2021: What's your favourite beer?

2021: What's your favourite beer here?  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Maybole said:

My favourite is not available in Thailand. In the summer it is "Fair Jenny's Jig" and in winter "Rabbies Porter" both made on the premises at the Glenpark Hotel in Ayr.

In Thailand. I cannot stand Chang, Leo is acceptable but slightly too sweet, Singha is better and the best of a poor lot is Tiger. It all depends on your own taste. As a highland barman told a tourist the "best whisky is the one you enjoy for yourself."

I still yearn after a pint of heavy in an Inverness pub, happy days.  

On 10/16/2021 at 8:28 AM, LawrenceN said:

Tapper. 6.5% alcohol in a 500ml can. Not bad tasting, either. Available in 12-packs at Makro. 

I tried Tapper and was much better than expected, at 6.5% i expected that petrol aftertaste you get with Cheers but instead had a nice taste. Think I'll start with 1 or 2 of these before switching.

Also tried San Miguel wheat beer, was nice, bit flowery\fruity but definitely nice for 1, no more.

I'm still preferring Singh Reserve as my switch beer

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The choices are so weak. Thai beer is so inferior. Beer Lao blows them all away. The officials are doing everything in their power to show fealty to the super rich owners of these insipid brands, and suppress craft beer, which could be a huge industry here. 

Topps has a very wide choice, must be 30+ different beers

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

suppress craft beer, which could be a huge industry here. 

I would guess that most of the beer consumed in Thailand is drunk by poor/working class Thais,  Craft beers would only work among a very small number of farangs and some city types trying to be trendy.  The Beer Barons here know their market. 

On 10/18/2021 at 10:46 AM, Doctor Tom said:

I still yearn after a pint of heavy in an Inverness pub, happy days.  

At home, I drink Tiger, which is pretty similar to Heavy in terms of quantity.
If I've been cycling I'll drink cider as my first choice.

If its a pub that can be trusted to keep and serve it well, I'll drink Guinness.

If it's a Carlsberg pub, I'll drink Kronenberg 1664 or Connors Stout.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The choices are so weak. Thai beer is so inferior. Beer Lao blows them all away. The officials are doing everything in their power to show fealty to the super rich owners of these insipid brands, and suppress craft beer, which could be a huge industry here. 

The Thai beer mafias surely don't want the competition. The most logical manner to suppress any/all comers. 

Which is a shame, as many Thai craft/micro beers are fabulously brilliant and fast becoming popular [consumed in-house only].

Edited by zzaa09
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Anyone know whether Makro do 12-pack of Singh Reserve?

Local Makro (PKK) finally do 12 packs of Kopper (Singh product) so I would think so.  Kopper being less known than a Singh branded tipple.

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Local Makro (PKK) finally do 12 packs of Kopper (Singh product) so I would think so.  Kopper being less known than a Singh branded tipple.

I'll look again, I didn't see it the other day but may have missed it. I haven't tried Kopper but isn't it 4+% alcohol? puts me off I want at least 5%