COVID-19: Thailand reports 14,555 new coronavirus cases, 171 deaths

webfact

57 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

“The governor expects the 70% full vaccination target to be hit by October 22nd, but the campaign may be sped up if more doses of vaccines are allocated to the city.”

Wow a whole week later. How to make a headline. 

From that link the Governor also says “the campaign may be sped up if more doses of the vaccine are allocated to the city” 

Thats a big if

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

If I were you I would wait for another headline then that says "Bangkok is opening up on the 22nd of Oct" presuming they've got the extra vaccines needed and are able to administer them all in time, oh and as long as they have approval from CCSA meeting.

Be patient. Worst case they will wait until December once the vaccine target is met, or probably sooner going by the post above targeting key tourist area. 

The  only argument at the moment seems to be start of start of October, mid October or December. 

Worst case It will still be open a year or so earlier than many of the regulars have been predicting over the past few months

Edited by Kadilo

8 minutes ago, drenddy said:

If they test lot more, positivity rate will drop.

Nevertheless, it is high.

I agree. The thing is if they test more as in true mass community testing which has never happened from the very beginning the numbers of infections would be very high which doesn't suit the lie the "govt." is pushing. Everybody knows this or should know it. Very low testing = under reporting. Now add the home ATK tests and the numbers are even more under reported. In this world sadly many can have the wool pulled over their eyes. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Imagine being in a position where you are giving 3 million people the third shot while others have not even received their first but that's exactly whats happening, its not the peoples fault, its this governments disastrous vaccine plan.

It is strange how they have managed this. 

I would have thought some of the far Northern villages where there is virtually no Covid recoded would have been lowest priority but many o am familiar with have been fully jabbed for a while 

3 minutes ago, drenddy said:

Positivity rate, as well number of new infections are for scare the <deleted> out of people, but they dont show the real picture.

If you test for chlamidia on Pattaya Walking Street, you will have a high positivity rate.

If you do it around a temple, not so.

Thats why  it is pointless to report daily infection numbers, it's just for click and bait, views.

Of course  it had meant something in the beggining, but now, we are tired about it

Well most are I would say.

Some still live by them and their every movement but as I say the death rates are already low and Thailand is currently ranked 124th on the world/ million population 

Edited by Kadilo

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

It is strange how they have managed this. 

I would have thought some of the far Northern villages where there is virtually no Covid recoded would have been lowest priority but many o am familiar with have been fully jabbed for a while 

Not strange at all, its a complete mismanagement of the vaccine plan, right from the very start in their priority allocation, clear evidence for this there is no disputing it.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not strange at all, its a complete mismanagement of the vaccine plan, right from the very start in their priority allocation, clear evidence for this there is no disputing it.

Actually on a local level the

villages seem to be managing it very well. 

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I’m talking about my own personal experience on a local level, so no. 

great not my experience on a personal level with the many family members my wife has in the villages in the North East, personal anecdotes however does not make a vaccination plan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mommysboy said:

Well the overall stats say something different. As of a couple of weeks ago a lousy 6.7% of Thailand's estimated 10.9 million older people had been fully vaccinated.  Yet over 30 million vaccines had been administered.

Obviously different areas are rolling it out in different  ways. Here was old vulnerable people first,

as it has been on most countries. 

Edited by Kadilo

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Obviously different areas are rolling it out in different  ways. Here was old vulnerable people first,

as it has been on most countries. 

Obviously a total you know what then on the national level?

95% of deaths are in the older age groups.

The first two in our household to receive vaccines were 23 years old.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smedly said:

what tourists - have you not noticed they stopped publishing arrival number since the end of August - The Sandbox rip off model has failed like most on here said it would - it was marginally better than ASQ

Just some stupid ones......

This year so far, 169,221 children have been infected with #COVID19. The saddest part is that 378 have lost at least one parent: 184 lost their father 156 lost their mother 3 lost both parents 35 have no guardians Most of these children are in Pattani, Narathiwat & Yala.

E_et57LVQA8ImnY.jpg.74208f11d7722ce269f42e8acd897c81.jpg

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1438809824691515399

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Have they manipulated the cases so badly that they don't give the cases per province anymore????

Not in the English language only in Thai, which is of no use to most of us.

Top 10 Provinces with the highest Covid-19 cases:

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1438765362451861508

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Have they manipulated the cases so badly that they don't give the cases per province anymore????

We manage to get this info.

Health officials on Thursday (Sept 16) reported 71 new COVID-19 cases, 23 were found in Hua Hin.

71 new COVID-19 cases in Prachuap Khiri Khan, 23 were found in Hua Hin (huahintoday.com)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Well most are I would say.

Some still live by them and their every movement but as I say the death rates are already low and Thailand is currently ranked 124th on the world/ million population 

Again. You keep saying this but every expert in the world says DELTA is a totally different thing. Like a new pandemic in it's own right. From April 1st this year I'm pretty sure Thailand would not be ranked 124th. I have previously posted a comparison between the UK and Thailand with deaths attributed to B.1.617 from Apr 1st to Sept 15. Thailand has almost double the deaths in this period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has not yet made a decision on the reopening of Bangkok to fully vaccinated and COVID-19 negative international arrivals by October 15th, but mandatory quarantine will remain in place for visitors or returnees to the city, according to the CCSA today (Friday).

No CCSA decision yet on Bangkok reopening on Oct 15th, quarantine remains - Bangkok News - ASEAN NOW - News, Travel & Forum

• Like 1