CP Group says Dhanin is a Thai national, not Chinese; threatens lawsuits

webfact

31 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Now, this is interesting.   According to Wiki: "Dhanin attended primary school at Sarasit Pittayalai School in Ban Pong District, Ratchaburi, until graduating in 1949 and went to graduate from high school in 1951 from Shantou No.1 High School, China."  So it seems he moved to China after Mao took over in 1949. Fascinating career move. I'm not sure what it says about his political leanings today.

As he was a child when he moved, and that might have been before Mao’s takeover, the above quote does not state when he moved, I doubt he had much choice in the matter. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

As he was a child when he moved, and that might have been before Mao’s takeover, the above quote does not state when he moved, I doubt he had much choice in the matter. 

Most families that could do so were running away from China in 1949. For some reason this fellow and his family went to China and he graduated from a Chinese high school. All that would hint at CCP connections.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

How can such a large Conglomerate as CP be so fragile, and insecure.

Every time there is some kind of stirrings about the business, or the people behind the Business, they automatically go into Law Suit Threat Mode.

Maybe a boost for the income !

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Most families that could do so were running away from China in 1949. For some reason this fellow and his family went to China and he graduated from a Chinese high school. All that would hint at CCP connections.

Or maybe the nationalist govt that was dominated by military elements, the civil wars or the brutality of Japanese occupation and expansion before Japan’s defeat in WW2 drove his family from China and only when they were ended with Mao’s triumph did they feel it was safe to return. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Now, this is interesting.   According to Wiki: "Dhanin attended primary school at Sarasit Pittayalai School in Ban Pong District, Ratchaburi, until graduating in 1949 and went to graduate from high school in 1951 from Shantou No.1 High School, China."  So it seems he moved to China after Mao took over in 1949. Fascinating career move. I'm not sure what it says about his political leanings today.

If you research on the history of Overseas Chinese, u will find that it was common for parents to want their kids to have formal education at relatively more established academic institutions in China during that time both for the quality of education n to inculcate a sense of tradition n roots into them ..
Most of today's established schools in Southeast Asia were in their infancy during that time ...

Its no different from a German guy presently with kids in TL who may like them to have some formal education in Germany at some point in time ... n u wouldn't say that they r heading to G to study nazism would you ... ha

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, relax33 said:

If you research on the history of Overseas Chinese, u will find that it was common for parents to want their kids to have formal education at relatively more established academic institutions in China during that time both for the quality of education n to inculcate a sense of tradition n roots into them ..
Most of today's established schools in Southeast Asia were in their infancy during that time ...

Its no different from a German guy presently with kids in TL who may like them to have some formal education in Germany at some point in time ... n u wouldn't say that they r heading to G to study nazism would you ... ha

I didn’t post the quote you quoted. 

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Or maybe the nationalist govt that was dominated by military elements, the civil wars or the brutality of Japanese occupation and expansion before Japan’s defeat in WW2 drove his family from China and only when they were ended with Mao’s triumph did they feel it was safe to return. 

Because things were so much safer under Mao? Right?  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Excel said:

Ok let us in to the secret. How much were you paid to write that ?

Wow,  doubt anyone will employ a noob like me for such tasks 
Am just stating the obvious to give a more truthful reflection of things ..
Guess sometimes we need to learn to appreciate life more, its just so easy to criticize but so hard to achieve things ...

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

His allegiance is the money, political leanings change with where the monies safe.

That might not be China at the moment, hence the I'm a Thai citizen.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, relax33 said:

Charoen Pokphand - Wikipedia
Here's a list of CP 's holdings, you will need to stop patronizing Makro, PTT n True too

And if you are against CP cos he's Thai Chinese, than read this on the holdings of Thai Chinese in Thailand ..
Thai Chinese - Wikipedia

Probably means you are better off not staying in Thailand if you intend to be true to your belief ...

Whatva stupid notion. Not only do I not use makro, true and ptt I have never used them in thirty years. Wake up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1