85% of teachers must be vaccinated before schools reopen

webfact

Thai-School-Flag.jpg

The Ministry of Education has announced guidelines for the reopening of schools, wherein 85% of teachers must be fully vaccinated first and schools can conduct both onsite and online classes with no more than 25 students in one classroom and they must remain at least 1.5 metres apart.

Permanent Secretary of the Education Ministry, Supat Champathong, announced the guidelines for the new school semester, which is scheduled to start this November, and students and parents are advised to get inoculated in accordance with the guidelines set by the Ministries of Education and Public Health.

The Education Ministry has been preparing for the mass inoculation of millions of students, aged 12 to 18, before the new school term starts. These inoculations will start on October 4th and the second dose will be administered three weeks later.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/85-of-teachers-must-be-vaccinated-before-schools-reopen/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1

Good luck with that figure.  Educated Thais have already recoiled from having the Chinese vaccine (so beloved of Anutin!).  I attended an abortive attempt in Pattaya yesterday for the AZ vaccine.  They were turning people away well before opening time time (9am) as they only had 500 doses!  No wonder Chonburi is closed for business.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You think? Why? My school has been told we can reopen mid-October, if we meet the criteria.

Students need to be double vaccinated, at least the 12+ year olds. 5,000,000 (their number) double jabbed in 1 month? My school is saying Dec 1 maybe for in class learning. 85% of teachers/staff. Well I guess they're going to have to do a lot of 3rd shots for those that had Sinovac. Open early is always a risk. According to the experts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes. There were similar rules last time. They lasted about a week where I teach!

Where I teach it was......a joke. I expect the whole house of cards to come tumbling down as usual here. Everything they propose never really works.......The vaccine rollout is no different. 

• Like 1

You need to vaccinate every teacher, custodian, cooks.

What's the brain dead idea to just vacvinate a percentage of the teachers.

English teacher vaccinated, next class, unvaccinated maths teacher.

You don't have herd immunity rules in a school.

Ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Because someone higher up came up with the figure of 85% out of thin air and no one dared question whether there was any science or logic behind it....  (Krieng Jai)...   It would certainly make sense to ensure that all teachers and ancillary staff are fully vaccinated and it can’t be that difficult to achieve. 

Yes!

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Because someone higher up came up with the figure of 85% out of thin air and no one dared question whether there was any science or logic behind it....  (Krieng Jai)...   It would certainly make sense to ensure that all teachers and ancillary staff are fully vaccinated and it can’t be that difficult to achieve. 

I saw a video from the US a couple of weeks ago (don't have the link, sorry) where it was suggested for the Delta varaint, at least 85% should be vaccinated. It's probably nothing to do with that information, but 85% is better than 60-70%. The other 15% can get infected to make up the numbers. 

3 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Where I teach it was......a joke. I expect the whole house of cards to come tumbling down as usual here. Everything they propose never really works.......The vaccine rollout is no different. 

Probably your school was not very strict. Where I work it was very strict - to the point of being painful (no cases for months, yet have to go throungh all the masking , social distancing business. And NO activities at all. So the kids were basically doing online what they were doign at school !

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Students need to be double vaccinated, at least the 12+ year olds. 5,000,000 (their number) double jabbed in 1 month? My school is saying Dec 1 maybe for in class learning. 85% of teachers/staff. Well I guess they're going to have to do a lot of 3rd shots for those that had Sinovac. Open early is always a risk. According to the experts.

Shouldn't be an issue at my school.  I wonder who checks the students' vaccination status?

Edited by brewsterbudgen
Grammar

Many businesses in the US are now saying get jabbed or get fired, and it's working. Recent studies have shown there are NO microchips in the vaccine, so THAT'S a relief.

Were I a parent, I would want the school to have 100% vaccination for ALL staff - teachers, custodians, cooks etc.

Edited by HappyExpat57
formatting
  • Like 2

Just now, Midwit said:

you have had covid already should you get jabbed?  I think not.

Ye, you should.

"So this is why we still recommend that even if you've had COVID infection, that you should go ahead and take the vaccination when it's available to you, because the vaccine then serves as a boost to the immune system."

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/media-resources/science-in-5/episode-50---do-i-still-need-the-vaccine-if-i-have-covid-19

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Many businesses in the US are now saying get jabbed or get fired, and it's working. Recent studies have shown there are NO microchips in the vaccine, so THAT'S a relief.

Were I a parent, I would want the school to have 100% vaccination for ALL staff - teachers, custodians, cooks etc.

That's very altruistic of you, but isn't it more important to ensure you and your family are fully vaccinated?  

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

NO microchips in the vaccine

Funny.

No one has invented a microchip that small.

Smart phones are tracking people all the time.

If people are that paranoid they need to ditch there phone.