CP Group says Dhanin is a Thai national, not Chinese; threatens lawsuits

webfact

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

So you would swear down that our 6'3" Scotsman (no names) is a 100% fully paid up Thai and not Scottish?

I think it does not matter as the Bible says " All men should be treated as Equals "  and " Do not do onto Others what you do not want Others to do onto Thee" .. 
Too bad I just happen to be a good fearing man ... 

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, relax33 said:

I think it does not matter as the Bible says " All men should be treated as Equals "  and " Do not do onto Others what you do not want Others to do onto Thee" .. 

I don't think either of these quotations is found in either the Jewish or Christian bible.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Over egging the pudding?

Tell us which Thai-Chinese own DTAC.

Whilst you are at it, do the same for AIS. 

You 've got a point, great to know that DTAC is owned b the Norwegians
AIS was sold by Shinawatra to Temasek Holdings, The Singapore Investment arm but Singapore itself is run by Ethnic Chinese too..

But read up about the Thai Chinese on Wikipedia and you get the drift 
Thai Chinese - Wikipedia

"The Chinese control more than 80 percent of public companies listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand 
All the residential and commercial land in central Siam was owned by Thai Chinese. Fifty ethnic Chinese families controlled the country's entire business sectors equivalent to 81–90 percent of the overall market capitalization of the Thai economy.  "

So while knowing that DTAC is not Thai Chinese owned might be a relief to some, it is scant solace when you look at the big picture ..
Makes no sense for anyone who is Super Anti Chinese and am true to their belief to be staying in Thailand as they will only be contributing to the wealth of those that they disdain ...

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

So you would swear down that our 6'3" Scotsman (no names) is a 100% fully paid up Thai and not Scottish?

Do you understand that you're asking a circular question You define this hypothetical person as a Scotsman and then ask if he's fully paid  up Thai or Scottish.

If you're going to ask that question fairly you would ask whether this person whose nationality is to be defined is a fully paid  up thai or a fully paid up scotsman, or some mixture thereof. Instead you gave a choice of either fully paid  up thai or Scotsman.

And of course, it's only reasonable to specify how he was raised.. Did he grow up seaking the Scottish version of English, or Scots, or Gaelic

Or is he just someone of Scottish ancestry who was raised entirely within Thai culture. 

16 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I don't think either of these quotations is found in either the Jewish or Christian bible.

They are of cause not exact quotes as I do not write with the bible in front of me but what is written bears the same meaning..

Putting what is learnt in the Bible to practice is what matters, not the ability to quote it to the last word ...  ha

Edited by relax33
  • Sad 1

Just now, relax33 said:

They are of cause not exact quotes as I do not write with the bible in front of me but what is written bears the same meaning..

Maybe you can construe those sentiments in the Bible,. Maybe. but what you wrote certainly doesn't merit quotation marks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Do you understand that you're asking a circular question You define this hypothetical person as a Scotsman and then ask if he's fully paid  up Thai or Scottish.

If you're going to ask that question fairly you would ask whether this person whose nationality is to be defined is a fully paid  up thai or a fully paid up scotsman, or some mixture thereof. Instead you gave a choice of either fully paid  up thai or Scotsman.

And of course, it's only reasonable to specify how he was raised.. Did he grow up seaking the Scottish version of English, or Scots, or Gaelic

Or is he just someone of Scottish ancestry who was raised entirely within Thai culture. 

wow, so much ado about nothing, really tiring when folks cannot simply express themselves clearly 
But no playing with words here to detract from the subject matter, 
We are talking about racism and discrimination here ...

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Maybe you can construe those sentiments in the Bible,. Maybe. but what you wrote certainly doesn't merit quotation marks.

Please do not act in such a defeatist manner, just stick to the truth and be done with it ...
Go to Church and ask any pastor if you need any clarification, am not hear to do Bible class ...

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Come on, what is written is so freaking obvious that even a 7 year old can see through it, you are really making yourself look silly

Go bet with the UK bookmakers and see if the Bible says in practice that
a) All men should be treated as Equals
b) Do not onto others what you do not want others to do onto you .. this is the same as Treat Thy Neighbor like Thyself . ...

When money talks, you can be assured that they will whip out all the facts to grab your money ...
period .. Case close
Can't help you if you still have a problem comprehending things ...

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

You're right, his ethnicity makes no difference. But if you're buying stuff in Thailand, the fact one company dominates sales to such an extent, means that prices are higher than they ought to be were the business environment more competitive. And for people who live here, that means more money is coming out of their pockets than would otherwise be the case.

So what are you getting over charged for at 7-Eleven, Makro, Lotus??  Please tell me, prices in all of them seem pretty cheap, service is good.  How are they ripping you off??

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, relax33 said:

Thai Chinese - Wikipedia

Here's a very detailed dossier on the Thai Chinese, including their ties with the ruling class n a list of Thai PMs of Chinese descent ..

Sure. Chinese influences and power have been a part of Siam/Thailand for ages in numerous forms, even of those circles that we're forbidden to speak of. 

Yet, Chinese have had an historic influence throughout much of Asia.

No great revelation. 

11 hours ago, relax33 said:

Is that the same as a God fearing man?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, relax33 said:

But either a poor speller, typist or proof-reader. 

14 hours ago, relax33 said:

Come on, what is written is so freaking obvious that even a 7 year old can see through it, you are really making yourself look silly

Go bet with the UK bookmakers and see if the Bible says in practice that
a) All men should be treated as Equals
b) Do not onto others what you do not want others to do onto you .. this is the same as Treat Thy Neighbor like Thyself . ...

When money talks, you can be assured that they will whip out all the facts to grab your money ...
period .. Case close
Can't help you if you still have a problem comprehending things ...

You don't help your case when you put a paraphrase, if that,  inside quotation marks. As for what the Bible says and what it means, it can pretty much mean whatever you want it to. For instance nowhere in either the old or new testament is slavery condemned. In fact, Saint Paul explicitly tell slaves to obey their masters. How do you square that with "all men should be treated as equals?"

• Like 1

More likely someone just playing stock games.   I doubt Dhanin cares what the gossip is.   They (the Chearavanonts) make an effort to maintain their heritage and have never hidden that.

Pretty cool to be the #1 listing on Google when you search for your first name.  Even the most powerful person in the world (Putin) can't do that.   

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

You don't help your case when you put a paraphrase, if that,  inside quotation marks. As for what the Bible says and what it means, it can pretty much mean whatever you want it to. For instance nowhere in either the old or new testament is slavery condemned. In fact, Saint Paul explicitly tell slaves to obey their masters. How do you square that with "all men should be treated as equals?"

It's a bit like the original post - who cares? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If you genuinely didn't care,  you wouldn't comment.

I genuinely don't care about the original posting - although I read a few posts for the laughs generated by a few people getting their knickers in a knot over nothing. 

10 minutes ago, Artisi said:

I genuinely don't care about the original posting - although I read a few posts for the laughs generated by a few people getting their knickers in a knot over nothing. 

I don't care that you don't care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2021 at 10:49 AM, Will B Good said:

...If your parents are Chinese are you not Chinese?

For the answer to this question, you must consult Thailand's nationality law that was in force in 1929, the year when Dhanin was born in Thailand.

Edited by Puccini
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

Aside from all this gobbledygook nonsense, what do Christian biblical references/principles have anything to do with the Thai-Chinese subject matter? Almost baffled as to how some might work their Eurocentric promotions into themes that such doesn't belong.

Edited by zzaa09
  • Like 1