A "new model" maybe....?

swissie

14 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

Yes, unfortunately the best of women become more selfish as age increases. It's the same for men. The real issue is if you give in and give her children, which she is sure to demand in her 30s unless she is extremely stupid or there is something wrong with her fertility. Because once you have children that really takes a major toll on a woman's looks but above all her character. Because a woman that needs to deal with children inevitably turns into the bosshound from hell, and that spills over into day to day discourse. So that's added to the usual increase in selfishness, headstrongness and other issues that arise with advancing years in terms of women.

So any man who stays with his crumpled, headstrong woman of 55 and beyond truly deserves a medal.

Of course any man who takes the risk and tries to build a new relationship also deserves a medal for his courage. As men we are in a very difficult position, not as difficult a position as women obviously, but still an impossible position really.

Do you stay with a loyal good woman, whom you've trained to cook and clean to your liking, who was once attractive but has now slipped from a 7.5 to 6 and the slide is only going to get worse, the headstrong, selfish behaviour will only get worse? Or do you risk it all to start anew with a younger woman who is a little prettier, a little more fun, where you can experience the romantic love delusion, but will ultimately end up in the same place, ie her demanding children, marriage, being a bosshound from hell.

It's down to personal preference really, some men prefer the second more exciting option, others choose the safer slightly less interesting option. Both are very difficult to pull off. If money were absolutely no issue, most men would probably pull a Bezos or Gates.  But like I said, even Bezos will find that his younger Ms Sanchez will not stay the appealing romantic dove she appeared to be at the start. It's really a devil's choice.

Speaking for myself, I'd have stayed with my wife as I cleverly picked one young enough to still look attractive by the time I crossed the great divide.

What I didn't figure on was her changing from my lovely tilac into the screaming monster from hell.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Speaking for myself, I'd have stayed with my wife as I cleverly picked one young enough to still look attractive by the time I crossed the great divide.

What I didn't figure on was her changing from my lovely tilac into the screaming monster from hell.

She young

You old

Why stay?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How old were you, how old was she?

And how long did the change take in terms of her character?

4 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

How old were you, how old was she?

And how long did the change take in terms of her character?

Irrelevant. I left her because she became someone impossible to live with, and that could happen whatever our respective ages. My first partner was my age and also became impossible to live with within 5 years.

I'll only say that she was not a youth when I married her.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Irrelevant. I left her because she became someone impossible to live with, and that could happen whatever our respective ages. My first partner was my age and also became impossible to live with within 5 years.

It could happen regardless, I'm just curious why you think you would have not seen her age. That's why the ages would be of interest and quite relevant.

46 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:
48 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

And it's not just looks, as age goes on character too always gets worse, as the woman is less interested in pleasing you, more wilful and headstrong, more difficult to deal with generally.

Dude, mine is like 26 and already fits that description most times. Once they know it is a sealed deal, they get back to their selfish life usually it seems.

I don't have children and I don't want children so at least I won't walk into that trap.

Most of the time I am happy with my long term girlfriend. But a few years ago there was a time when she thought giving me headache and bringing up old stories is a good idea. I told her she should not do that and she continued. And then I started to see another girl and the existing model realized there are two options: Be nice or it's over. The new girl didn't work out. But the good news is that the existing model realized that it's time to be nice again. She still remembers that and she is mostly still nice.

I think as bad as it sounds sometimes Thai women need a reminder that there are lots of pretty young girls out there who are willing to be nice to a farang who gives them an easy life.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, you want  loving relationship and you also want to cheat on her by being unfaithful .

You want a Female to be devoted to you , stay at home taking care of your every whim and needs   , whilst you are out regularly playing the field .

You need to choose which one you want , either being in a relationship or being single as no Woman of any caliber would accept her Husband having numerous affairs  (Unless she was doing the same)

Or you are careful enough to get away with it. Some guys are able to do that - unfortunately I am not part of that group.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, you want  loving relationship and you also want to cheat on her by being unfaithful .

You want a Female to be devoted to you , stay at home taking care of your every whim and needs   , whilst you are out regularly playing the field .

You need to choose which one you want , either being in a relationship or being single as no Woman of any caliber would accept her Husband having numerous affairs  (Unless she was doing the same)

Well exactly. Man needs to choose. Either

1) Stay with the ageing wife, who is not as attractive, not as pleasant, and both of those will only get worse, but at least you know you have a connection and she cares for you and takes care of you

2) Leave the ageing wife, start anew with a more attractive, more pleasant, more fun, younger woman, but know that this same woman will age in turn, want children, marriage, and will not be as pleasant at 55 as she is now (so same problems, just delayed)

3) Stay single, enjoy a string of sexual encounters with people with whom you do not connect on a deeper level, who do not care for you, have no children, and find you are 68 and can then no longer have sexual encounters, or don't even want them because of testosterone decrease.

None of the above is really satisfactory. I suppose the best option maybe 2, if you then happen to be so old that you miss her becoming repulsively old, and do not see her character change, ie you die before that happens. But timing that is almost impossible.  And whenever you see an older man with a very young woman you always know he's her poodle, because he has to do whatever she demands because her sexual market value is so much higher. It's quite sad to see as well.

No matter what you choose, as a man you can't win.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't have children and I don't want children so at least I won't walk into that trap.

Most of the time I am happy with my long term girlfriend. But a few years ago there was a time when she thought giving me headache and bringing up old stories is a good idea. I told her she should not do that and she continued. And then I started to see another girl and the existing model realized there are two options: Be nice or it's over. The new girl didn't work out. But the good news is that the existing model realized that it's time to be nice again. She still remembers that and she is mostly still nice.

I think as bad as it sounds sometimes Thai women need a reminder that there are lots of pretty young girls out there who are willing to be nice to a farang who gives them an easy life.

• Haha 2

Wife ask me that question once!  Once I stopped rolling on the floor her helping me up I said " are you <deleted> crazy " it has taken me years to get us right I'm too old and tired to start again with all the headaches!  The grass is never greener!  Like the guys say renting is much cheaper and easier!???? 

Reverse?  I was once asked by a regular or as noted " rental "  she wanted to be my Mia Noi  I just responded with a smile but deep down inside I was thinking why would I want someone else treating me like a dog?  ????????

• Like 2