Emergency decree in relation to Covid set to end - restaurants given wide ranging autonomy in reopening

webfact

Get that all you can eat shrimp buffet fired up.

34 minutes ago, webfact said:

The guidance was that strict protocols needed to exist but their judgment was important in what and how protocols were followed.

Ah yes, "their judgement".

What could go wrong?

34 minutes ago, webfact said:

This seemed to confirm other reports that permitting only vaccinated patrons and making restaurants give their staff weekly ATK tests was a non-starter. 

This one got shot down pretty quickly.

The regime is definitely on their back foot on this one.

35 minutes ago, webfact said:

Furthermore, the sources suggested, the end to the 2005 Emergency Decree legislation being used in relation to the pandemic was now imminent.

Not exactly clear what this means? There is an Emergency Decree in effect for COVID since 26 March 2020, which has been renewed 13 times since. Most recently on 1 August 2021 through 30 September 2021.

http://web.krisdika.go.th/data/document/ext810/810259_0001.pdf

Maybe this Emergency Decree will be lifted?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Get that all you can eat shrimp buffet fired up.

Ah yes, "their judgement".

What could go wrong?

This one got shot down pretty quickly.

The regime is definitely on their back foot on this one.

Not exactly clear what this means? There is an Emergency Decree in effect for COVID since 26 March 2020, which has been renewed 13 times since. Most recently on 1 August 2021 through 30 September 2021.

http://web.krisdika.go.th/data/document/ext810/810259_0001.pdf

Maybe this Emergency Decree will be lifted?

Well after all the Indians will be coming in droves now

43 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks like Thailand is preparing to throw off the shackles and just get on with the opening up of the country for dining and such.  Let her rip and I hope it ends well.  Keeping my fingers crossed for this new experiment which I will call  "The Great Sandbox Escape" 

Like the name

"They intimated that the CCSA was prepared to give the private sector a high degree of autonomy in the opening of restaurants and other businesses servicing the public."

very smart move. then they can blame any increase in covid stats on the businesses not being careful enough in pursuit of profits.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I think I'm going to sit this one out and see how it goes. I have 1 dose of AZ and plan on waiting for 2 weeks after my scheduled 2nd dose of AZ to reach maximum efficacy before break away from my overly cautious routine.  

Yeah me too... what have you got booked?... A lot of fun in the planning and anticipation!

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

I suspected some time ago (and suggested) that sooner or later they would just give up and let the Covid control measures just fade away.

Could this be the first step in this happening?

One can only hold a hot potato for so long without burning ones fingers...

The issue I believe is that the well is dry, and the coffers are empty.  There is no more money to borrow and hand out and the He who is in control of all has probably decided that it is better to open up and see what befalls the nation.  No Risk No Reward.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

The issue I believe is that the well is dry, and the coffers are empty.  There is no more money to borrow and hand out and the He who is in control of all has probably decided that it is better to open up and see what befalls the nation.  No Risk No Reward.

You may well be right there. What is more, I wonder if the almost total cessation of trading by very many enterprises, the supervision of which was a lucrative form of licensed banditry for various uniformed and trinket strewn agencies has led to some discontent, at a time when the same agencies may soon be needed to be "on side"!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well with everything closed down there is <deleted> all else to do!

Except for complaining about people coming on TVF ( or whatever it's called now) and complaining about too many people complaining, if you see what I mean...

Of course I can see your complaining about the complainers and I am taking the bait and posting against my better judgment.  If the Emergency decree is lifted then CAAT should be lifting the ban on International flights into all of the country in my view, but then with Thailand being on the Red list and at Level 4, and the UK citizens dashing back home to avoid an expensive quarantine this past weekend, how will this all play out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Furthermore, the sources suggested, the end to the 2005 Emergency Decree legislation being used in relation to the pandemic was now imminent

So what will Prayut use an anti protest excuse now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poskat said:

"They intimated that the CCSA was prepared to give the private sector a high degree of autonomy in the opening of restaurants and other businesses servicing the public."

very smart move. then they can blame any increase in covid stats on the businesses not being careful enough in pursuit of profits.

Worked for Phuket, see how that worked out.

• Sad 1