Honda crv

1FinickyOne

I am driving my second CRV. I had the first for 5 years and I've had the current one for two years. I am an old man and I wanted a comfortable car for long journeys. I have had no problems with either car. The mileage is good (nearly 14 kms / litre), the car handles well, it has good acceleration, and it is very spacious. It is not flashy, but it looks nice. It is also quiet, so that I can enjoy music on a long journey. The only complaint that I have heard is that the rear seats are a little hard. My driver's seat, though, is great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, roath said:

HRV is a lot smaller and less comfortable if you're used to a CRV. The Everest is a climb-into vehicle as basically a booted version of the Ford Ranger. The CX5 is equivalent to the CRV but the brand isn't seen as good as Honda so there don't seem to be as many of them. Has the CX8 been released now? The new Toyota Cross looks interesting and worth a look (particularly if you don't mind the lack of AWD). The MG HS is competitively priced, but not used older technology and has more questionable build quality than Honda from some reports (Chinese built?) PS I have an 11 year old CRV and think that they are a great platform and very reliable. Am sure that the newer models are even better

I agree the Cross is worth a look, particularly as it costs almost 50% less...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, roath said:

HRV is a lot smaller and less comfortable if you're used to a CRV. The Everest is a climb-into vehicle as basically a booted version of the Ford Ranger. The CX5 is equivalent to the CRV but the brand isn't seen as good as Honda so there don't seem to be as many of them. Has the CX8 been released now? The new Toyota Cross looks interesting and worth a look (particularly if you don't mind the lack of AWD). The MG HS is competitively priced, but not used older technology and has more questionable build quality than Honda from some reports (Chinese built?) PS I have an 11 year old CRV and think that they are a great platform and very reliable. Am sure that the newer models are even better

I have G3 2.4 EL,good reliable car but in the city it is really thirsty  7.5 KM per liter

54 minutes ago, Crusader said:

Bought my CRV 10 years ago...what a bargain, and it still looks like new.

Fully serviced every year by Honda.

Looking for a new vehicle next year...do not like the shape of the newer CRV, so will probably upgrade to a Porche Cayenne.

That's one big leap of an upgrade.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I looked at a crv 10 years ago and liked that it was suv height but you did not have to climb into it. 

I looked at a girl 10 years ago and liked what I saw, also that she was thinner than me, I didn't have to climb on-board.

However 10 years later I'd look at a different model.

:sorry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrJ said:

have my CRV 5 years now, very reliable, good and cheap Honda sercvice, just 1 new battery after 3 years...can highly recommend, would go for the gasoline version 

My 2002 CR-V is still a great car. Of course that old, some replacement parts but a lot cheaper than buying new. I also prefer the size over the new larger CR-V. Think mine is more the size of a BR-V?

17 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

My 2002 CR-V is still a great car. Of course that old, some replacement parts but a lot cheaper than buying new. I also prefer the size over the new larger CR-V. Think mine is more the size of a BR-V?

I have a 2019 crv awd diesel. Not my wife got used to dricving it, I'm stuck driving her swift. lol The good thing about the crv is the comfort and good ride height (good for the floods). I think both the petrol and diesel will be replaced with a 1.5turbo and also a hybrid version at the next model. I like the torque fuel economy and normal 9-speed gearbox (9th gear is for +130km/h) over the petrol version, and is the main reason I got the diesel. Nothing wrong with the petrol version, but can be heavy on fuel in the city. 

On 9/29/2021 at 4:30 PM, seedy said:

It has a CVT transmission.

Ensure that the fluid drain schedule is maintained.

If I had one from new I would halve the interval.

And only use Honda fluid.

I agree.

Only use genuine, certified fluids from Mr Honda.

My AWD 2.4L CR-V is 10 years old and very satisfying, BUT...

Once a decade is not too frequent to want a little change and I'd really like to get a 2022 Toyota RAV-4.  In my long life I have owned two Supras and an ES300. I wish Toyota would give me the opportunity to own a RAV-4 here in Thailand.

31 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

My AWD 2.4L CR-V is 10 years old and very satisfying, BUT...

Once a decade is not too frequent to want a little change and I'd really like to get a 2022 Toyota RAV-4.  In my long life I have owned two Supras and an ES300. I wish Toyota would give me the opportunity to own a RAV-4 here in Thailand.

Is the Cross not pretty much a Rav4? Same platform I think...

Fair question.

Is Toyota Corolla Cross bigger than RAV4?

The Corolla Cross is three inches taller and longer than Toyota's smallest crossover, but most importantly it rides a full two inches higher off the ground—8.2 inches for most trims—which is very close to a regular RAV4.

The Cross has significantly less passenger space and luggage space.

They need to stretch it a bit.

My partner and I have a CR-V and love it.  We have the current model type.  It is very comfortable, good acceleration, very stable, easy in and out, not too big and not too small.  We love that it easily swallows up anything we buy--usually with room to spare.  The rear doors open very wide.   Great for trips--we had a very nice driving trip to Phuket and have driven it several times to CM--where we loaded it up with treasures we found. Have not had any problems.  We will likely buy the next generation when it comes out.

I drove the new design CRV for one year.

I was very disappointed indeed.

Drank loads of gas.

Bad handling.

Terrible centre console set up.

Honda sedans are good. Not the CRV.

Toyota SUVs are better even if they're based on the Hilux truck 

46 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

I drove the new design CRV for one year.

I was very disappointed indeed.

Drank loads of gas.

Bad handling.

Terrible centre console set up.

Honda sedans are good. Not the CRV.

Toyota SUVs are better even if they're based on the Hilux truck 

The Cross is based on the Corolla, not the Hilux 

The CR-V is based on the Civic platform.

Honda CRV, since it's inception many years ago, have increased it's "stuff" to the point of overloading. keeping some original components, it has increased in size, weight without improving basic components like bushings and such. About 7 years down the road Honda service center will hit ya with 50,000 service bill just to change "basic" stuff, including the notoriously <deleted>ty air condition compressor (google it). The four wheel drive stuff is cool until you realize that's the reason you need to change tires every year for a total of about 16,000 to 20,000 baht depending on what tires you like. On my latest rear wheel driven pickup, I still use the tires that was supplied with the car 4 years ago when I bought it:), And about same mileage for both cars in same amount of years.

Edited by AlQaholic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unibody vs body on frame Safety

Because it doesn't rely on heavy steel rails like those of a body-on-frame vehicle, unibody construction cuts significant weight out of the vehicle, allowing for better fuel economy. It also offers better handling and ride comfort and is safer, since the entire body can absorb the energy forces in a crash.

https://www.autonews.com/article/20170626/OEM01/170629864/body-on-frame-vs-unibody-pros-and-cons

• Thanks 1