1 Night AQ Pricing for "Quarantine Free Entry"

16 minutes ago, Salerno said:

The Elegant ... ah, I see I didn't type fast enough 555

Thanks but after reviewing

I don’t see the point in paying for hotel in BKK, and then going to Pattaya.

I won’t faff around next morning looking for a bus or cheap taxi

I’ll bite the bullet and get a test & go package North Pattaya, its costing me approx. 800 more, and I can hop on motor bike next morning and be home in a jiffy.

Its not my money I’m wasting, it’s my wife and daughters money, I’m just spending it before they do

I still don’t know what date I’ll be traveling as I’m having work residence visa issue here, but it should be before end of this month

Edited by bolt
  • Like 1

People are really freaked out about sharing a taxi ride to hotel. The person sharing a taxi was covid free before flight as were all passengers on plane. Only vaxxed people are going to the 1 day hotel in Pattaya. So both people are vaxxed in taxi wearing masks, I don't see the problem.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

People are really freaked out about sharing a taxi ride to hotel. The person sharing a taxi was covid free before flight as were all passengers on plane. Only vaxxed people are going to the 1 day hotel in Pattaya. So both people are vaxxed in taxi wearing masks, I don't see the problem.

I think some hotels should offer private transport by paying a little bit more. It will be worth not taking the risk for an extra money.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Vaccines are imperfect, there are whats called ‘break through’ infections where people are vaccinated but still contract Covid-19. 

Additionally, Covid-19 doesn’t ’show up’ on tests immediately when someone catches it. 

The pre-flight PCR test minimises risk but does not eliminate  it. 

Thus, someone could catch Covid-19 a few days before they do their pre-flight PCR test and only become contagious a coupe of days later when they travel. 

Masks are not 100% effective, again, they just minimise risk not eliminate  it. 

Thus: IF one of person sharing the car is one of those rare cases where they have caught covid but do not yet realise so, then the other person is at far greater risk of catching Covid. 

As exampled by another thread, when the person tests positive they will be quarantined, as will the other passenger in the car, even if they test negative. 

I get it and understand all of it, yet I'll not over think it. If during my stay in the US where I mingled with unmasked, vaxx status not certain in restaurants and other venues and stayed safe I'll take my chances with one person plus driver.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zekelin said:

I think some hotels should offer private transport by paying a little bit more. It will be worth not taking the risk for an extra money.

below quote from hotel

Package Rate to go 1 night. ????

Included free transportation 1 way (Sharing Basis)
2 Meal / Person
2 Covid test /person (1RT-PCR,1ATK self test)

Incase if covid test positive will treat in Banglamung Hospital you have to pay extra for the Ambulance 5000.-  

For the reservation please send document required below :
- Passport copy
- Flight Ticket detail
- vaccine certificate

**Required full payment before issue the confirmation letter**

Thank you.

1 hour ago, bolt said:

below quote from hotel

2 Meal / Person

Incase if covid test positive will treat in Banglamung Hospital you have to pay extra for the Ambulance 5000.-  

- Passport copy
- Flight Ticket detail
- vaccine certificate

Thank you.

Yeah you booked the same hotel as the one I canceled. Good luck with your mystery shared passengers in the shuttle van (and 5000 for ambulance if tested positive, likely without symptoms, is outrageous)

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bolt said:

below quote from hotel

2 Meal / Person

- Passport copy
- Flight Ticket detail
- vaccine certificate

Thank you.

updated cheap is 4,500+1,500 for private car

Greetings!
Package rate needs to add for private as below

Yes 2500.-THB additional for Private VAN
And  1500.-THB additional for Private car (Sedan)

image.png.c2463398c06761141b964efa1684b4ac.png

Please advise if you want to proceed 

@bolt

Now you're at 6000 baht.

I'll stick to my 3900 at Bkk Airport hotel with my usual driver Ive used for 5 years taking me to Pattaya for 1200.

After wasting 3900, I'm sure the rest of the trip will then feel more normal for my return after 2 years ????

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

Are you talking about before or after you've completed 1 night test & go??

if its During your Test & Go, You cannot use your usual driver, unless he’s employed by the SHA+ -AQ hotel

Part of test & go states you can ONLY use HOTEL transport at airport collection, you cannot use any other, once you’ve cleared immigration and baggage collection you are Shepherded to the appropriate driver for your designated hotel, you cannot wander around the airport.

if its after completing your Test & go you can walk if you want, and save even more money 

On 11/11/2021 at 3:18 AM, aussiexpat said:

No travel to Bkk Airport hotel under the scam, I mean scheme and then once negative result comes in skip to Pattaya with my usual taxi service.

