Will Pheu Thai’s shiny new image win it an ‘overwhelming’ victory?

webfact

8 hours ago, internationalism said:

just yesterday's article mentions thaksin former wife potjaman as the PM candidate.

After election Pheu thai is going to strike a coalition with PPP with prawit as candidate and possibly thaksin allowed to come back and serve as an advisor. That alliance was already formed several months ago, and attempted unsuccessful toppling of prayuth at the latest censure debate.

And that is why the previous leading figures of phua thai, sudarat and sampong, resigned in september,

That allinace is against future forward and against constitutional and monarchy reform movement.

Potjaman was granted audience with the king on 24th september.

"Potjaman’s return to the limelight came after rumours grew that she and Thaksin were increasingly alarmed by how the previous Pheu Thai leadership appeared to be leaning more and more towards political and activist groups calling for reform of the monarchy."

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/potjaman-iron-lady-of-few-words-but-strong-actions/

Interesting.

12 hours ago, Denim said:

They don't need re branding to win , just a level playing field , something that does not exist here.

They did not field candidates in many seats last time , relying on their stable mate in those areas.  

When that stable mate was nobbled , Future Forward was the beneficiary. This so alarmed those in power that Future Forward were hobbled to keep them out of the running.

So how does the playing field look now ?  Pretty pot holed IMO.

quote "So how does the playing field look now ?  Pretty pot holed IMO."

More like bomb craters to me.

TBH I don't think that it will be so easy for the EC to cheat at the next election.

• Like 2

And the result is in a surprise landslide victory Pheu Thai but wait no sorry your all in court Monday on defamation charges of fairly winning upheld by the supreme court and confoundingly in advance by the graft committee see you all in 10 years ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, riclag said:

Me Thinks the people in power now have all the keys and the election door is locked ! imop

Barring  some unexpected sickness resulting in death ,it will be same same

IMHO they are lacking one essential key, and that is the key of the Thai voters.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

15 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

And the result is in a surprise landslide victory Pheu Thai but wait no sorry your all in court Monday on defamation charges of fairly winning upheld by the supreme court and confoundingly in advance by the graft committee see you all in 10 years ????

Sad, but very true.

IMHO I don't think that the current "leadership" or the EC will find it so easy next time.

17 hours ago, candide said:

An historical perspective may also be enlightening. Unlike some of the yellow conservatives, Thaksin has always been supporting the current king during the 2000's. So it's not surprising  that he would now defend the monarchy. With Prem gone,  this faction in the yellow network (which was strongly anti-Thaksin) is likely much less influential. It may be that someone has not forgotten what happened in the past, and who was for or against him.......Thaksin may benefit from it.

even more  sad and "no change"

23 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Ah, you must be talking about all the vote buying PT does upcountry...

Personally, I hope they never win again.

I would rather see someone with a decent education, not a Military Academy graduate with probably the average Thai IQ of around 90.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2021 at 4:14 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Is Thaksin still connected to PT?

Is PT ready to tell their voters that they have nothing to do with Thaksin anymore?

The answer is obvious.

There is no question of who is the leader. There is only the question of who is a proxy. And proxies are interchangeable.

It's time that Thailand gets a real opposition without long established corrupt politicians and without billionaires who pretend to care for the poor.

But would a majority of Thais ever vote for honest competent people who are not connected to any existing corrupt establishment? I have my doubts. 

Your two paragraphs above are typically reflective of how things are done among the controlling systems the world over - though, in particular instances, some things are cleverly manipulated here and there to promote a surface appearance that there might be a difference. In the real light there truly isn't any difference. Thailand just plays the game it's been asked to - granted, with a hint of a different flavour. A magnificent ruse continues on for all of us.

On 10/23/2021 at 4:49 PM, Rampant Rabbit said:

Theyre  all sheite , the only half decent  bloke has been crushed

But could be easily resurrected given the right conditions - wishful thinking, but hopeful it can come about. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I would rather see someone with a decent education, not a Military Academy graduate with probably the average Thai IQ of around 90.

Think you are over rating it at 90....

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

But could be easily resurrected given the right conditions - wishful thinking, but hopeful it can come about. 

I believe many expect a resurgence in one capacity or another. 

There's just too many signs to expect anything otherwise. 

A change is coming - slow, but sure.