Do you shower before getting in your condo pool in Thailand?

bbabythai

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

Our village has a quite large saltwater pool…and yes everyone showers before entering the water.

Also ALL have to wear a swimming hat, even those like me who don’t have any hair…

Reminds me of several years ago in France.

We went to a campsite swimming pool for the afternoon.

All OK until we walked out to the pool in our swimming shorts.

"No shorts allowed,. Only briefs." we were told. Budgie smugglers as we call them.

But they did politely offer us some to wear. So we were not turned away.

Don't know what the thinking was behind that.

2 hours ago, Pravda said:

My condo building has 2 pools. One on the bottom floor with hot/cold water showers in the toilet and rooftop with outside shower next to the pool. I always use the pool downstairs because I hate showering with cold water. I will go upstairs only if I'm alone with wife and no I won't shower.

I shower before I have a shower.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, murraynz said:

If anybody told me to take a shower before using pool at my condo.. I would tell him to F off.. 

I'm not dirty... What a bloody cheek 

It's not being "dirty" it's about rinsing off chemicals, debris, etc. 

If someone politely asked you and you came off with that response. You're being a bit of a <deleted>.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is more hygienic to take the shower before entering the pool. It removes natural body oils, sweat and other 'potential' things from your body (crumbs, hair, buggers ????, rug fibers, dirty, etc.).  If you've just had one before coming down, you can politely explain that to anyone, like the polite man who approach you at the condo. No way would I be upset or defense with someone who approached me. It just means they care about the place and the facilities.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 8:53 PM, EricTh said:

I go into swimming pools quite often.

I notice that almost all Thai will take a short shower just before going into the pool, the ones that don't are usually foreigners from certain countries.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. 

In this case, when in Thailand, do as the Thais do

Not when driving, or queue jumping I hope. ????

On 10/3/2021 at 11:33 AM, murraynz said:

If anybody told me to take a shower before using pool at my condo.. I would tell him to F off.. 

I'm not dirty... What a bloody cheek 

It would all depend on his manner. When people speak to me or I go to see someone, if they are nice to me, I am nice back, if they raise their voices to me, I raise mine back. That means anyone, police, a boss at your work, an immigration officer. If anyone threatens me with violence, they end up on the floor no matter where we are, though that has never happened in Thailand. I find Thai people very non confrontational.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 10/1/2021 at 8:01 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Yeah, it's a common courtesy to shower first. Pretty much a common rule most places.

Yes it’s is a rule all over the world…there are showers inside and outside for showering before you get in for hygienic reasons and to get the chlorine etc. off your skin afterwards.

Even in Canada’s natural hot spring areas there’s showers unless you’ve hiked way back in????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think I sat next you in a beer bar once in 1997...  you were telling me some amazing tales of your SBS days and offering some excellent advice on close quarters combat with nothing but a beer mat and a handbag... ????

Definitely not me, I don't drink, and I stopped my karate classes about 10 years before that. ????

worldwide common “shared” pool etiquette & hygiene standard is to be Publically SEEN to shower poolside every time before entering water, regardless of unseen prior private cleaning activity ……

surely all rational adult pool users know this………otherwise judged as uncivilised/thoughtless / dirty.

brave of that guy to approach and raise it with another adult male…….probably an uncompromising type ……who knows how to handle himself……

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Be Cool….stupid bravado / decision to escalate threat of violence with actual violence….. likely result is hospital or prison…..or worse…..Unless you are Scott Adkins with skills and nothing to lose….

WALK AWAY, always…..its hard….i know…. but you never know just who you are dealing with…….

the most harmless looking person could just be a stone cold psycho pencil killer from the movies…. or pull out a concealed gun or knife….or call over his five mates…or have police / mafia connections……

.oh yes….just count to ten, stay quiet, eyes on and walk away….. let it go …..or plot discrete cold third party retaliation, especially if wife or kids threatened by some madman…..offending foreigners can be hospitalized for 500 baht via a trusted local…….

whilst you're all showering before getting into the pool the Indian tourists I witnessed at certain 5 star hotels pre-pandemic were all washing their sandals and flip flops in the hotel pools and all in there wearing clothes etc. It was indeed like a scene from the Ganges and I just thank my lucky stars I had headphones in cos they didn't half make some noise!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

well sometimes I can let rip privately with my infamous “ Simpsons Burp Trophy” (Buffalo Burp) effort inside my sealed house alone which nevertheless penetrates the glass windows and wooden shutters and “carries” 100 yards or so…… 

Yes….,there would be no doubt in my mind you’d live alone!

You almost sound proud of yourself….pretty immature ????

Now #8 on my Ignored Losers list….????

Edited by Kanada
  • Sad 1

kanada: you take yourself pretty seriously. i dont live alone but have a large property. 

bigger losers are those with a charisma / personality / humour bypass….. sound familiar ?

i have a tremendous loud sneeze as well ! curious these are considered “loser” behaviour …. ?

worse things than being occasionally and harmlessly immature……..

both considerably safer than drinking, drunk driving, drug taking or wife / kiddie beating wouldnt you say….now THATS Loser stuff , from which Im Free…. or are these perhaps examples of “ mature”  behaviour ?

I usually threaten enough people who try to swim without shower first, to be sure that they do it. If they don't, I just push them in the shower.

Worst of the worst, people living in the condo and who reply that they already showered in the room : son of a monkey, do you think that I was in the room with you to check ?! SO I DON'T CARE ! you shower in front of other pool users to show that you have a brain, and then you shut up !

• Like 1
  • Sad 2