PM can't wait any longer: 27 countries could be granted no quarantine access to Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, CARLO BALDASSARRE said:

That's just bad luck an you will quarantine mate ...

Where would they send you to do the quarantine if you are tested negative? And where would they put you if you are positive without symptoms? Just wondering!!

• Like 1

I have been waiting to get to Hong Kong. There is a 21 day quarantine period for arrivals from Thailand. Nobody is going to come from Hong Kong  as they won't be able to return to their HK homes without quarantine in HK. Opening up Thailands air corridors won't work if the other end is effectively locked.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Number of vaccinations, or% of popularion? What is the minimum? 

Criteria is based on total number of non-Karens even if there is a risk of Karens refusing to be vaccinated.

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Exactly! Foreign people are not the threat against Thailands Covid-19 recovery. Almost every country they are thinking of letting in has a higher percentage of vaccinated population. The problem is with the domestic situation i the country, that officials seems to be extremely uncapable of dealing with. On the other hand, that´s what happens when you only focus on Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Pattaya. Morons! The rest of the country have people that needs to be vaccinated too.

because you can catch and spread covid while being fully vaccinated, and you can end up in ICU, just look at Singapore, then I think you better have a good covid insurance policy, then will the hospitals cope,  if it goes belly up/ wait and see, watchful waiting I think its called.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Andorra, Australia, Bahrain, Czech Republic, Dominica, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Malta, Moldova, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Qatar, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Taiwan, Uruguay, Barbados, China and Croatia

Wonder how many visitors they would have had from the 20 additional countries in the past decade...

9 minutes ago, rbkk said:

I have been waiting to get to Hong Kong. There is a 21 day quarantine period for arrivals from Thailand. Nobody is going to come from Hong Kong  as they won't be able to return to their HK homes without quarantine in HK. Opening up Thailands air corridors won't work if the other end is effectively locked.

So if you travel to LOS with a negative rt-pcr ,and a double jabba certificate, then when you leave you suddenly get a positive rt-pcr you  might not be allowed on a plane and in the case of NZ you would  have to go into MIQ, thats if you can get a booking as MIQ is booked out for months at present.

• Like 1

I used my tarot cards, my 250 year old Romanian crystal ball, and tea leaves last night. I asked about the future of the Thai economy. I did not even try to take into account the near total closure of the tourism industry, which likely employs 5 million people or so, and used to account for 20% of the economy, or 3 trillion baht. I also did not consider the near shutdown of the entire airline industry and the airports. Same applies for taxis, bus services, mini vans companies, ferry operators, etc. And I also disregarded the slowdown in exports, and the massive withdrawal of foreign capital from Thailand. In addition, I did not consider the real estate sector. The developers, and the lack of buyers and renters, both commercial and residential. And how about all the residual income from foreigner "Adopting Thai women and their families"? Building 2-4 million baht hours, buying cars and trucks. Just one more thing we are given no credit for. 

What did I come up with? The tea leaves indicated that foreigners have lost confidence in this administration, the finance ministry, the justice system, the fight against corruption, the ability for the nation to move forward, and the currency. 

The crystal ball said it would be a four to seven year recovery, with real unemployment remaining between 26 and 42% for the next three years, and potentially going down to 19% within five to six years. It also said the actual support base for the leaders had fallen to between 1 and 2%. Mostly army members. 

And the tarot cards. My oh my, those tarot cards. They said the economy would contract by 16% in 2021, and that was over 2019. They said 2022 might improve to a contraction of only 9%, vs. 2019. My tarot cards not read year on year, as they know how useless that info is, during a pandemic. They also said condo prices would drop by an average of 44% nationwide, over the next five years, and it would take at least that long for the economy to recover. When I asked how long the recovery would take, the five of pentacles came up. 

The Five of Pentacles is a card of financial loss and poverty. You have hit hard times, especially when it comes to your work, career, finances, and material possessions. You may have recently lost your job, your home, or your financial security. You no longer feel safe because it has all been stripped away from you in one blow. Your ego may also be bruised, especially since success often correlates to financial wealth; losing either can be a humbling blow to your self-esteem and sense of self-worth. The upside is that this is a Minor Arcana card with temporary effects (rather than a Major Arcana card which has a longer-term impact). This, too, shall pass.

5 hours ago, 2long said:

Sweden?

Came last month from Sweden, had to Sandbox.

For ordinary tourists it doesn't matter as long as the Swedish goverment recommends against travel to Thailand your ordinary travel insurance is void.

7 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Unfortunately the vast majority can wait a lot longer.

They will just go elsewhere.

- Fail test on departure. Holiday kaput.

- Fail test on arrival. Holiday kaput.

Fail. Fail.

Weird thinking you fail a test imo. It means you have covid and therefore shouldn't be freely roaming around 

Having said that, instead of 14 days minimum in hospital they should do another PCR test to see if its a false positive and let you out if so. Even if you tested every 3 days and then let you out when negative would be much better than 14 days locked away

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

How?

You are from Australia aren't you?

you aren't even allowed to leave your own country

Jumping the gun…they can’t even leave their own state! 
Melbourne has a record 2000 cases today and ran by a bloke who loves control and won’t let go. Western Australia is another story..pfft…they want to leave Australia lol.

• Like 1

he could allow every country in the world to come but who is going to go thru all the c#ap we have to just to get here plus all the costs    there are still a lot of warm and cheaper places people can go to with no hoops to jump thru.. same old same old

A post has been removed:

In using ASEAN NOW you agree to abide by the following terms:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family is above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules will result in an immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.