Thailand hopes to welcome tourists to Bangkok, top cities next month

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Look at it another way.

Last time I had friends (married couple) visit from Oz and we're in Bangkok for a few days (pre covid) I wanted to take care of them. Not in any special order. This is couple of things we did.

1. I took them to Saxaphone Bar (victory monument). Always great for some Jazz or Excellent Blues.

Currently Shut and unavailable.

2. I took them to Ratchada Night Train market. Fabulous joint food, stalls, music and bars. Most Bangkok folk would be very familiar. Currently Shut and possibly for good. Talk of large condo complex being built. 

3. Took them to Stumble inn, open air bar Soi 4. Great atmosphere and street food vibe. That Soi is currently a ghost town. Even last Xmas pre this current wave and bars had limited opening it was a ghost town. Hillary bar and others closed even when alcohol was allowed. 

I went to Pattaya for last year fireworks. Bars semi open. Not much music. Stayed Beach Rd Soi 7 and 8 area. DEAD. Many big hotels closed/done. Very sad really.

We spend 6 months a year Koh Samet. I guess if you want to sit on a beech for couple of weeks that place is an option.

If your a tourist don't even think of Thailand right now! 

Demand and supply ...

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, cclub75 said:

Sure !

"Hua Hin Today: Only people who have been fully vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 test result will be allowed to dine in at restaurants in Hua Hin from 1st October"

Source : https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/vaccine-proof-needed-to-dine-in-hua-hin-restaurants-from-oct-1/

Stop the non sense. Scrap all Covid so called "restrictions". Open up the country.

Further, expats that were vaccinated outside Thailand cannot get at present this Certificate of Vaccination. Therefore without a COV supposedly they cannot go into restaurants.

• Haha 1

But the city I left in the US IS doing all this unrestricted stuff.  Football games, parties, restaurants and bars open...with the risk dial at high & 150 cases a day (just in that town the size of Ch M).  This makes me wonder if CM will also play along to boost the economy.  What do you think?  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

This makes me wonder if CM will also play along to boost the economy.  What do you think?  Thanks

OK...one example. One of best music bars in CM is European bar.

Great bans. It's closed done. Owner tells me problematic future.

Yep come all the way from USA and look at the wall. 

Pic of Mike Euro bar CM. 

Those days a long way off! 

Screenshot_20210910-080356~2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, smedly said:

There is nothing open in Pattaya - 90% of the city is shuttered and closed 

it is even difficult to find a 7/11 open

Plus there still remains a curfew in place from 9pm 

madness 

And the floods washing away homes and Jomtien Beach road and the packs of wild dogs and derelicts starving on the pavement.  Very picturesque.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, cclub75 said:

Sure !

"Hua Hin Today: Only people who have been fully vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 test result will be allowed to dine in at restaurants in Hua Hin from 1st October"

Source : https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/vaccine-proof-needed-to-dine-in-hua-hin-restaurants-from-oct-1/

Stop the non sense. Scrap all Covid so called "restrictions". Open up the country.

Amen, we just have to learn to live with this virus and get on with life!

46 minutes ago, houstoniron said:

I just returned to Thailand from the USA and am in a quarantine hotel, I am now on day 4. I am in a very good hotel. I have a good android box and books. I am going stir crazy. I just cannot image why any person or family would come to Thailand and go through even a shortened quarantine. Sure a small number will come but not enough for the country to recover. The only way to get tourists back in the numbers needed for a meaningful and sustainable recovery is to eliminate this quarantine on arrival and greatly simplify the mounds of paper that is required today. 

A desire for tourists to return does not in itself mean that they will come.

Why not do the Phuket Sandbox instead? That is my plan for October. After 14 days, I will go to Pattaya.

47 minutes ago, houstoniron said:

I just returned to Thailand from the USA and am in a quarantine hotel, I am now on day 4. I am in a very good hotel. I have a good android box and books. I am going stir crazy. I just cannot image why any person or family would come to Thailand and go through even a shortened quarantine. Sure a small number will come but not enough for the country to recover. The only way to get tourists back in the numbers needed for a meaningful and sustainable recovery is to eliminate this quarantine on arrival and greatly simplify the mounds of paper that is required today. 

A desire for tourists to return does not in itself mean that they will come.

Thanks for report. This is not a wind up question. Am interested.

I can understand the folk with ties here coming such as family etc.

I assume your in that group.

If just here for holiday....what do you hope/expect to do while in Thailand. 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Really sounds to me that you don't live in Thailand. If you do, you don't get out much.

Simple question. One example. Do you enjoy the Bang Saen Speed Festival? When is the next one likely.

For many businesses and attractions it's not a matter of lifting the roller door and putting out "open" sign. As I mentioned in earlier Ratchada Night Train Market is an institution. Google it.

It has closed and according to many reports will never open again. 

I do not live there , but i do know what you mean . Yes the Train market will be gone for good , like many other places . Many things will return , some will be gone for good but will be replaced by others , until the old version just would be only a memory . Covid did speed up a lot of things , but the rule in general stays .

Do not be a doom and gloom person . Business come and go , as long as the demand is there that's what always been happening all around the world . Some things will remain in people's memories as they liked it and it is gone for good , but that is always the case . I also remember many things from 1st times in Thailand , things which are gone and do not come back , but it's called change , some for the good , some for the bad . Some business will open tomorrow when possible , others will take longer but will open also as soon as possible ( places which do require more planning ahead ) .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1