Fifty-nine people arrested at illegal birthday party in Bangkok, drugs also reportedly found

Jonathan Fairfield

12 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Hotel manager covering his assets.  If not they would have arrested the manager.

Why do people keep dong this.  I know it is young people but it would be smarter to hold it at home than in an hotel

I think 59 in a home environment would still break the emergency decree laws.

Op photo seems to show a lot of pretties in attendance, would be difficult to pass them all off as family members.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Why do people keep dong this.  I know it is young people

It is particularly young people, in this "up to you" culture and its lack of discipline. It begins with their parents, then continues with their education. I have many students who never do any work because they know they'll pass regardless. Out here in my village a large group of boys lay about playing mobile games, then ride motorbikes back and forth all day. In other cultures there'd be ultimatums, do this or the phone's getting taken, do that or no motorbike. Make yourself useful, do something around the house. Start a project, do your homework. Not so here. I've never seen them with a book open, never seen a tool in their hands.

I teach intl adults online and tell them of this situation, and the Covid and learning at home, and lack thereof. They always ask, where are their parents? I say to them hah, you think they care? At least out here in the country they're more polite. Back at a previous BKK private school, I've had papers pushed back and had shouted at me "No!", from the brats with their latest iPads, driven there in BMWs, one of the many reasons I left. So yeah, "What Covid? What restrictions? We're having a party" doesn't surprise me at all.

• Like 2