Thailand reports 14,802 new COVID-19 cases and 18,996 recoveries

webfact

PM: Curfew Relaxation under Consideration

BANGKOK, Sept 1 (TNA) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said the government was monitoring the COVID-19 situation in the country and would later consider curfew relaxation.

As eased COVID-19 controls took effect today, Gen Prayut who is also the defence minister said everyone should comply strictly with all disease control measures. If the compliance resulted in lower infections, the government would review the curfew, he said.

“At night people mainly went to tourist attractions and entertainment venues. Problems still exist in this sector. Health authorities will consider relevant information from the operators of pubs and bars. The prime minister cannot make a decision without listening to health authorities. If there is a mistake, the prime minister must take responsibility,” Gen Prayut said.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-771112

31 minutes ago, anchadian said:

PM: Curfew Relaxation under Consideration

BANGKOK, Sept 1 (TNA) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said the government was monitoring the COVID-19 situation in the country and would later consider curfew relaxation.

As eased COVID-19 controls took effect today, Gen Prayut who is also the defence minister said everyone should comply strictly with all disease control measures. If the compliance resulted in lower infections, the government would review the curfew, he said.

“At night people mainly went to tourist attractions and entertainment venues. Problems still exist in this sector. Health authorities will consider relevant information from the operators of pubs and bars. The prime minister cannot make a decision without listening to health authorities. If there is a mistake, the prime minister must take responsibility,” Gen Prayut said.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-771112

Tourists want to visit the nighife venues, not just bars alone.  I hope one day for the vibrant Khao San road to return to its former glory of food vendors selling the fried bugs and all.  I miss the people watching in awe as folks tried the fried scorpions and such.  One day in the future......maybe years from now it will return.

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Good they can make notice "nobody died in home"! 70 million people and yesterday nobody died in home coz covid! Wonder how many people actualy died in home yesterday? How many extra covid test they need make to be sure?

Oh people who are at home never have Covid and besides that yesterday was a special day in Thailand.. It was the nobody- die- today- at- home- day exceptional in a country where 70 million people live. They only died on the road and in the hospitals then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, anchadian said:

Google translate:

???? Statistics of proactive COVID-19 screening by ATK and RT-PCR methods in Bangkok area classified by district group

???? Data during 26 Jul. - 30 Aug. '64

???? There is a total of all those who are examined.

???? ATK type = 148,879 cases

????️ found = 28,025 cases

????️ No infection = 120,854 cases

???? RT-PCR type = 55,809 cases

????️ found = 33,668 cases

????️ No infection = 21,199 cases

Data from the Office of Public Health Coroner as of 30 Aug.

So there is average 5600 case/day from ATK test what is not in official daily numbers! Also like North East numbers have come way down from over 4000/ day todays 1543 case! They not export sick people anymore to other provinces so North East numbers look also much "better"! All people what before get treatment in home province now have isolated in BKK area home! And all numbers look really nice! If you add those ATK numbers in daily numbers, numbers has not drop at all! 

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

I'll comment for you then, do you have the stats for age groups post vaccinations in deaths? This includes figures from Jan 2020 and vaccinations in US did not start till Dec/Jan 2021, so stats from when the majority of over 60's had been vaccinated would give a far better perspective right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Mass Sinopharm vaccination campaign started in Pattaya and Chonburi area, goal is 70% vaccinated by end of October

The Pattaya City Mayor has confirmed, according to him, that by at least the end of October, 70 percent of Pattaya residents will be vaccinated. The city has received 60,000 doses of Sinopharm vaccines so far which are being vaccinated to roughly 2,000 people per day.

Meanwhile, the Chonburi Provincial Administrative Office has received 220,000 doses of Sinopharm vaccines which are being vaccinated to 110,000 Chonburi area residents, especially in Sattahip which is part of the proposed tourism plan for Pattaya’s “Move On” program.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/01/mass-sinopharm-vaccination-campaign-started-in-pattaya-and-chonburi-area-goal-is-70-vaccinated-by-end-of-october/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Mass Sinopharm vaccination campaign started in Pattaya and Chonburi area, goal is 70% vaccinated by end of October

The Pattaya City Mayor has confirmed, according to him, that by at least the end of October, 70 percent of Pattaya residents will be vaccinated. The city has received 60,000 doses of Sinopharm vaccines so far which are being vaccinated to roughly 2,000 people per day.

