Thailand confirms first case of VITT linked to AZ jab

webfact

te.jpg

By Erich Parpart

Thailand found one confirmed case of vaccine-induced thrombosis and thrombocytopenia (VITT) caused by the AstraZeneca shot, after more than 15 million doses have been administered, the Ministry of Public Health said on Wednesday.

There was also one confirmed case of heart inflammation linked to the Pfizer jab, they said.

“There was only one confirmed VITT case and the person has recovered,” said Dr Chakkarat Pittayawong-anont, the director of the epidemiology division at the Department of Disease Control (DDC). “The patient was the only person that fits four to five of the diagnostic criteria.”

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/32412/thailand-confirms-first-case-of-vitt-linked-to-az-jab/

ti.jpg
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I find it hard to believe, maybe they found the first VITT that have been reported but 1 case in 15 millions AZ jabs? should be few more according to published medical statistics..

Maybe they didn't come forward with symptoms or underlying symptoms masked the issue..

55 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes but Thailand's statistics always have a touch of uniqueness about them, one of the lowest CFR for covid, amazing trial results with mixing Sinovac and AZ vaccines, an 85% ratio for asymptomatic patients with covid and a truly world class minimal testing regime.

I see you've been keeping a watchful eye on things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Yes and the whole country in lockdown for 1 covid related death . How many people live there ?? 

As at 9 September 2021 there are 625 active cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand, including 603 community cases that are being managed. See our Current cases .

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Although extremely rare, a blood clot syndrome after the first dose of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine carries a high risk of death and can occur in otherwise young and healthy people, UK researchers have found.

In those aged under 50, this blood clot syndrome occur in around one in 50,000 people who have received the vaccine, and that number falls to one in 100,000 in the over 50s, data suggests. But the risk of blood clots is much higher with Covid itself — research shows that more than a fifth of hospitalised patients with Covid have evidence of blood clots.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/11/oxfordastrazeneca-vaccine-rare-blood-clot-syndrome-has-high-mortality-rate

given my luck in life.. there is a 95% chance that i'm one of those 50,000 people

13 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

It was reported by the national press and on ASEAN that there had been 222 reported vaccine related deaths in Thailand up last week and the Government had paid compensation. What caused these deaths if not VITT? Obviously, some lethal reaction?

Were those deaths reported ‘Deaths because of the Vaccine’ or ‘directly related to complications as a result of taking the vaccine’ ??

Or, were those deaths reported ‘Deaths after being vaccinated’ ??

The reason I ask is because some articles have been highly misleading and almost ‘clickbaitey’ in their approach. 

In Thailand approximately 1520 people die daily  (of all causes from motorcycle accidents to stroke to heart failure, embolisms, etc). Given the numbers of people being vaccinated it makes perfect numerical and statistic sense that some of those will have recently been vaccinated.

In such cases whereby someone has been vaccinated and sadly passed away (with a condition unrelated to a vaccine) loved ones will naturally want to blame something and amongst the emotional laypeople the vaccines may be fingered.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

ok you had your dose and your still here.. must be 100% safe then.. you didn't mention that the people that died from covid are overwhelmingly old and with preconditions.. vaccines have been developed and that's ok but the govt/big pharma agenda needs to stop pushing this stuff on people under 60 and people that just don't want it..

What you fail to realise is that the only way the world is going to bring this virus to the level of a flu or cold (Endemic) is by getting at least 80% of the worlds population vaccinated or allow those not willing to get vaccinated die or get infected, spread it and then hopefully get to an (Endemic) so that it ends up as a flu or cold, but what if it mutates to an even worse variant which could be more contagious and perhaps more deadly, then what.

You can't value a life based on ones age, i.e. you will become old and with pre-existing conditions one day whether you like it or not, suffice to say those under you may not want to get vaccinated also and then you will go to your grave earlier than expected, and you might say now, so what, but when you get to being older, you will think differently I am sure of that.

The above said, you can be a hero and take on Covid, but it's not about you, it's about protecting the ones with weaker immune systems, they could be either old, or young with immunocompromised immune systems, why just the other day a 20 year old died in Australia because he had a pre-existing condition, didn't get vaccinated because he thought he was young enough to fight it off, each to their own, I am relatively fit at 61, but do my bit to protect those older than me, those with immunocompromised systems and my family, but then again, there are the majority of us who are selfless.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hasher69 said:

I know 1 person (in Chiang Mai) who died of a Blood Clot after her second dose. No previuos problems with blood clotting

That's 2 cases already. The under the carpet sweeping media masters are going to have a tough one trying to contain the truth.

• Like 2