COVID-19: Thailand reports 10,035 new coronavirus cases, 60 deaths

webfact

COV11.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Monday (October 11) reported 10,035 new COVID-19 cases, 10,590 recoveries and 60 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

◼︎ 10,590 recoveries

◼︎ 9,955 new infections 

◼︎ 80 prison / prison infections

▶︎ Total infections since April 1: 1,692,056

▶︎ Total recoveries since since April 1: 1,565,477

Monday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 1,720,919 with 17,751 deaths.

The news comes as the Rural Doctors Society (RDS) has warned Thai people not to lower their guard, noting that COVID-19 infections in Thailand are not declining, as widely misunderstood. On the contrary, are increasing, averaging over 20,000 cases a day.

In its Facebook post yesterday (Sunday), the RDS says “please pay attention and be on the alert” as it pointed out at the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has shown two figures for new infections yesterday (Sunday), from different testing methods –  10,817 cases from RT-PCR tests and 10,055 cases from antigen tests.

*Thai PBS contributed to this report

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update11OCT).png

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Like 1

Phuket health authorities are reporting 164 new local cases , two cases from the Sandbox and two deaths. There are 3,663 patients in care . The #PhuketSandbox has had 142 cases since 1st July #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1447348215884304384

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Simplified chart from Worldometers this morning for the past 7 days shows Thailand still at #11 for all countries. for Overall cases since the start of Covid they are ranked at #24, and as far as overall deaths from the beginning they are at 253 deaths per million and ranked at #130 overall, but showing only 9,201,621 tests being done or 131,408 per million people, so they have been testing just around 13.14% of the population.

11     Thailand                                                                                                           73,463                                        670                          

As for the overall positioning of Thailand as far as the current 7 day average for deaths shows they rank at #14 just below Malaysia.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/#weekly_table

14 Thailand 73,463 670
Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

New vaccine combo injects hope for Thailand’s battle against COVID-19

If you are hesitant about getting a Sinovac jab to protect yourself against COVID-19, here’s some good news – the government is preparing to offer new free alternatives.

The Public Health Ministry said last week that it was seeking official approval for the AstraZeneca-Pfizer vaccine cocktail for people under the government’s free vaccination rollout.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/new-vaccine-combo-injects-hope-for-thailands-battle-against-covid-19/

• Like 1

Opinion: Thailand has to gradually stop worrying about new infection numbers

A few days ago, the parents of my daughter’s friend asked me if the number of cases Thailand was seeing was actually much higher than those we see on the news every morning. They had heard from some doctor friends that the rate of infection was being under reported by the ministry and by the government.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/33781/__trashed-4/

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Opinion: Thailand has to gradually stop worrying about new infection numbers

A few days ago, the parents of my daughter’s friend asked me if the number of cases Thailand was seeing was actually much higher than those we see on the news every morning. They had heard from some doctor friends that the rate of infection was being under reported by the ministry and by the government.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/33781/__trashed-4/

The one thing I took away after reading the article was this paragraph:

"There is also nothing wrong with this policy because eventually every country in the world is going to have to learn to live with SARS-Cov-2. The rate of infection and the multitude of current and future mutations means that there will never be a vaccine that eradicates this virus only vaccines that get better and better at mitigating its impact."

The writer is absolutely correct with his above statements, and eventually the numbers will be stopped from being reported as we move on from where we currently now.  However, in my view that will not be uuntil the vast majority are vaccinated and this Covid pandemic has been reduced to a footnote.

Another thing I find correct from the article is this:

"That doesn’t mean of course that the general public should take it easy and use relaxed regulations as a signal to be irresponsible. Mask wearing, social distancing, regular hand washing should now become a part of everyday life. It will never go away just like this virus. But as the entire world slowly builds its immunity towards the disease, so to should our mindset change about infection numbers and transmission data"

Live each day by putting one foot in front of the other, stay safe, protect yourselves and take care of your families.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Another thing I find correct from the article is this:

"That doesn’t mean of course that the general public should take it easy and use relaxed regulations as a signal to be irresponsible. Mask wearing, social distancing, regular hand washing should now become a part of everyday life

strongly disagree with that

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I just mentioned that in another thread, its the ones who don't report that you need to worry about although you cant blame them. As I understand it though, if a Thai takes a home test to find it positive then its worthwhile reporting it to get a food allowance and home medication if they are not suffering severe symptoms.

That is the caveat.  My GF's daughters fathers family all came down with Covid a second time before the daughter returned home from the hospital a few months back.  They all received a stipens, food vouchers with free delivery to the gate of the house as well as medication delivered. The people doing the testing kits then returned and gave them ore test kits and told them to call in with the results and then gave them a mailer to mail in the used kits for disposal and recording.  I do wonder what percentage of the disbursed ATK kits have been returned.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

strongly disagree with that

Care to expand on that Sir.  As part of learning to live with Covid, Mask wearing, social distancing, regular hand washing should now become a part of everyday life.  The caveat is the word should that is written.  Should is not a shall but can be defined also as a may.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thailand on Monday (October 11) reported 12,298 new COVID-19 cases, 10,590 recoveries and 84 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

2263   antigen tests

◼︎ 10,590 recoveries

◼︎ 9,955 new infections 

◼︎ 80 prison / prison infections

1 hour ago, thaitom said:

I am starting to question this today when the family  across the street last week were all tested and told they had covid, they were not taken to a facility ,just told to stay home. Now this family is suppose to have covid, A boy, a teenager, both parents who have AIDS ( one has a CD4 count of about 50 ) and their mother.  NOT one of them have any of the symptoms, in fact they all feel just fine.  Now the attitude among the neighbors is that Covid is nothing to worry about.

For the vast majority of people it isn’t.  

Would you rather they got all stressed about a family with no symptoms who are staying at home?

Edited by Kadilo

38 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Care to expand on that Sir.  As part of learning to live with Covid, Mask wearing, social distancing, regular hand washing should now become a part of everyday life.  The caveat is the word should that is written.  Should is not a shall but can be defined also as a may.

that picture you are painting is far from normal - washing hands being the exception

• Thanks 1

Just now, smedly said:

that picture you are painting is far from normal - washing hands being the exception

Should is not a shall and not a will. Each can do as they please but then we may, and I use the word may, be in this boat for a lot longer.

• Like 2

Health officials on Sunday (Oct 10) reported 109 new COVID-19 cases, 38 were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 33 cases were found in Pranburi, 6 cases in Sam Roi Yot, 7 cases in Kuiburi, 2 cases found in Thap Sakae, 3 cases in Bang Saphan, No-case found in Bang Saphan Noi, and 20 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan.

No new deaths were reported on Sunday but two additional clusters have been discovered in Hua Hin.

Oct 10: Prachuap reports 109 new COVID-19 cases, 38 cases in Hua Hin - Hua Hin Today English Newspaper Info, Reports, Events and News Social Life

• Like 1