Mexico, Thailand and more could be removed from red travel list

webfact

8 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

If you are needing to travel back "not red" would mean you can just do 5 days isolation at a place of your choosing with test and release instead of 10 days locked in the gulag. 

Yeah sure, slight difference for people who need to return, but meaningless for those who want to return but not desperate which i presume is most people.

4 hours ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

BBC has printed the new list and Thailand still red.

That is the list for countries traveling to from UK not arriving in UK. However it would be strange if they removed Thailand from the incoming red list under these circumstances 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wiggy said:

I think you’ll find it’s genome testing. As far as I know gnomes don’t get Covid ????

They only get it a little, and the infection period is shorter than normal. It's strange they get it at all, though, given the amount of time they spend outside.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I did some digging when it went red into two subjects 1) AZ acceptance and 2) red list. What I stumbled on was the red list has a scientific committee doing assessments and they concluded that Thailand was not undertaking/sharing enough reliable covid data for a positive assessment to be made.

And yet Malaysia has used AZ from Thailand, South Korea. Not exclusively but would anyone in the UK choose to differentiate on which people had which vaccine from where? The AZ used in Thailand has also not been exclusively produced in Thailand.

The question of reliable data may or may not be valid but I have a feeling there is an underlying political bias.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

That's the dream for Thailand.

It almost certainly won't happen due to the presence of a certain Beta (South Africa) variant in Thailand - that's what I heard.

I will be very surprised if Thailand is not one of the very short list of countries which remains on the list.

1 - Due to the variant

and

2 - Due to their choice of vaccines

That said, I like surprises yet I'm rarely surprised.

Due to only 30% being double vaxxed?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

lack of testing

lack of gnome testing

vaccine choice

mix and match without proper study

dose reduction of 75% and unapproved admin without proper study

manipulation of data that fools nobody

I didn't know gnomes could get it????

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

That's the dream for Thailand.

It almost certainly won't happen due to the presence of a certain Beta (South Africa) variant in Thailand - that's what I heard.

I will be very surprised if Thailand is not one of the very short list of countries which remains on the list.

1 - Due to the variant

and

2 - Due to their choice of vaccines

That said, I like surprises yet I'm rarely surprised.

But Cambodia ????????  used the Chinese vaccine and are not on the RED list?

5 hours ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

BBC has printed the new list and Thailand still red.

Is this the list you're referring to?

"The full list of destinations for which the Foreign Office has eased its travel advice is: Algeria; Armenia; Bangladesh; Belarus; Benin; Comoros; Tokelau and Niue; Djibouti; Equatorial Guinea; Fiji; Gambia; Guinea; Kazakhstan; Kiribati; Kosovo; Liberia; Madagascar; Malaysia; Marshall Islands; Micronesia; Nauru; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Solomon Islands; Togo; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu; Congo; America Samoa; French Polynesia; and Ghana".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58822439

This Foreign Office list of travel advisories is totally seperate from the list of actual Red Listed countries from which travel to the UK is restricted and hotel quarantine mandatory for those who are able to travel to the UK, an annoucement is expected later today, I think from the Transport Minister. 

I can't find a link from the BBC for the proposed changes for red listed country, I'd be grateful if you could point me in the right direction. 

Would be very surprised if Thailand was dropped from the Red List even the Thai AZ is not recognised in the U.K. and the Chinese vaccines are a no go . Thailand shot itself in the foot by being stubborn by deciding to go down there own route over vaccines I suppose it was all down to if they had , then no nice thick brown envelopes would of been enriching the already rich in Thailand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Completely irrelevant if its red or green until they recognize the AZ jab taken here.

Not quite correct.    if Thailand moves to the Green List and in the absence of recognition of AZ Thailand all that is required is 10 days quarantine in your own home.  No great hardship and not irrelevant in my thinking personally.   Plus I am confident that come January 2022 WHO will have approved the vaccine made by Siam Bioscience following the September 2021 submisssion to WHO for approval.

1 minute ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

Not quite correct.    if Thailand moves to the Green List and in the absence of recognition of AZ Thailand all that is required is 10 days quarantine in your own home.  No great hardship and not irrelevant in my thinking personally.   Plus I am confident that come January 2022 WHO will have approved the vaccine made by Siam Bioscience following the September 2021 submisssion to WHO for approval.

No the end of the world if you are retired or work from home, but is a fair obstruction to those who work full time in Thailand and have limited time to get back to the UK and back to Thailand again.

5 hours ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

How should I know, ask the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58822439

If the list published by the BBC is read fully, this clearly states that a new list is to be decided on and listed on Thursday and should refer to the list of red countries in S.America and Asia. Let‘s see if the to be published list excludes Thailand a.o. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I thought the official announcement was today?

It is. 

In their rush to be the first with the bad news, he, along with a few others are getting yesterday’s announcement confused with the red list announcement today. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2