Pfizer Side Effects - My Experience

Mickeymaus

Got my first Pfizer shot six days ago. Had a little bit diarrhea, some headache, some joint and muscle pain and dizziness. What doesn't want to disappear is the dizziness. It is like being a little bit drunken - sadly without this positive feeling. It comes and goes. Anyone with a similar experience? And what might I have to expect after the second shot if I have such side effects now already. Will it be (much) worse? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

Got vaccinated  with Pfizer Aug 23rd

Had a sore arm that started to come on about 10 hours after the shot. Right around bed time. Still a little stiff the next morning and by supper time was all good.

All 4 others that I know that got the shot at the same time had the same results

I had that on my second shot, though mild.  First time I had a bump like a bug bite at or near the shot site, but I really didn't pay attention. 

• Like 1

3 weeks ago for us, 2nd dose this coming Thursday.   Just arm pain for us.... 12 and 15 year old kids, mid 40's adults.   My 15 year old had a slight fever for one night (slight as in... An after a long day in the sun type fever).   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Vax of Pfizer on the 24th, no side effects until the 27th when I felt like I was coming down with a cold. Just feeling a bit off colour and sniffly, but hasn't progressed beyond that. However, the same feeling has persisted for three days.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

After having my second Pfizer jab, I experienced bouts of light-headedness and being unsteady on my feet. However, at around the same time, I had a change of medication as prescribed by my doctor. The insert in the package did say that one of the side-effects from this medication could be dizziness. Therefore, I am not sure I can ascribe my original condition as being a side-effect resulting from the second Pfizer jab; it may have been coincidental.

I am  pleased to report that the light-headed/ unsteadiness seems to have abated now.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2021 at 3:51 PM, Mickeymaus said:

What doesn't want to disappear is the dizziness. It is like being a little bit drunken - sadly without this positive feeling. It comes and goes. Anyone with a similar experience?

Mate of mine and his Thai wife in Oz were experiencing similar symptoms to you but after a couple of weeks cleared up.

He has high blood pressure and is 61 on some meds for his high blood pressure, his Mrs came off far worse as she had a score of 3 for her blood cell count, my Mrs is a 10 and that is as low as you want to go, so his wife is on iron transfusion.

I had my 1st dose of Pfizer on the 23rd, sore injection site for a day, diarrhea once, some headaches, lethargic, some dizzy spells, and muscle aces, but nothing more than my average day pains, although the muscle pain, particularly in the arms from the elbow down to my wrist are annoying, but one has to look at what one has been doing of late, e.g. pushing the bike (possible cause), suffice to say, I would think the above except for the sore injection site are normal for me, excluding the diarrhea as well.

I think the 2nd will be much the same, but my mate did say he coped it worse the 2nd time around, so maybe up your vitamin D, C, Zinc, Magnesium and B12 ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Vax of Pfizer on the 24th, no side effects until the 27th when I felt like I was coming down with a cold. Just feeling a bit off colour and sniffly, but hasn't progressed beyond that. However, the same feeling has persisted for three days.

Yes, similar to me. First Pfizer jab last Thursday 26th. Friday, Saturday, Sunday feeling tired with occasional hot flushes (perspiring), a touch of diarrhea yesterday, today Monday back to normal.

No arm pain at all but was aware of the jab site every time I moved my arm for the first 2 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, similar to me. First Pfizer jab last Thursday 26th. Friday, Saturday, Sunday feeling tired with occasional hot flushes (perspiring), a touch of diarrhea yesterday, today Monday back to normal.

No arm pain at all but was aware of the jab site every time I moved my arm for the first 2 days.

I guess I'm lucky, no sore arm and no diarrhea, but the feeling of having a cold coming has persevered for 3 days. I guess it could be worse.

• Like 2

I had the pfizer shot 8 days ago.  Sore shoulder for 3-4 days but now all that is gone.  No dizziness or any other side effects as far as my health goes.  That is why that they ask us to report at  3 days, 7 days and then 30 days after the first shot.  They then can see if there is any pattern to side effects.  Yours sounds like a big problem maybe!

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 2:34 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I'm sure Pfizer has a load of side effects like all the others, still worth the risk.

As for feeling dizzy, i would ask the hospital where you had the vaccine

Had my 1st shot on the 26th. So far nothing noticeable... 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Presnock said:

I had the pfizer shot 8 days ago.  Sore shoulder for 3-4 days but now all that is gone.  No dizziness or any other side effects as far as my health goes.  That is why that they ask us to report at  3 days, 7 days and then 30 days after the first shot.  They then can see if there is any pattern to side effects.  Yours sounds like a big problem maybe!

I am not worried. It just annoys me. I notice it the most when I have to react to something for instance at a conversation. But I just would like to know the experience of others especially after the second shot. Here I read that more people have problems after this second shot. Before I go to a doctor a lot has to happen. I had too many bad experiences in this respect.