School Children being told they have to be jabbed

On 10/2/2021 at 8:08 AM, Johnny Mac said:

So the school my 12 year old attends are saying all pupils need to be jabbed? I'm not comfortable with this, but what choice do I have apart from moving her and it may be the same at others schools anyway?

Is it an option to have your kid do an antibody test? If that comes back showing an antibody reaction, then that means your kid has had Covid without realising it. That would provide similar immunity to (if not better than) a vaccine. Maybe the school would accept that in lieu of vaccine. 

It's a hard choice for kids of that age. FWIW, the UK guidance is:

Those aged under 16

The following groups of children and young people are also eligible, following previous JCVI advice:

12-15-year olds ‘at risk’ with the underlying health conditions specified below:

• severe neuro-disabilities,
  • Down’s Syndrome,
  • underlying conditions resulting in immunosuppression, and
  • those with profound and multiple learning disabilities, severe learning disabilities or who are on the learning disability register
  • Children aged 12 years and older without underlying medical conditions who are household contacts of individuals (adults or children) who are immunosuppressed.

https://www.essexcovidvaccine.nhs.uk/coronavirus-vaccine/vaccinating-young-people-aged-16-and-17/

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

IF the government can be believed, then school children will get Pfizer. I am a disbeliever where government announcements are concerned.

Yeah who in there right mind would believe a govt I believe in the scientists and doctors. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 8:28 PM, DavisH said:

You can bet some wil refuse that as well and will demand teachers somehow teach them online which they are teaching students attending classes. I dont think it would be a PCR test, but probably an ATK saliva test. 

The one up the nose or saliva that you can buy from a pharmacy. I may have got the name wrong

On 10/2/2021 at 4:13 AM, LongTimeLurker said:

The un-vaccinated are not going to cause the virus to mutate as it can already affect them in its current state, it is the vaccinated that the virus has to work out how to make sick, and mutate in order to make them sick.

Wrong. Viruses naturally mutate on their own. EVERY single time someone gets sick, it mutates ever so slightly  before they spread it. Vaccines lower your risk of getting sick. If less people are getting sick, then there less people  spreading the mutations.

The unvaccinated rapidly spread the virus and leads to mutations that is hard to stop.. such as the Delta and South Africa variants.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2021 at 9:22 AM, DavisH said:

Your child will eventually be exposed to covid. We all will be. My son is 18 and just had his second shot of Pfizer. Not many side effects on the second shot. Just a sore arm.

A 12 y.o will have a fully developed immune system, so they can take a vaccine. I would try to follow the data coming out from the US. It seems they are using lower doses on kids, as can be expected. 

Personally, I would not send an unvaccinated child to school - we know that the vaccinated can carry and spread the virus, and due to beign vaccinated, many may have few or no symptoms, so they may spread it widely before it is detected. Hopefully, mask wearing, distancing, and possible frequent atk's in schools will limit that, but the risk is still there. And 85% of teachers will need to be vaccinated, leaving 15% unvaccinated. 

That is what clinical trials are for. They test for saftey and proper dosage. It makes sense the dosage for kids should be less.

In the US, they are requiring teachers to be 100% vaccinated or go on unpaid leave. The antivaxers are going to the courts now.

Here is a article I read about happened with a unvaccinated teacher. A kid came in sick and infected the unvaccinated teacher. She took off her mask to read a story. She infected the first 3 rows of her class!

Edited by hioctane

49 minutes ago, happy me said:

I did. I am refering to the Ministry of Education statement a few days ago stating that schools cannot make it mandatory.

I'd not seen that, but it's certainly good news.  Hopefully the OP's daughter's school will backtrack.

Our school gave out a survey to the parents of 10+ year olds to see who would be interested in Sinovac. There was no indication of ut being mandatory to attend school again.

Pfizer is available for the 12+ students. I get the impression their letter implied that if they didn't get it they would have to study from home.

12 hours ago, falang1969 said:

For me, I have had 2 Pfizer jabs, but I am 50 odd and to be honest, having had the vaccine I am quite happy....I've put a lot worse things in my body over the years!

However, when it comes to my two kids aged 7 and 2, a different story.....

In the UK, just 25 under 18's have died from Covid, most of those 25 were high risk group = probability is 2 in a million kids will die from Covid!

So, why vaccinate a child with a vaccine that is relatively new, why not give it 5 years to see if there are any serious side effects.....remember thalidomide, used for cold, flu and morning sickness in pregnant women!?

