Next Fortnight Crucial in Decision to Ease More of Thailand’s COVID-19 Restrictions

webfact

Let's look at Phuket which they claim has worked so well.

1. More than 200 cases per day, several days running.

2. Only 15% of hospital beds currently available.

More restrictions = less cases

Less restrictions = more cases

Sure, let's OPEN those borders, EASE those restrictions. Is Thailand anywhere near 15% vaccination yet?

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Can't deport me. I'm Australian and my country won't let me back in. 

You could try hiring a boat to take you to the coastline of Australia and declare your self a refugee . 

But the way the  Australian government  treats refugees that could be rather chancy .

Let's not get over excited the Corivirus numbers are down today tomorrow who knows usually after a weekend up 

In 2 weeks who knows what the numbers will be 

I am hoping they open Bangkok up in October but they also need to have alcohol available in restaurants 

Bars and clubs probably not 

11 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Let's look at Phuket which they claim has worked so well.

1. More than 200 cases per day, several days running.

2. Only 15% of hospital beds currently available.

More restrictions = less cases

Less restrictions = more cases

Sure, let's OPEN those borders, EASE those restrictions. Is Thailand anywhere near 15% vaccination yet?

Up north they stay out later, check less and drink a lot, relative low vaccination rates and no issues since day 1 that are significant. ''Only 15% hospital beds available'' of what is assigned for COVID only perhaps.

Hearing the same stories from Isaan, where they just go around and about, only on real incidents close that down right away. Otherwise, no big issues either. More or less restrictions does nothing to this virus.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

27 minutes ago, itsari said:

You could try hiring a boat to take you to the coastline of Australia and declare your self a refugee . 

But the way the  Australian government  treats refugees that could be rather chancy .

In that case he needs to slip into the US on the southern border then he can get all kinds of freebies 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike k said:

I'm still hearing motorcycles after midnight 

but a very lower % anyway , cars too..., but also very low % ....happy with it , any disadvantage has a advantage ..... so also the curfew ...????

Edited by david555

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the fall to 15,000 in daily new cases seen recently is a result of the lockdown imposed since July 20th and mass vaccinations

Delusion is more rampant than Covid, werent todays cases 12,500 pcr and 6,400 antigen positves.

Thats a daily total of circa 19k, not including any possible number of home tests not reported.

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

So if cases fall and they then decide to open things up again . Cases would surge again and they would have to go back to restrictions . 

Isnt that a foregone conclusion or am I missing some information ?

Covid aint going away.  All countries need to live with it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Currently the hospitals are at capacity because they are full of both sick and A-symptomatic people.

If restrictions are lifted and A-symptomatic people quarantine at home, as they do in the UK, the hospitals will replace those A-symptomatic cases with more sick people in the short term - but at least the economy will start to run.

So its a choice - (i) hospitals filled with sick and healthy people and no economy (ii) Hospitals filled with just sick people and a functioning economy.

We have to live with this gift from China, the gift that keeps taking livelihoods, so open up the economy.

Fort Detrick is not in China from what I remember..????

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So what's that mean. Curfew remain 9pm and no bars allowed open along with 'encouragement of tourists' to holiday Oct 1. 

Brilliant business plan. 

Plus being vaccinated.

Having a PCR test

And antibody test.

Just to get in.

Seriously mentioned today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, david555 said:

Of course you don't know the permafrost (  century's and century's frozen underground ) is defrosting now , not only frozen mammoths' there but probably also awakening unknown viruses and microbes  from before  ice age ......

The Next Pandemic Could Be Hiding in the Arctic Permafrost | The New Republic

In the summer of 2016, a heatwave washed over Europe, thawing permafrost in the north. In the Arctic soil of Siberia, bacteria began stirring—anthrax, to be specific....

more...

guy's put your money investments in Pharma shares ....????

Wow! I guess there is something to look forward to. ????

Thanking Western civilisation for all the good times to come......

6 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Currently the hospitals are at capacity because they are full of both sick and A-symptomatic people.

If restrictions are lifted and A-symptomatic people quarantine at home, as they do in the UK, the hospitals will replace those A-symptomatic cases with more sick people in the short term - but at least the economy will start to run.

So its a choice - (i) hospitals filled with sick and healthy people and no economy (ii) Hospitals filled with just sick people and a functioning economy.

We have to live with this gift from China, the gift that keeps taking livelihoods, so open up the economy.

5 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Only 15% of hospital beds currently available.

Reason enough to close down the island.

You need spare beds for emergency patients like heart attacks, car accidents, etc.

Its very odd way of doing business this "Sandbox" fiasco.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jorgendk said:

Have to be caerfull about the vacine.

I read somwhere that a lot of peopel that get vacinaned when they are older than 70, will die during the next 30 years.

Apparently it doesn't do much for your spelling either! ????

• Sad 1

Imagine all of these people so seriously ill that you have to do a ramped up PCR test to say they are sick. The world has redefined what it means to be sick. Vaccines used to be given so your body has the ability to know how to fight it so you are immune to the virus. The new definition is now you still have the same viral load, can still spread the virus but might not get as seriously ill. Maybe we can redefine closed businesses next so it seems like they are still open. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, apetryxx said:

When oh when will those in this government learn that we just have to live with this virus? If one is vaccinated the morbidity and serious complications drop dramatically. Constant publication of infection numbers just scares the uninformed and serves no purpose. 

Dead right! But at least in Thailand the recovery rate is also highlighted, unlike In Britain where the media and  the other doom goblins focus relentlessly days by day on infections, hospitalisations and deaths.

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

It seems that with these idea they want to grab the stick at both ends, bring in millions of tourists and at the same time keep all those touristy places closed of severely curtails their business from opening up fully, i'd like to see how they going to mange that...

@ezzra  have your cake and eat it comes to mind

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Wow! I guess there is something to look forward to. ????

Thanking Western civilisation for all the good times to come......

So western civilization is the only ones using fossil fuels there are no vehicles on the road here or tractors in the fields