I just checked and the Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi hotel does not have 1 night test and go.  Am I looking at the wrong site?  Are you referring to another hotel in the airport I'm not aware of offering 1 night test and go?  

Edited by AlexCanada

On 11/9/2021 at 12:10 PM, aussiexpat said:

@ThaiVisaCentre

I tried to pay for my Pattaya hotel and they only gave me 2 options. 

1. Transfer money to their account

2. Use PayPal

I won't be signing up for PayPal and my bank has a minimum overseas transfer of $1000 (24,000 baht) so that won't work for 4700 payment.

I have a Thai Visa Card (debit card) but they said they can't take it?

Any ideas. Maybe just this hotel or is this the expected payment method of all?

Any thoughts appreciated 

From most countries, you can use Wise (previously TransferWise) to make the transfer.

5 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

I just checked and the Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi hotel does not have 1 night test and go.  Am I looking at the wrong site?  Are you referring to another hotel in the airport I'm not aware of offering 1 night test and go?  

said:

The Elegant Bangkok, it's in the OP link. It is 7 min drive from airport and has free changes if covid related or plane delays.  It's also 5 star with 3 meals so what better way to wait for a negative Test 

https://asq.in.th/asq-thailand-hotels/elegant-airport-hotel-bangkok-sandbox

On 11/11/2021 at 3:16 PM, bolt said:

Incase if covid test positive will treat in Banglamung Hospital

Banglamung is a government hospital, wouldn't touch it with a barge pole for Covid treatment.

On 11/10/2021 at 6:31 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Being around travellers is probably the safest thing you could possibly do since everyone needs to be vaccinated.

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

Being around travellers is probably the safest thing you could possibly do since everyone needs to be vaccinated.

No they don't. 3 schemes to enter Thailand, 3rd scheme is unvaccinated travellers that could be staying at same hotel under hard quarantine. 

• Like 1

In any situation if you can eliminate certain hazards, it will reduce your chances of testing positive or being a close contact

So if you flew alone you wouldn’t have to worry about close contact, whereas if you’re sitting next to someone your risk goes higher.

I’m going to fly business inward anyway, and I’ll insist on alone taxi from airport.

I’ve already entered LOS 3 times in last 18 months all with the COE and so far I’ve tested negative every time.

But back to the main point.

What Real tourist would go through all of this for a holiday =ZERO

I’m returning to see family

14 minutes ago, bolt said:

What Real tourist would go through all of this for a holiday =ZERO

Probably more than you think.

From the numbers i have seen about the Thailand Pass application it seems a lot of people are willing to do it.

There are lot of people that are regular visitors to here every year to get away from the cold weather that can be considered as tourists.

Most people that live here have already returned it they really want to.

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

No they don't. 3 schemes to enter Thailand, 3rd scheme is unvaccinated travellers that could be staying at same hotel under hard quarantine. 

Some (most?) international flights require vaccination.  Thai Pass requires vaccination.  A visa requires vaccination.  Show up at immigration without either and they are probably going to want to see vaccination just because they feel like it.  You are going to try do all that just for the privilege of spending 14 days in quarantine?  ????

I read the funniest stuff on this board sometimes.

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Some (most?) international flights require vaccination.  Thai Pass requires vaccination.  A visa requires vaccination.  Show up at immigration without either and they are probably going to want to see vaccination just because they feel like it.  You are going to try do all that just for the privilege of spending 14 days in quarantine?  ????

I read the funniest stuff on this board sometimes.

Meanwhile 1400 people have arrived since 1 Nov in the unvaccinated quarantine schemeFB_IMG_1636777271077.jpg.d13208a93ffe2175cd3ab8f4fb4c7056.jpg

I read the funniest stuff on this board sometimes 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Meanwhile 1400 people have arrived since 1 Nov in the unvaccinated quarantine scheme

You need to take out the 366 that did the 7 day quarantine since that is only for those vaccinated but are from a unlisted country.

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2021 at 2:11 PM, aussiexpat said:

Yeah you booked the same hotel as the one I canceled. Good luck with your mystery shared passengers in the shuttle van (and 5000 for ambulance if tested positive, likely without symptoms, is outrageous)

It’s a risk too far. I was not aware that I would be in a mini van with 3 others. My reservation just had transport one way on it. When I read about the devastating consequences if one of my group showed positive I badgered the hotel to get my result and I took no time to do a runner as soon as my negative result came through. To put folk through this misery of worry as you rightly say is outrageous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4000 bath is reasonable imo, when you consider the ride from airport and pcr test all included, plus the hotel has to be certified which would not be cheap to setup, having said that and with the au dollar on a spiralling decline again Aussies will feel it more than others.