine from the day before .but had to leave my paperwork half done at io get to bank half an hour ..back to io all done so answer to your Q for me no must be same day

Was that at Khon Kaen?