Pattaya crime rates after 16 months down the Covid rabbit hole.

NanLaew

thai women would rather not walk on the beach after dark.

So the dark past will linger on that place for long.

Still a lot of prostitution, and former prostitutes. With it comes drug abuse.

The last year, around september, some spanish tourist was assaulted by a motorbike taxi driver in an unprovoked attack.

Those old habits die hard 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

I hear much more about petty theft (food etc) and break-ins (also in our moo baan), because people are desperate. That said, without statistics, we are all just doing some irrelevant bla-bla

Right, but it's getting ugly.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

A friend told me there is a lot of masturbation going on among the Farang community. We could call this Farang-on-Farang petty crime, couldn't we?

It depends - as long as the left hand knows what the right hand is doing, is it really a crime?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 7:20 AM, Gsxrnz said:

My wife tells me that domestic violence has increased dramatically but is rarely officially reported.

I think you will find domestic violence increased, significantly, in all countries during covid.   

Edited by Leaver

Covid or not. In my 17 years in Pattaya in no part of the town I felt less save than in any City in Europe. Don't give the two-week-millionaire, leave your 10-baht-gold chain at home, keep on smiling and enjoy.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Covid or not. In my 17 years in Pattaya in no part of the town I felt less save than in any City in Europe. Don't give the two-week-millionaire, leave your 10-baht-gold chain at home, keep on smiling and enjoy.

It depends on your definition of "safe."  

If you mean, when you go to an ATM that you will not be the victim of an armed robbery, or an assault and robbery, then yes, Pattaya is quite safe.

Same with walking down the street and not been mugged.

However, for example, go to a bar and have your bill padded, you will simply become  victim of crime, because you either pay, or security assault you and you still pay, or police are called, and you pay even more.  For this type of extortion, Pattaya is far from safe.  Of course, on TV, many blame the drunk tourist for getting in a fight with security, rather than simply not accepting the crime being committed against him and paying.  ???? 

• Confused 1