Personally, I would be dead against my kids being vaccinated yet and would go to the extent of changing schools or moving back to the UK, that is the extent of my feeling on the subject.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer by any means, but why vaccinate kids that don't need it? It's us oldies that could potentially die from Covid, so why not just leave the vaccinations for us?

I'm with you on this 100%. The kids shouldn't be forced to jab for the sake of others who have been vaccinated. Or if your decision was not to be vaccinated, don't think of forcing kids to be vaccinated for your sake.

On 10/2/2021 at 4:34 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Well of course if it's voluntary, refunds wouldn't be necessary.  I was commenting on the OP which is about only vaccinated kids being allowed to go to the school! 

According to the news today, it's voluntary...

16 hours ago, hioctane said:

That is what clinical trials are for. They test for saftey and proper dosage. It makes sense the dosage for kids should be less.

In the US, they are requiring teachers to be 100% vaccinated or go on unpaid leave. The antivaxers are going to the courts now.

Here is a article I read about happened with a unvaccinated teacher. A kid came in sick and infected the unvaccinated teacher. She took off her mask to read a story. She infected the first 3 rows of her class!

I read about that teacher is the US school. I think 14 or so students became infected.

In terms of laws, who knows what will happen in Thailand. I did see a job abvery for a foreigner in ajarn.com that required the new teacher to be vaccinated. I have nor heard of any such rule for teachers renewing contracts here. Nothing has been mentioned about this where I work - but it seems all the Thai teachers and ancillary staff have been vaccinated - as will, it appears, most of the high school students. 

16 hours ago, hioctane said:

Wrong. Viruses naturally mutate on their own. EVERY single time someone gets sick, it mutates ever so slightly  before they spread it. Vaccines lower your risk of getting sick. If less people are getting sick, then there less people  spreading the mutations.

The unvaccinated rapidly spread the virus and leads to mutations that is hard to stop.. such as the Delta and South Africa variants.

My concern is with Africa, whre only 1-2% have had one dose. 

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

According to the news today, it's voluntary...

Unfortunately... it's "compulsory-voluntary"...

Because, the condition for the schools to reopen is 85 % of students > 12 years vaccinated  (+ staff and teachers).

Therefore, if many students "voluntary" say "no" to the vaccine, then the school will remain "voluntarily" closed. ????

But again, the whole process is totally "voluntary". So individual freedom is protected...

• Haha 1

I didn't even take the time to read all these comments from people who know think they're doctors. All I want to say is teachers are in the same boat. Scary times. We have no choice and it's all about what the mainstream says. I miss the 80's and 90's.

On 10/2/2021 at 8:14 AM, tonray said:

Did it worry you this much when she got all her other childhood vaccinations ?

How on earth can you make this comparison?

Giving the vaccine to young children, who have close to zero risk from Covid, for the benefit of older people is criminal. 

• Like 1

abe81a5496a3e41ca0ab93f685f7077b_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 5 October 2021 (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health has issued the latest vaccination guideline for adolescents aged 12-18. Boys in this age group will get a single dose of the Pfizer vaccine, as health officials are waiting for more concrete data about possible side effects.

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is currently the only COVID-19 vaccine provided to this age group.

In the new guideline, girls will be fully vaccinated with two doses about three weeks apart, while boys will receive only one dose initially, as health authorities need to monitor possible side effects like heart inflammation.

Myocarditis which is an inflammation of the heart muscle, or pericarditis which is the inflammation of the outer lining of the heart, were reported as rare side effects from COVID-19 vaccination using mRNA vaccines, particularly among younger men and teenage boys.

Amazing....

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

abe81a5496a3e41ca0ab93f685f7077b_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 5 October 2021 (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health has issued the latest vaccination guideline for adolescents aged 12-18. Boys in this age group will get a single dose of the Pfizer vaccine, as health officials are waiting for more concrete data about possible side effects.

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is currently the only COVID-19 vaccine provided to this age group.

In the new guideline, girls will be fully vaccinated with two doses about three weeks apart, while boys will receive only one dose initially, as health authorities need to monitor possible side effects like heart inflammation.

Myocarditis which is an inflammation of the heart muscle, or pericarditis which is the inflammation of the outer lining of the heart, were reported as rare side effects from COVID-19 vaccination using mRNA vaccines, particularly among younger men and teenage boys.

Amazing....

Nice one......It sounds like all kids are in the control test group....

• Like 1