The difference between a good and a bad person, wearing a mask or not?

jvs

14 hours ago, jvs said:

Will the wearing of masks here in Thailand ever end?

I think not in the near future.

The title bears no relationship to the OP.

But I'll answer the title ........... only the morality of the person judging can decide the answer.

There is no absolute good or bad.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

"I was vaccinated against Covid twice and really see no reason why i should keep wearing a mask other then it is the law."

You can still spread it for up to a week if I remember reputable findings, you could still get a case, tho milder and not requiring hospitalization.

Wearing a mask is easy, if you get a good N95 mask breathing is not difficult, and does show consideration of others.

"Actually, putting on a mask here is not optional, so saying you put one on (suggesting you're a good person to do that) when you go out is irrelevant as it is mandatory and hefty fines can be given if you don't wear one. You will not be about to enter any shop without one, so you might be able to get some street food, or have it delivered, but you won't be doing any grocery shopping.... even at the local 7Eleven. "

I have yet to see anyone even told by cops to put on a mask, let alone fine of any sort.

Just yesterday I was in Tops & there was a farang wandering around inside. I told the staff and they did nothing. 7/11 is better about that, but there have been times when farangs have mask on but not covering noses. Only works if they are mouth breathers...

• Like 1

I just stepped out of my car and was waiting for my wife who was buying some food in an open shop... I did not anticipate going in but just said a few words to my wife from outside... the shop owner asked me to put on a mask and I immediately apologized and got my mask - - and the shop owner kept on apologizing to me... people can do this in a friendly manner... 

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

There is no absolute good or bad.

That's only 50% correct... 

Good people may or may not wear a mask.

Bad people pretend to wear a mask, by not putting it over their nose or by putting it under their chin. They are deceitful, but who are they deceiving? Themselves.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good people do the right thing and follow the orders of their betters without question. 
The graveyards of history of full of bad people who didn't follow the orders of their betters without question. 
They all deserved what they got as people must always do the right thing no matter what if their betters order them to do it.

Edited by ArcticFox
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Wearing a mask is arguably the easiest of all COVID public health measures to follow.

I suggest the OP ruminate on the part the disparate ideas of collective responsibility and individualism play in attitudes to mask wearing and public health measures in general.

Touche' ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArcticFox said:

Good people do the right thing and follow the orders of their betters without question. 
The graveyards of history of full of bad people who didn't follow the orders of their betters without question. 
They all deserved what they got as people must always do the right thing no matter what if their betters order them to do it.

Right now the people winding up in graveyards are by a even margin those not following the advice of scientists, doctors and government.

Free thinking libertarians swallowing lies and conspiracy theories.

Dead is the new stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see Thais wearing masks including nurses at the nearby hospital who go across the road to the Mom and Pop shop for their lunch and after work for their beers. I also see them talking noisily, maskless after work, sharing food, and swigging beers at the same shop in groups of six or more!

Covid obviously clocks off at 5pm.

I drive through my village, they are all there, groups of them, maskless, eating and drinking alcohol on the floor or those low tables, no social distancing, no handwashing, nothing.

They won't change in Isaarn.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 8:59 AM, JensenZ said:

Does this mean when you're in your own country, you don't abide by the rules?

Actually, putting on a mask here is not optional, so saying you put one on (suggesting you're a good person to do that) when you go out is irrelevant as it is mandatory and hefty fines can be given if you don't wear one. You will not be about to enter any shop without one, so you might be able to get some street food, or have it delivered, but you won't be doing any grocery shopping.... even at the local 7Eleven.

My guess it will be a long time before Thais don't have to wear them.

Sorry, I did not read the whole of the OP title.

18 hours ago, ArcticFox said:

If you are a good person you shouldn't have "betters".

Based on observation, the people either not wearing a mask or wearing a mask improperly (nose & or nose/mouth not covered) are about 8-10 to one Thai - farang over Thais.... This is generally accompanied by a f-u attitude & verbal aggressiveness when told by employees to correct....

When in for my (farang) Pfizer jab in seated queuing, about 7ft to my left sat a man who'd taken off his mask and for the next hour sat there picking his nose & wiping on his pant leg....

To my right & behind me sat a group of 6 people that had engaged in conversation.... They all slid their masks down to their chin so they could talk - total disregard for the reason they were there and the people around them that were trying to be cautious....

At the 2nd jab, while seated and waiting, a lady behind us couldn't stop coughing - the phlegmy loose type cough repeated about every minute = mask off....My wife and I took one look at each other, stood up & moved far away....

Are these "bad" people = maybe....Are these (at the least) thoughtless people looking stupid and noncompliant in a country that has mandated masks in public = for sure.....

We follow every procedure the Thai government mandates trying to keep our family safe.... Including 94/95 masks....

Do I get <deleted> off when I see people being careless - yep, but it's a lose lose to challenge/remind them = and they know it & count on it.....Anyone not being cautious is putting my family in jeopardy by being thoughtless, or worse.....

We don't invite masked or unmasked people into our house....

Why are they purposely, unsafely, forcing themselves in other people's proximity.....

They know their little display/campaign/rebellion does no common good.....

Are they bad - possibly....Wack jobs - possibly... Uncaring = certainly.....

Bet they mask up to go to immigration or around authority.....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

who would know if you are vaccinated or not?..I have been vaccinated but when entering a store it is no problem for me to put on a mask..It is uncomfortable but I would understand if any was offended should I not have a mask .

• Like 2