Fever, dizziness, nausea common side effects of “Mix & Match” of Sinovac then AZ vaccine shots

webfact

8 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Short term side effects. 

These are fairly common side effects for all of them.  I got all this after 1 shot of Astrazeneca.  Only lasted a few hours.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I just hope that none of you brave souls want go to decent restaurants, want to travel, particularly from Thailand to other countries, go to places other than your front room & IF you really are in Thailand then you're gonna be cattle trucked when it comes to immigration issues, maybe not right now, but I think it is coming our way 5555

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Well I just hope that none of you brave souls want go to decent restaurants, want to travel, particularly from Thailand to other countries, go to places other than your front room & IF you really are in Thailand then you're gonna be cattle trucked when it comes to immigration issues, maybe not right now, but I think it is coming our way 5555

I've traveled recently, from Thailand to Spain and guess what? No problem! Guess what else? My wife is a great cook and we never ever go out to eat, we stay home, get up early every morning to go walking and have a great life and don't need to go out to bars and or restaurants.

We mask-up as needed and use hand-gel religiously and social distance and order our groceries online, etc, etc.

So we don't need your advice or your suggestions about where to go out to eat and such.

Thanks anyway!

15 hours ago, DBath said:

What's a negative nelly? I know what facetiousness is even without using Google. I know what Google is, I started using it before 95% of the world knew about it.

There was nothing negative about what I said at all - I was merely stating a fact in response to your implication that everyone should get vaccinated (please forgive me if that is not what you were trying to imply). I happen to disagree, but I do feel it is a matter of choice - not your choice - whether I or anyone should get vaccinated or not. I'm fully capable of making that decision and of living with the consequences of it.

I don't consider myself an anti-vaxxer per se, I believe it should be a person's choice to vaccinate or not vaccinate - I do not intend to in the foreseeable future, but that doesn't mean I won't change my mind at some point. 

It's your choice to drink too much, just as it is mine (I do sometimes). Perhaps I'll even do so this afternoon, that's my choice also. If I do, I promise I'll do my best to not go on TVF and say something inflammatory to someone I might deem to be an idiot - BTW, I'm not implying that you are one.

Whether you think I'm being facetious or not, I'll leave that up to you.

"don't consider myself an anti-vaxxer per se," There's that per se thing again, what does it mean? I have asked about this before and nobody can explain it. It doesn't even look like English.

Mild fever after the sinovac for a day. Sore arm after the Astra Zenica for a day. Happy to be among the few people in the village vaccinated.

The virus finally made it to our village last week after a girl returned home from the city with an infection. The family is in quarantine and everyone is scared. There are a lot of old folks here and very limited vaccine supplies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"don't consider myself an anti-vaxxer per se," There's that per se thing again, what does it mean? I have asked about this before and nobody can explain it. It doesn't even look like English.

Don’t nitpick….have you forgotten how to use Google or do you just not know how?

per se

adverb

\ (ˌ)pər-ˈsā also per-ˈsā or (ˌ)pər-ˈsē   \

Definition of per se (Entry 2 of 4)

: by, of, or in itself or oneself or themselves : as such : INTRINSICALLY

Why don’t you just cut to the chase and tell everyone the real reason my post bothers you so much. ????

Edited by DBath

On 9/9/2021 at 11:27 AM, webfact said:

Fever, headache, dizziness, and nausea are the most common side effects of the “mix and match” vaccine approach of using Sinovac then AstraZeneca shots, according to the Thailand’s Public Health Ministry.

They forgot the most common side effect. The feeling of regret that you took that Sinovac jab in the first place.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, DBath said:

Don’t nitpick….have you forgotten how to use Google or do you just not know how?

per se

adverb

\ (ˌ)pər-ˈsā also per-ˈsā or (ˌ)pər-ˈsē   \

Definition of per se (Entry 2 of 4)

: by, of, or in itself or oneself or themselves : as such : INTRINSICALLY

Why don’t you just cut to the chase and tell everyone the real reason my post bothers you so much. ????

Your post does not bother me at all, in fact I'm more inclined to agree with it just the same as I blasted the unelected PM and his soldiers for allowing migrants from crossing the border into Thailand and also bringing the virus in.