Meanwhile, the Chonburi Provincial Administrative Office has received 220,000 doses of Sinopharm vaccines which are being vaccinated to 110,000 Chonburi area residents, especially in Sattahip which is part of the proposed tourism plan for Pattaya’s “Move On” program.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/01/mass-sinopharm-vaccination-campaign-started-in-pattaya-and-chonburi-area-goal-is-70-vaccinated-by-end-of-october/

I wish them the very best of luck with that.  

There are sayings that you require 85 percent for herd immunity.  Israel's vaccination rate is 60 percent.  That's both doses.  There is a persistent amount of people who do not wish to have the shot to make matters more difficult.  The virus is once again out of control there again.

To say that they will run in and vaccinate at this rate doesn't make sense to me, but hope it works.  I doubt it personally.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

To say that they will run in and vaccinate at this rate doesn't make sense to me, but hope it works.  I doubt it personally.

You need check out current daily vaccination numbers.

Very impressive and they are not giving incentives. Add some lotto tickets and they can crack 1 million/day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You need check out current daily vaccination numbers.

Very impressive and they are not giving incentives. Add some lotto tickets and they can crack 1 million/day.

I understand that but there are persistent people who don't want the vaccine and they need to get herd immunity their own way.  Hopefully there is more of a collective in Thailand and it won't be as bad as everywhere else.  

IT was the same here in the west, and everywhere else.  The vaccines fly off the shelves for the first then the second doses.  Then it stalls.  

16 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

I understand that but there are persistent people who don't want the vaccine and they need to get herd immunity their own way

I was being very sarcastic. I personally do not believe the vaccination daily numbers reported are remotely accurate.

The aim is to get to a fake level of vaccination to facilitate/justify removal of any restrictions. Full steam ahead.

Phuket Vax game was a warm up. 

Sadly, a friend of mine who was working in a factory in Chonburi just tested positive for Covid. Strangely, she had previously been in quarantine for 14 days with negative Antigen tests, but 2 days after getting out of quarantine she tested positive with an antigen test, and then an RT-PCR test. 

Today she reported losing her sense of smell, and was obviously feverish. The last I heard, she was being transported back to Isaan. 

Assuming she was infected the day before her quarantine, she had a 16 day incubation period with 2 negative tests during incubation. 

Obviously, there was no Bubble and Seal at her factory. 

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I was being very sarcastic. I personally do not believe the vaccination daily numbers reported are remotely accurate.

The aim is to get to a fake level of vaccination to facilitate/justify removal of any restrictions. Full steam ahead.

Phuket Vax game was a warm up. 

If the vaccination numbers are fake, what is happening to the vaccines being delivered, and, according to you, not administered?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So, you believe those photos of doses arriving on airplanes are fake? 

Trouble reading? These are my words above......

. I personally do not believe the vaccination daily numbers reported are remotely accurate.

Yes PERSONALLY, l do not believe the numbers for vaccinations and deliveries. Note the word personally. It's call opinion.

Now off you go to play baiting.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Trouble reading? These are my words above......

. I personally do not believe the vaccination daily numbers reported are remotely accurate.

Yes PERSONALLY, l do not believe the numbers for vaccinations and deliveries. Note the word personally. It's call opinion.

Now off you go to play baiting.

Asking questions about the ramifications of a stated belief is not baiting. 

If you believe the vaccination numbers are made up, and you believe the delivery reports are fake, you really need to think it through. Are all of the vaccination center reports fake, or just some? Do you believe there are vaccination centers that don't exist, or you don't worry about the details, you just have a distrust of the  government, if their lips move, they must be lying. 

I don't think the vaccination numbers are fake, I just worry about who is being vaccinated. 

Here in Pattaya, I personally know lots of people being vaccinated. 

14 hours ago, Scott said:

The more transmissible a disease, the higher the vaccine rate needs to be to get herd immunity.   With the original strain of Covid it was estimated that it would start to happen with 70% fully vaccinated.  With Delta I read (but don't have a link) that it could be as high as 90% vaccination rate.  

Children are the wild card in the entire equation and whether they will be heavily infected and spreaders.  

i saw a video with some US researchers stating that with delta, at least 85% vaccinated (or infected) is required. Others from the UK have stated that it is likely to become endemic and herd immunity won't be achieved. 

• Like 2

COVID-19: Thailand reports 262 more deaths and 14,956 new coronavirus cases

2021-07-15T153327Z_1_LYNXMPEH6E0X0_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Thursday (September 2) reported 14,956 new COVID-19 cases, 17,936 recoveries and 262 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1229740-covid-19-thailand-reports-262-more-deaths-and-14956-new-coronavirus-cases/

//CLOSED//

/Admin