Unexpected problem with annual visa extension (Thai wife)

I am due to renew my annual visa extension on Monday.

One of the forms they require is a confirmation of marriage print out.

Problem is my local Amper cannot do it because their entire computer system is down and they are ripping it out and installing a new one. They have told me to come back on Monday and hopefully it will be up and running.

This is cutting it a bit fine since come Monday everybody who has been turned away will turn up so it will be very busy and no guarantee it will be working.

I am wondering, has anybody got this affirmation of marriage certificate from outside the Amper they live in. I plan to drive to the next one later this afternoon to get it from the horses mouth but was wondering if anybody else has done this. We were actually married in Bangkok so it should be on the computer system and a possible way out.

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, internationalism said:

you can go to another ampur office in you neighbourhood. They suppose to have it accessible on the entire system

Yes....I thought so to. Planning to go after lunch. Thanks for answering

• Like 1

You can get the KR2 at any amphur office in Thailand.   For my latest marriage extension of stay (did it about a month ago), the KR2 cost at the local amphur/khet office here in Bangkok was 1 (one) baht.  Since the wife and I got two originals the total charge was 2 baht.   Seems they only charge for the approx cost of the paper printout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

I have to get my kor ror 22 how long before you do the extention can you get it ? 

How early you can request the print out of the Kor Ror 22 depends upon the office you apply at.

Within a week should be good at most offices and 1 or 2 may want it done the day before you apply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, internationalism said:

you can go to another ampur office in you neighbourhood. They suppose to have it accessible on the entire system

We have a copy of our marriage (Like a diploma) and we simply photocopy this document.  I am assuming that all married people in Thailand have this document at home. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, internationalism said:

OMG.......OMG!    So I didn't have to drive for four hours to get a new one because the IO said it was a day old and had to be dated for that day?????

I could have just gone to the local Amphur????.........if 555 is for laughter, what do I put for tears?

Edited by Will B Good

28 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Why leave it so late you are allowed to renew your extension one month before the expired date 

How do you know what date the O/P's renewal is due?

5 minutes ago, yimlitnoy said:

We have a copy of our marriage (Like a diploma) and we simply photocopy this document.  I am assuming that all married people in Thailand have this document at home. 

The form that is required is the Kor Ror 2 which confirms that the marriage has not been dissolved. Not all Imm offices ask for one. It was 3 years before we first heard of it when we moved to a new office.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, yimlitnoy said:

A recent print out of you Kor Ror 2 marriage registry from a Amphoe is required to apply for a extension based upon marriage. You still need a copy of your marriage certificate (Kor Ror 3) as well.

16 hours ago, Pib said:

You can get the KR2 at any amphur office in Thailand.   For my latest marriage extension of stay (did it about a month ago), the KR2 cost at the local amphur/khet office here in Bangkok was 1 (one) baht.  Since the wife and I got two originals the total charge was 2 baht.   Seems they only charge for the approx cost of the paper printout.

My wife got one last week with 100% discount. Because of Covid, they said. Bizarre, but welcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yimlitnoy said:

We got married in the UK.

I have the certificate in English, a translation in Thai done at the MFA at Cheang Wattana and verified by them, plus several years ago the IO at Kamphaeng Phet wanted to see the Kor Ror 22. 

To do that we had to register our marriage at the local amphur. It wasn't expensive but they need a new issue every year, so my wife goes a few days before I apply for my extension and it costs 20 baht.

20 hours ago, yimlitnoy said:

When applying for a visa extension based on marriage you need the

Marriage certificate,

KR2,

Update form confirming you're still married dated the day you apply for the extension,

Copies of the above.

• Confused 1

On 10/28/2021 at 6:33 PM, Pib said:

Actually , 2 baht is what the wife paid also for the paper only. I saw her with the 20 baht in her hand and assumed she had paid it over. But she later told me the girl only asked for 2 baht.

Now....what wild extravagance can we blow the other 18 baht on !

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Andycoops said:

When applying for a visa extension based on marriage you need the

Marriage certificate,

KR2,

Update form confirming you're still married dated the day you apply for the extension,

Copies of the above.

In Kamphaeng Phet IO the only thing that they want dated the day of application is the updated bankbook and the 12 months bank statement and letter from the bank.

Plus 2 copies of everything, 1 for them and 1 the regional office in Chiang Mai.