• Like 1

Got my booster 2 days with really no side effects. just felt a little down but thats all. first dose was AZ and the 2nd and 3rd were Pfizer. My doctor and all the staff at MedPark were great coundn't have asked for better care. Now if they will just open the bars I will be OK

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

You not wearing a helmet says enough actually about your ways of assessing risk and how willing you are to take preventions. You act like its a badge of honor i would say more a badge of stupidity. However it was allowed where you came from so the choice was yours to make. 

Here the choice what covid rules you follow is not yours to make but the goverment. 

You claim I’m wearing it “like a badge of honor” is just you interpreting what I wrote through your own “pro-vaccination” stance. It has nothing to do with the fact my risk assessments are made based partly on my experience. 

Life is about taking risks. If my explanation about how I made the decision to take that risk, based on many years of experience, doesn’t suit you - fine. Some of us are more adept at taking risks, and taking risks made me very successful in life. You can call it stupid if you want, your choice. Does not bother me in the least. 

Some people get ahead by taking little or no risk, that’s fine. That’s never really worked for me because of where I had to start from, but don’t call me “stupid” in one sentence and then turn around and say, “but it’s your choice…”. 

I happen to have a different opinion than you and that obviously really bothers you, doesn’t it? TOO BAD…

17 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Your post does not bother me at all, in fact I'm more inclined to agree with it just the same as I blasted the unelected PM and his soldiers for allowing migrants from crossing the border into Thailand and also bringing the virus in.

Finally… something we can agree on! 

That’s a start. 

2 minutes ago, DBath said:

You claim I’m wearing it “like a badge of honor” is just you interpreting what I wrote through your own “pro-vaccination” stance. It has nothing to do with the fact my risk assessments are made based partly on my experience. 

Life is about taking risks. If my explanation about how I made the decision to take that risk, based on many years of experience, doesn’t suit you - fine. Some of us are more adept at taking risks, and taking risks made me very successful in life. You can call it stupid if you want, your choice. Does not bother me in the least. 

Some people get ahead by taking little or no risk, that’s fine. That’s never really worked for me because of where I had to start from, but don’t call me “stupid” in one sentence and then turn around and say, “but it’s your choice…”. 

I happen to have a different opinion than you and that obviously really bothers you, doesn’t it? TOO BAD…

Does it bother me not really just amazed at the stupidity of the anti vax mob. Do you bother me not really i learned to accept you can't talk with certain kind of people like religious people / flat earthers / anti vaxers. This is a discussion forum I would be bored if there were no different opinions. However i like to base them on science.

The risk vs reward is indeed something that we all see differently however research has shown that wearing a helmet significantly helps you survive an accident and or lasting damage to the body. So its a proven fact it helps. I don't really see much reward besides not having to wear a helmet but at greater speeds a helmet just helps as its quite uncomfortable without one. 

I think there is a big difference between taking risks in business and work then those with diseases and safety. I can see monetary rewards and understand them. Don't really see the risk of taking a vaccine vs the risk of taking covid. Its almost always far safer to get vaccinated then to get covid. Just simple statistics and science. So I really don't see that one.

As for opening up, we seen how bad it can get so i think its a bad idea because people were dying in the streets because hospitals were overflowing. The risks of covid are not too bad with a functioning health system but with one that cant cope they change.

Anyway it was your choice to come here and leave your country where you had more freedoms. 

Had my Pfizer shot.  No Pompem. Good speech by Biden pushing vaccination. I accept freedom of choice but when you look from outside it can seem anti vax people need a push to be saved from their own stupidity. But freedom to choose to not follow logic and common sense  is still freedom as long as it does not harm others. 

• Like 1

I am 73 Had 1st AZ shot 10 weeks ago. 11 hrs after shot got chills, shaking, fever body ach all over with headach. Took 1  Nuerofen 400 mg and cold compress on head and fell asleep. Woke at 7:30 AM felt fine. Yesterday Sept 9th had 2nd shot of AZ at 11:30 AM , later felt a little tired and slightly sore arm at injection point.  Nothing else and feel fine today. Was done by Chulabhorn Hospital at TOT Convention Center in Laksi ,BKK.  Was in and out of there in 45 mins inluding the 30 min wait time after shot. Nurses/staff very efficient . Gave me paper showing AZ vaccinated  date/time with bar code.

