Thai woman in Denmark “Happy to be deported”

webfact

9 hours ago, law ling said:

Thereby teaching others that breaking immigration and (I presume) labor laws there will just get you deported (and no other penalty?) ... almost makes it worth a try.

Did I miss the 30 day prison (jail ) sentence?

12 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

She also might not have to repay any remaining "debts" she still owes to the traffickers in Denmark who brought her to the massage parlor and most likely held on to her passport which also could be attributing to her happiness.

Codswalop! The vast majority of these girls come of their own accord - chasing what they see as 'big bucks'. There's lots in the UK, some overstay, some work for 6 months, go home and come back a year later.  The only time they cry 'Trafficked' is when they get caught!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, perconrad said:

She will also be banned for entry to EU Schengen countries for 5 years

Once you entered EU, not much risks to be deported if you don't agree. Around 10% of illegal immigrants are actually deported, unfortunatelly.

13 hours ago, bbko said:

"She had for some time wanted to leave herself but she didn’t have the money for the ticket back to Thailand."

Does this mean she was given an airplane ticket to return to Thailand?

In France illegal immigrants are paid to accept being deported and they don't pay for the flight. I guess the same there.

13 hours ago, perconrad said:

Denmark is a nice country, we pay for the expenses to deport the offenders.

Same for France. UE is a colander. Restrictions for people enterring legally, but illegal can do whatever they want and are even given free health insurance and home !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, daejung said:

Once you entered EU, not much risks to be deported if you don't agree. Around 10% of illegal immigrants are actually deported, unfortunatelly.

Agree. I would never have believed it untill is saw it first hand.  My Thai friends mother and boyfriend went to Spain on tourist visa and never returned.  Opened illegal 'massage' shop. Several years later their daughter (my friend) got into Europe by basically leaving the cruise ship she worked on when it went into port.

They are now  EU citizens and she married a polish guy.

It seems easy for people with nothing to loose to get in there. If it goes wrong they get their flights paid for to return home. 

• Like 1

Thailand should also follow Denmark's example for 30 days prison for people who overstay a long time.

Do most European countries implement imprisonment instead of just a fine?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Virt said:

Some of our newer prisons here in Denmark are crazy good when it comes to the "cells"

Try and scroll down a little to see one of the cells in one of the new prisons.

https://www.bt.dk/politik/rystet-over-forhold-i-nyt-faengsel-det-er-dybt-stoedende

Personally I'm not a fan of inmates having such cells.

Wow! Cells with ensuites. I'm thinking no one tries to escape.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, law ling said:

Thereby teaching others that breaking immigration and (I presume) labor laws there will just get you deported (and no other penalty?) ... almost makes it worth a try.

I think she is getting a month in the Danish prison ?

Two posts have been removed:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family is above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules will result in an immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

On 9/25/2021 at 9:24 AM, law ling said:

No big deal.

She probably gives a better massage than your average Danish masseuse.

Off topic posts and replies discussion deportation of illegals in the UK have been removed.

Inflammatory posts and replies have been removed. 

A post with content that was copy and pasted from some site without a supporting link has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

A music video troll post has been removed.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

EU is a country handing out citizenship, now, is it?

Terminology night not be correct. I mean they got passports / ID and and all the documents for all her family and kids easily enough after just keeping a low profile for a few years. 

Basically once get citizenship to a country in the EU you are free to live, work, buy houses and travel / stay in all the countries there....which I can not longer do after UK had Brexit. 

Maybe if I leave Thailand I can go live with my Thai friend and her family illegally and see if I get given EU status....but I suspect the rules are raciest. Lol