Edited by Tony125
spelling

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

I think you should change it to Mr Angry

Okay, that may be fair. And, while there may be days when ‘Mr. Angry’ might be more fitting, at least I’m able to admit it.

I’m not really an angry person and I don’t mean to be that way, but I’m human just like everyone else. 

Probably not the response you were hoping for, was it?

• Sad 1

On 9/9/2021 at 12:23 PM, Saltire said:

Wifes 2 brothers had their second (AZ) jab after the SV 3 weeks ago. Brother A had a sore arm for a day after SV and nothing at all after AZ

Other brother had all the side effects after both jabs, but subsided after a few days. He went to the local clinic for some meds as he is never sick in the past and was a bit worried. He's back at work planting trees today.

Wife and I had SV 2 weeks ago, me, no side effects at all, wife dead arm for a few days.

AZ in a weeks time, hope the odds are in our favour. I'd rather be sick from a vaccine than from covid any day.

Quoting my own post .........

Well after registering with expatvac on Aug 1, as Murphy's law would have it, I just got an email appointment for 2 Pfizer on 23 of this month then 3 weeks later. They finally came through, albeit a bit too late. Turned it down obviously.

On the bright side won't need 2 x 6 hour round trips to the main large provincial (covid) hospital. Still happy with my decision.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

As for opening up, we seen how bad it can get so i think its a bad idea because people were dying in the streets because hospitals were overflowing. The risks of covid are not too bad with a functioning health system but with one that cant cope they change.

Anyway it was your choice to come here and leave your country where you had more freedoms. 

I don't disagree regarding the hospital capacity issues. The world and the medical 'industry' will have to adapt, regardless - that will be part of the new normal, unfortunately.

I left Thailand about 5 weeks ago, so not sure how to reply to your last comment. While I enjoyed my time in Thailand, it's just not for me. I do miss some of the people I had the pleasure of meeting there and the climate.

So far, Spain has been a refreshing and perfect fit for me and my family. I have no plans to return to the US or to Thailand.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 2:10 PM, jaiyen said:

But what about the long term effects ?  You will never get told. You will have to wait and find out !!

No vaccine has ever been shown to have long term side effects. Given that the vaccine's components are eliminated from the body within a very short time period, there's no biological mechanism for it to happen.

Of all the vaccines we use, in infancy, childhood, adolescence, and adulthood, none of them have any long-term effects," Schaffner said.

"No vaccine has shown side effects 2 to 5 years later. That doesn't exist because there's no biological reason for it."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/93166

And although it's true we don't have long term data for mRNA vaccines, they are if anything, even less likely to cause long term effects because mRNA lasts even less time than other vaccine components inside the body.

"Vaccines are just designed to deliver a payload and then are quickly eliminated by the body,” Goepfert said. “This is particularly true of the mRNA vaccines. mRNA degrades incredibly rapidly.

You wouldn’t expect any of these vaccines to have any long-term side effects. And in fact, this has never occurred with any vaccine."

Long term effects of COVID vaccines

On 9/9/2021 at 10:16 AM, jacko45k said:

What nonsense......

Perhaps if you were living in Isreal, you might not think it nonsense,

as they are starting on their 4th dose, with infection numbers rising.

Medics over there must be using buckets of the stuff, all 95% 'effective'??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bookstore said:

Got my booster 2 days with really no side effects. just felt a little down but thats all. first dose was AZ and the 2nd and 3rd were Pfizer. My doctor and all the staff at MedPark were great coundn't have asked for better care. Now if they will just open the bars I will be OK

How many weeks after first jab of Astra Zeneca did you get the first Pfizer ?

Thanks

On 9/9/2021 at 11:38 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

Short term side effects. 

My wife (who is 55) had a first dose of Sinovac about  weeks ago and was OK apart from a sore

arm. On Wednesday she had a second dose of AZ. She had a sore arm, a severe headache  and spent 36 out of the last 48 hours sleeping. I think another 48 hours and she will be back to normal.

This morning I had my first dose of Pfizer and luckily for me I have had no problems in the last 8 hours apart from a slightly sore arm where I was jabbed. I have to return on 4th October for my second dose, some 24 days later, a bit shorter time than 2 to 3 months. I am 77.

• Like 2